News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 25, 2019, 12:43:25 AM
Papo isn't having the best year this time. Kinda glad considering PNSO is pumping out models in the dozens

;) ;) I see that you are still upset about the lack of a Gorgo Giga!  >:D

Minmiminime

There are only so many poses a toy dinosaur can be sculpted in, which I guess is why Papo try to mix things up a bit, but it does look a little bit like it's doing a squat! Looks like it's their usual very high standard otherwise, though :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 25, 2019, 06:30:52 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 25, 2019, 12:43:25 AM
Papo isn't having the best year this time. Kinda glad considering PNSO is pumping out models in the dozens

;) ;) I see that you are still upset about the lack of a Gorgo Giga!  >:D

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me....no more  :'( :'( :'(

ONE DAY!!!

Shonisaurus

The video of the gorgosaurus of Papo shows a figure as almost the totality of his sculptures very finished and is a theropod that is perfectly standing. Regardless of the criticism I understand that we have to thank the Papo brand (at least for my part) for having made and tyrannosaurid other than the famous tyrannosaurus rex.

I also have to say that the figure could be more scientific and based less on WWD3D but I honestly do not complain, it is a figure that will make very good company to my Gorgosaurus of Safari and Favorite tarbosaurus for two examples. What intrigues me what will be the respective size of both Gorgosaurus and Papo pentaceratops (which I think may be the best figure of this ceraptoside even surpassing that of other brands)

It seems that the size of Papo's gorgosaurus must be small compared to the hand that appears in the video.

dragon53

I was worried the Papo Gorgosaurus would be relatively small and was hoping it would be about the same size as the Papo Allosaurus.
The video appears to confirm my fears---it appears to be small and about the same size as the Papo Carnotaurus.

Shonisaurus

According to everythingdinosaur the model of gorgosaurus of Papo 2019 will be available in June-July of this year. We will have to wait a little before it is marketed.

The size obviously must correspond to the scale that Papo has for its prehistoric models (independently that it does not have a certain scale). My impression is that Papo has decided this year not to risk much in his novelties or take a year off from the previous years that were sublime.

Syndicate Bias

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 26, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Papo 2020???  ;D

I'm predicting we will 100% get a Giga next year as I heard a rumor that one of Papo's sculptors confirmed a Giga for either this year or next, but I'm not sure.

Reptilia

Quote from: Spino on January 26, 2019, 01:07:25 AM
I heard a rumor that one of Papo's sculptors confirmed a Giga...

This statement can potentially start a general hysteria on which Papo's sculptor said so. I'm still hopeful that we'll get it at the end of this year, as part of an exclusive preview package.

The Gorgosaurus looks wonderful, I've already spotted the right way/angle to display it. Can't wait to see more of the Pentaceratops too.

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on January 26, 2019, 01:16:44 AM
I heard a rumor that one of Papo's sculptors confirmed a Giga...

This statement can potentially start a general hysteria on which Papo's sculptor said so. I'm still hopeful that we'll get it at the end of this year, as part of an exclusive preview package.

Yeah, but I doubt they would use it as an exclusive, as it would be a HUGE product for Papo to release, but the sooner the better IMO.

Syndicate Bias

Oh you guys are serious. Well if you guys trust your source then I can't wait to see either end of the year or 2020s releases.

Minmiminime

Oh, yes...I hadn't noticed how small the Gorgosaurus appears to be! I had also assumed it would be quite sizeable. Doesn't put me off, though. Saves on shelf space, especially with these gigantic PNSO figures on the horizon 😉
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 26, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Papo 2020???  ;D

I'm predicting we will 100% get a Giga next year as I heard a rumor that one of Papo's sculptors confirmed a Giga for either this year or next, but I'm not sure.

Hopefully such predictions are true on the part of this Papo sculptor. We have been waiting for Papo's giganotosaurus for two or three years and it is not yet commercialized. I want to be optimistic and that Papo's giganotosaurus compete with the rest of the other brands of toy dinosaurs that have this emblematic theropod that is an icon of the dinosaurs of South America, especially Argentina.

Duna

Is it possible that the Papo pentaceratops had been on sale in December in some shops?

I live in northern Spain, not very near from my home there's a small toy shop. That shop has thousands (really thousands!) of euros in dino figurines, they buy Papo, Schleich and a few Collecta.
When I pass by the shop, I spend some time looking at the figurines of the window (they have a lot), and one day in December I saw - very happy - that they had bought a huge lot of new models just for Christmas. And there was the Pentaceratops at the front, sitting on its back legs. My eyes went inmediately to it (I knew it was new in the shop, but I thought it was an old model). I wanted it, but I know in that shop the prices are 10€ higher than in Amazon, so I asked my husband (he has the Amazon account) in that moment to look the price in Amazon and buy it as a Christmas present. I remembered perfectly spelling - P-E-N-T-A ceratops, Papo Pentaceratops - to him. And my husband replied: No, not found, maybe another name? And I said, No, imposible, that IS a Pentaceratops, or I am very wrong ... not, impossible, that head, it IS a pentaceratops ...

The following week it had been sold with many others (they sold about 20 or more dinos! for Christmas) and I restarted my online research. Just to come across this forum (which I love) and find that that Pentaceratops was indeed a new 2019 release! I couldn't believe it, I just saw it, I had it just behind a glass ... :(

Last week I went to the shop and asked the saleswoman about the dino, and she knew nothing about them by name :)) :)) She just buys what the dealer brings if she likes it and just it. She even pulled out a Papo catalogue so I could find that model, but it was the 2018 version.

So I lost my chance to buy it but I found this forum, not everything was bad ...

Thank you for reading!

Minmiminime

That's a really interesting story, avatar_Duna @Duna ! What a shame you seem to have missed out, it may remain a mystery as to how the shop ever had this figure. We will now have to wait until summer for the general release! Welcome to the forum :))

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Fascinating story. You were this close to being one of the first ever people (possibly the first) to get this Pentaceratops. Welcome to the forum avatar_Duna @Duna

As a side note, the Gorgosaurus still has pronated hands, so it's still not worth it to me.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Derek.McManus

Cheers dits great story thanks for sharing

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Welcome and thanks for your story. Maybe now you would be enjoying a model of Papo (in this case the pentaceratops of Papo 2019) that you will have to wait, for not having bought it in time until mid-year at least. Nice story. On the other hand we are two people who have problems when we express ourselves in English in the forum and that for my misfortune I go to academies and I prepare online at home courses to improve my English, but I recognize that it costs me a lot, and sincerely English is a global language at the global level to handle the world and find work even in my nation.

dragon53

DUNA:

Welcome to the forum.

When you see a Papo Gigantosaurus in that shop, please post it here.  ;)

Concavenator

What's with Papo and those ridiculous poses?  ;D

The pose of the Gorgosaurus is weird.Also,the hands looks like they are pronated ( haven't really seen them properly,but it looks like so) and it lacks feathers so it's a pass for me. Kinda sad because Gorgosaurus is a very nice genus choice.

Not to say the Pentaceratops' pose is just plain comic.And I could continue naming weirdly posed Papo models (Dilophosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Cryolophosaurus... ::) ) .

It's a shame because only if they used better poses their figures would be a lot better.Just look at their Allosaurus and Dimetrodon. They're without a doubt two of their best figures and those two have very good poses.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: