News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Yea this Spinosaurus a hippo

Silvanusaurus

If only they had sculpted it to be as plump as a Hippo, then I would be fully on board with this thing.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 27, 2019, 08:50:51 PM
If only they had sculpted it to be as plump as a Hippo, then I would be fully on board with this thing.

What if it wasn't as plump?  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 27, 2019, 03:08:24 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2019, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: ITdactyl on February 27, 2019, 10:11:25 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , if the tail extensions had been fleshy lobes (ala newts) instead of obvious ray-fins, would you have forgiven this trespass?*

*I meant that in jest of course.

It would be far less of an affront to the senses that's for sure ;)

In all seriousness the flattened tail without the fish fins would have been fine.  A sea snake, salamander, ect.. would all have been a closer match to me than a fish.

hmm...maybe this particular Spino developed an adaptation (e.g. as bait) on its tail for luring in other larger fish....

Were it me I would evolve a lure closer to my mouth, Alligator Snapping turtles use their tongue very effectively like this.

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 27, 2019, 03:40:07 PM
Unfortunately your suspicions were indeed correct. It almost looks like a bunch of little spines pressed against each other rather than a natural looking tail. Shame they didn't just make it flat or wrinkled like an eel or a salamander.

Like a seasnake even..yeah that I could have lived with. 

Ivántirrophus

I love this Papo spinosaurus, I hope it will be same size of "Ozymandias" from Rebor.

Unfortunately here in México Papos take a long time to be released, maybe until December      :(

Syndicate Bias

Paladinos Mexico talked about the approximate cost for the Spino for them. They said around 1100 to 1290 Mexican Pesos which is roughly 68 dollars maximum and of course rounded up.

So that leads me to believe the Spino might be around 60 to 70 dollars alone I could be wrong though. But it definitely won't be the usual 40 since Paladinos has their Theri and Acro at 800 or 900 pesos which is far less than 1290 pesos. Their brachio is upwards in the 1100s so yea.

This figure will be much more costly if I'm assuming this to be correct

Minmiminime

Maybe this is a venture into producing something actually more akin to a Sideshow piece, albeit in plastic? Their figures are (generally) of a pretty incredible standard of detail and paint apps, moreso even than even some resin statues as it is, for a fraction of the price; perhaps they're trying to raise their profile a bit above "toy" level with pieces like this
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 28, 2019, 07:36:36 AM
Maybe this is a venture into producing something actually more akin to a Sideshow piece, albeit in plastic? Their figures are (generally) of a pretty incredible standard of detail and paint apps, moreso even than even some resin statues as it is, for a fraction of the price; perhaps they're trying to raise their profile a bit above "toy" level with pieces like this

Possibly but only time will tell. I never really saw papo as toys. While their earlier models were less detailed and the paint jobs weren't as sharp as they are now they were still better than anything else out there until Rebor showed up and now PNSO and W-Dragon and Nanmu.

Ever since 2017 their figures have started to really take a turn for the best in .y honest opinion. Their Ceratosaurus is one of their best followed by their 2018 Therizinosaurus and now their 2019 Penta and Spino have taken that spot.

Papo has come a long way and I'm hopeful that this will be the start of their prime now that their new figures really do have the potential to compete against alot of resin kits. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the best future  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 28, 2019, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: Minmiminime on February 28, 2019, 07:36:36 AM

Possibly but only time will tell. I never really saw papo as toys. While their earlier models were less detailed and the paint jobs weren't as sharp as they are now they were still better than anything else out there until Rebor showed up and now PNSO and W-Dragon and Nanmu.

Ever since 2017 their figures have started to really take a turn for the best in .y honest opinion. Their Ceratosaurus is one of their best followed by their 2018 Therizinosaurus and now their 2019 Penta and Spino have taken that spot.

Papo has come a long way and I'm hopeful that this will be the start of their prime now that their new figures really do have the potential to compete against alot of resin kits. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the best future  ^-^

Do not forget the quetzalcoatlus of Papo is another figure equally impressive in terms of quality to the figures you mentioned, from my sincere point of view, it can be confused with a resin figure.

Killekor

Hi all,
I'm back and I'm ready to join again all the threads!
Here's my opinion about the new figures:

Stegosaurus: just a boring repaint.

Allosaurus: I personally think that this repaint is a big improvement over the original paint job. I really like it!

Brown T-Rex: LOL! This guy made me laugh. I know that re-relaising this model it's an offense to all the people who bought it for undreds of dollars, but for me is such a funny thing. Naturally I don't want to hurt anyone, and sorry if I've done it.

Gorgosaurus: a nice new sculpt, although nothing particularly interesting for me. I find strange that they gave him a different color scheme from the WWD one.

Pentaceratops: a stunning must have. I'll probably get it.

And finally, the Spinosaurus: I personally love it. It's just an incredible figure, and it's probably the best spino out there. I think that the sculpt itself it's a limited edition, simply because of the re-release of the T-Rex, which was one of the myths of dinosaur collecting. Now that they re-released it, they need to make another extra rare figure, and the Spino is the perfect candidate. Super detailed, realistic, accurate, and stunning.
His tail don't bother me at all. I think that they introduced an interesting theory, and I appreciate that. I've already reserved one, and I can't wait to have it.
Just a question: someone knows if it has an articulated jaw?

Thanks,
Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ceratosaurus

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Doug Watson

Quote from: Killekor on February 28, 2019, 12:23:54 PM
Hi all,
I'm back and I'm ready to join again all the threads!
Here's my opinion about the new figures:

Stegosaurus: just a boring repaint.

Allosaurus: I personally think that this repaint is a big improvement over the original paint job. I really like it!

Brown T-Rex: LOL! This guy made me laugh. I know that re-relaising this model it's an offense to all the people who bought it for undreds of dollars, but for me is such a funny thing. Naturally I don't want to hurt anyone, and sorry if I've done it.

Gorgosaurus: a nice new sculpt, although nothing particularly interesting for me. I find strange that they gave him a different color scheme from the WWD one.

Pentaceratops: a stunning must have. I'll probably get it.

And finally, the Spinosaurus: I personally love it. It's just an incredible figure, and it's probably the best spino out there. I think that the sculpt itself it's a limited edition, simply because of the re-release of the T-Rex, which was one of the myths of dinosaur collecting. Now that they re-released it, they need to make another extra rare figure, and the Spino is the perfect candidate. Super detailed, realistic, accurate, and stunning.
His tail don't bother me at all. I think that they introduced an interesting theory, and I appreciate that. I've already reserved one, and I can't wait to have it.

Thanks,
Killekor

Hey there avatar_Killekor @Killekor welcome back to the forum, I missed your enthusiasm!

Minmiminime

Hey avatar_Killekor @Killekor , welcome back! I'm sure the Spinosaurus does have an articulated jaw  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

SidB

Welcome back, Killekor. You've been conspicuous by your absence.

MLMjp

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 28, 2019, 07:01:46 AM
So that leads me to believe the Spino might be around 60 to 70 dollars alone I could be wrong though. But it definitely won't be the usual 40 since Paladinos has their Theri and Acro at 800 or 900 pesos which is far less than 1290 pesos. Their brachio is upwards in the 1100s so yea.

I really hope you are wrong because I dont wanna spend more than 50€ on this.

I also hope it is not released in fall like some sites claim otherwise it will overlap with Jurassic World's Indominus and Brachiosaurus. And that would be A LOT of money to expend in a short amount of time.

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Yeah same here. Both the I. rex and Brachiosaurus together are going to be like $90 (not including tax) if together for me (no telling what that means for folks outside the US other then pricey). Hopefully I can space them apart, but it will be tough if these all show up at the same exact time.

Edit: And give or take, the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian kickstarter, if that hits around then. Unless it is this summer.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Same. Kinda worried because PNSO said mid year for their Spino and Giga as well.

PhilSauria

Much as I'd like to get hold of those big Mattels I think there is little or no chance of them showing up over here in Australia (and forget about trying to ship in anything that size!! - I saw a $70US shipping on something the size of a small Safari figure the other day-what the...?!) so I'll be channeling all of my funding towards the PNSO figures - now these I have been able to get hold of (funds permitting).

As I have managed to get on a Wish List for the Papo Spinosaurus here that will take priority for me and I'll try to catch up with the PNSOs later. What a year!

Killekor

Quote from: SidB on February 28, 2019, 02:30:29 PM
Welcome back, Killekor. You've been conspicuous by your absence.
Quote from: Minmiminime on February 28, 2019, 01:49:48 PM
Hey avatar_Killekor @Killekor , welcome back! I'm sure the Spinosaurus does have an articulated jaw  ^-^
Quote from: Doug Watson on February 28, 2019, 01:25:16 PM
Hey there avatar_Killekor @Killekor welcome back to the forum, I missed your enthusiasm!

Thanks to everyone! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on February 28, 2019, 01:19:04 PM
Quote from: Killekor on February 28, 2019, 12:23:54 PM

According to Urzeitshop it has a moveable jaw.

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/papo/3303-spinosaurus-limited-edition-by-papo-3465000550776.html?search_query=Spinosaurus+&results=30

Thanks for the info, Ceratosaurus! This particular makes it even more exceptional!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

Also in www.minizoo.com.au is going to sell the spinosaurus of Papo (limited edition) step the link:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/products/spinosaurus-limited-edition.html

I get the impression that all the classic online stores are going to sell that limited figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: