News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ceratosaurus vs Stegosaurus

Started by suspsy, October 18, 2018, 02:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

A very cool article on the NMNH Ceratosaurus. Between T. rex about to behead Triceratops and Stegosaurus flattening Ceratosaurus, the new dinosaur gallery sounds like it'll be a real winner!

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/blogs/national-museum-of-natural-history/2018/10/16/smithsonian-dino-celebrity-finally-tells-all/?fbclid=IwAR1CRa_Ldx-gbZud8Ver8_eLcZwBqxS88sV08fw8eMB9eS8JrPTbyrUYKo8
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Wow! Even incomplete that mount still looks stunning!
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Lizerd

So that's why the saurischians hall was closed when I visited a few weekends ago. Very cool, I look forward to seeing it.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Lanthanotus

Nice read and while certainly cool to look at... would any clear witted and not totally desperate Ceratosaurus take on a fully grown Stegosaurus? I highly doubt that...

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's nice seeing the mounts shaping up, I can't wait to go back once the new exhibit's open!

I'm not a fan of the poses though. I prefer neutral poses that exemplify the species, and aren't specific to just one situation the animal could be in.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

John

#

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 19, 2018, 03:00:29 AM
It's nice seeing the mounts shaping up, I can't wait to go back once the new exhibit's open!

I'm not a fan of the poses though. I prefer neutral poses that exemplify the species, and aren't specific to just one situation the animal could be in.
I certainly agree with this,especially for the Triceratops and Ceratosaurus.But still,it will be interesting for me to see how the Ceratosaurus skeleton will be updated as that one was always my favorite in the museum. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.