News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2018, 12:03:53 PM
This is not prehistory-related, but CollectA is finally breaking into the realm of fantasy.

I vaguely remember seeing fantasy-related boxed figures on their website in the past, but they seem to have disappeared (or I can't find them in the awful new website layout), which suggests they are rebooting the line, as all the models I remember seeing looked like they came from several years ago.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

empire3569

That carnotaurus looks very nice! I will echo the sentiments of others, I too find it more appealing than the safari version. The colors look very naturalistic, which is something that can't always be said about this company, and the sculpt looks very well done. I have yet to add any CollectA figures to my collection, but this might change that!

MLMjp

Happy for those who wanted an Edaphosaurus. Disappointed because none of these two figures appeal to me. I prefer SafariĀ“s rendition of the meat-eating bull.

Bokisaurus

Ohhhhh, Ahhhh!
Beautiful new figures! I really love both ( well all of them so far). The edaphosaurus is just awesome, it should look nice next to it's nemesis  ;D
The Carno is nice, really love the graceful and bold yet natural looking colors and design. I'm glad that they waited to make one, it's hard to imagine how one would have turned out if they made one back in the olden days ;D
The legs at first looks long and skinny, but upon closer look, it's just the paint ( white) that obscured the muscles. It would be interesting to see it in another angle. So far this is my favorite Carno to date, I personally like it better that the Safari version.
Okay, so that is 2 dinos and 2 non-dino, not a bad mix, can't wait for the next reveal next week!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Hooray for Edaphosaurus!!!!  :D

Shonisaurus

By the way, does not carnotaurus have an articulated jaw? I would like to know in my case I am very interested with this data and with all the respect to the rest of the forum. I would like that great carnotaurus had been made without articulated jaw although I do not care if he has it. The Collecta dinosaurs have articulated jaws that are very hard at least the ceratosaurus and tyrannosaurus theropods feathered in 2018 and it does not obsess me either. But I am surprised that there is no news about that data.

suspsy

ED doesn't mention an articulated jaw in their description. If this Carnotaurus lacks one, that's fine with me.

We have yet to see a new & improved version of an old toy a la Styracosaurus and Iguanodon. Next week, perhaps?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2018, 09:05:56 PM
ED doesn't mention an articulated jaw in their description. If this Carnotaurus lacks one, that's fine with me.

We have yet to see a new & improved version of an old toy a la Styracosaurus and Iguanodon. Next week, perhaps?

I'm betting on a new scale model version of Corynthosaurus and Allosaurus

PhilSauria

Comparison image to aid in deciding which will be the winning contender for our hard-earned...or just get both.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 09, 2018, 08:53:22 PM
By the way, does not carnotaurus have an articulated jaw? I would like to know in my case I am very interested with this data and with all the respect to the rest of the forum.

I personally don't think the Carnotaurus has an articulated jaw. Especially with the level of flabbiness on it's neck, if it did have an articulated jaw then the articulation joint would, even in a blurry image (like the one shown), be fairly obvious.

Fembrogon

Oooh, both of those reveals look very nice. I'm especially excited for the Edaphosaurus; I need more classic Paleozoic fauna in my collection!

terrorchicken

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2018, 12:03:53 PM
This is not prehistory-related, but CollectA is finally breaking into the realm of fantasy. They've got a unicorn stallion and unicorn foal coming out for next year. Guess that means we can expect a dragon sometime in the future.

I collect fantasy creatures so that's good news, thanks! ;D

really like the 2 new reveals. I like this carno more than Safari's and the edaphosaurus is nice, though I dont know if Ill get it since I already have the Bullyland one. What's really impressive to me are the paint jobs, wow what an improvement! they dont look like someone just spray painted camouflage on them!  :o

John

Horned bipedal meat eaters seem to now be something of a specialty for CollectA...first the fantastic Ceratosaurus,now a Carnotaurus that could be the best I've seen yet. :)

And I love what I'm seeing so far of the Borealopelta and Edaphosaurus.

I never thought I would hear myself say this as the biggest fan of the Carnegie Museum line,but right now CollectA has not only filled in the void left by the end of that line,but they have also improved to the point of having now surpassed it. :o ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 09, 2018, 09:41:00 PM
Comparison image to aid in deciding which will be the winning contender for our hard-earned...or just get both.

The side by side photos remind me how weird this animal must have been. The JP movie version seems to make it appear somewhat believable, probably due to gritty colors used...but Carno must have been quite a sight to behold.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 10, 2018, 01:46:07 AM
Carno must have been quite a sight to behold.

ANY dinosaur would be.  :))

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Flaffy on November 09, 2018, 02:50:40 AM
Well what a coincidence  ::), a carnotaurus. I like this carnotaurus more than the Safari one. I personally feel that this one is more natural looking, and has the better colour scheme as well. Could've used a bit more patterning on the other parts of the body, and the dorsal osteoderms are a bit too pronounced for my liking, but overall this is a very nice figure.
Do the legs seem a bit too long? Since carnotaurus recently got a proportion update: (credit to franoys)
This is...honestly one of my biggest problems with CollectA, I noticed it with the first feathered T. rex too.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

sauroid

now our Bullyland Edaphosaurus will have a mate. btw, too bad the two new Carnotaurus from the two companies have the same pose, but they both look good anyway.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2018, 03:24:42 AM
now our Bullyland Edaphosaurus will have a mate. btw, too bad the two new Carnotaurus from the two companies have the same pose, but they both look good anyway.

All the Carnos from every company have the same pose...except Papo, they at least attempted something new.

ITdactyl

Thanks for the comparison post. They do look good side by side... A nice mated pair. Getting both, with the kaiyodo as their "kid". ;D

On a sidenote, i agree that collecta's version has legs that are too long... But... Psssshhhfffft... Hopefully they listen to feedback and improve their next batch of theropods.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: