News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

I don't like that elasmotheirium. He looks wet. Which I guess could be useful for dioramas. But looks unappealing generally.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

PhilSauria

Wet or dry, that Elasmotherium is going to be joining my herd of ancient Rhinos as soon as I can place an order and have it delivered. Looks great!

DragonRider02

I am dissapointed with Carno's color sheme, the stripes don't look as good as on the stock photo :'( It' s a shame, I really liked the stripes!

Minmiminime

Yay, it looks like they haven't totally blunted the teeth like the Ceratosaurus!! Woohoo 😁🎉 Looks like I'll be buying more CollectA figures this year than any other year so far😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've seen it said that whilst CollectA hasn't exactly got the largest selection for this year, the figures they do have are of a great quality, and I agree with the quality over quantity argument, however I am disappointed that of their selection, there are 3 large scaly carnivourous therapods, no fethered therapods, no sauropods, 1 ornithischian, 1 pterosaur, 1 mammal and 1 non-mammal synapsid. Not much in variety, even if Baryonyx is, to me, one of the most interesting therapods.

The new images are great. The Baryonyx looks much better, and I have a feeling that it is not too big, if there turns out to be something in the theoru that Baryonyx did have a raised spine then, apart from the crocodile tail) this may well be the most accurate Baryonyx. I still love the Favorite version, but if this is of comparable size I can have them as male and female. I plan to pick this one up.

The Carnotaurus looks very nice, I though it did anyway, but as I already bought the beautiful Safari one, and because this Carnotaurus looks far too big for me, I will likely pass.

The Fukuiraptor looks to be of an appropriate size for me, neither too big nor too small, and since I don't have any Favorite ones, I will pick this one too, and put it next to my Favorite Fukuisaurus.

The Borealopelta, whilst I'm glad is not too big, is rather small, but not too small for me, and as my favourite Nodosaur, and as a work of palaeoart (in accordance with the preservation of the animal), makes this one a must. The colouring looks much better on the display item than in the stock photos too.

The Caiuajara is a great figure, but I'm currently not buying any massive figures of small pterosaurs at the moment (I don't have the Guidraco or Dimorphodon either yet), so it's a no for the time being, as beautiful as it is. (And I'm pleased that pycnofibres may be able to blue after all, not just for the accuracy of this sculpt, but because I really like and agree with the theory that the ancestor of all dinosauromorphs and pterosauromorphs was 'fluffy')

The Edaphosaurus is a thing of beauty, and since the Bullyland one is not exactly easy to get hold of, this one is a must. The size is pretty much what I was hoping for.

The Elasmotherium is a wonderful scraggy animal, and I really want to get it, but it just looks far too big. There's no space on my mammal shelf as it is. And this looks of comparabble size to the probiscians.

Thanks for these pics and the catalogue.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Elasmotherium WAS comparable in size to proboscidians, dude. It's the second biggest rhino known.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

The Baryonyx and Edaphosaurus look much better than it does in the stock images, and I might get the Carnotaurus too. I agree that the Elasmotherium looks wet, but, then again, at least it's not in a drinking pose  ^-^

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: suspsy on February 02, 2019, 06:39:22 PM
Elasmotherium WAS comparable in size to proboscidians, dude. It's the second biggest rhino known.
Good to know, I thought there were more between Elasmotherium and Paraceratherium.

Quote from: Concavenator on February 02, 2019, 08:44:35 PM
Quote from: Andreioli on February 02, 2019, 07:56:00 PM
I found these two already available on eBay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRILLIANT-2019model-EDAPHOSAURUS-Dinosaur-1-20-scale-CollectA-88840-BNWT/292944150117?hash=item4434d4fe65:g:HVsAAOSwg5FcVYLe:rk:5:pf:0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-20-Scale-CAIUAJARA-Deluxe-Dinosaur-Bird-Model-Movable-jaw-CollectA-88723-BNWT/333048323248?hash=item4d8b3a1cb0:g:q5YAAOSwPFtcVDoS:rk:20:pf:0

They are selling fast.
Wow,all Edaphosaurus are sold already and only one Caiuajara left  :o
I noticed the Caiuajara yesterday. If I'd noticed the Edaphosaurus I would've bought it, but I'm in no rush as ED will get it in soon anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

PhilSauria

I didn't see those listing either, academic now as the items have sold out, but I too will wait and support my regular 'dealer', local online retailers Mini Zoo. They have always looked after me and are quick to respond always resulting in a polite and helpful customer response experience. (How's that for an unpaid endorsement)

Despite a minor price rise (Collecta have always had great pricing anyway IMO) I will be ordering most of the new releases for this year. And in regard to that Elasmotherium; bring on the large figures!

As a major Sauropod collector I am missing the lack of them lately, the marvelous Camarasaurus being the exception.

terrorchicken

QuoteThe Elasmotherium is a wonderful scraggy animal, and I really want to get it, but it just looks far too big. There's no space on my mammal shelf as it is. And this looks of comparabble size to the probiscians.

I thought it was huge too until I realized the other prehistoric  mammal figures next to it are probably the toob figures and not the regular deluxe sized mammals. Maybe you made the same mistake I did? :D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on February 02, 2019, 07:56:00 PM
I found these two already available on eBay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRILLIANT-2019model-EDAPHOSAURUS-Dinosaur-1-20-scale-CollectA-88840-BNWT/292944150117?hash=item4434d4fe65:g:HVsAAOSwg5FcVYLe:rk:5:pf:0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-20-Scale-CAIUAJARA-Deluxe-Dinosaur-Bird-Model-Movable-jaw-CollectA-88723-BNWT/333048323248?hash=item4d8b3a1cb0:g:q5YAAOSwPFtcVDoS:rk:20:pf:0

They are selling fast.

That means that my two favorite figures of non-prehistoric animals caiuajara and edaphosaurus are already in sales on eBay. I will wait in my case until June or after September, or the time that is needed in my store of all my life in Madrid. I do not sell myself in my case for a plate of lentils to people whose support not only commercial but human has no possible price on earth.

On the other hand I have noticed that the carnotaurus of Collecta 2019 in its catalog does not appear that it has an articulated jaw as it happens with fukuiraptor, sincerely I celebrate it. I understand that toy dinosaur companies should make theropods and other prehistoric animals with articulated jaws and without jaws articulated so that in a solomonic way there are no complaints for fans of dinosaurs with articulated parts or without articulated parts, and that is a wise decision on the part of Collecta.

Thank you avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli  for these two links to buy that indicates that the brand Collecta already begins to move in the market as soon as the year 2019 begins and that is a very good sign.

On the other hand I celebrate that elasmotherium (one of my favorite mammals along with paraceratherium, uintatherium, teleoceras, megacerops, embolotherium and arsinoitherium), is made to a fairly large size. I'm not a fan of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs specifying small size. I prefer them on a large scale or medium-large size. As I say, big is beautiful (examples rhinos, elephants, whales and hippos).

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 02, 2019, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 02, 2019, 06:39:22 PM
Good to know, I thought there were more between Elasmotherium and Paraceratherium.

There almost certainly were, since Paraceratherium would have had to evolve from smaller ancestors, but they haven't been discovered yet. In any case, Elasmotherium caucasicum was the size of a woolly mammoth. It absolutely warrants a big toy.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Minmiminime

Wow, I had no idea! Prehistoric mammals really aren't my strong point 😹 I'm getting this one, though
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

If the elasmotherium existed at present, they would surely be in danger of extinction like the five species of rhinoceroses due to their extraordinary horn. Nor did I know that the elasmotherium was so huge.

Renecito

Great Carno picture. It definitely looks as if they made it to be the Carnegie's partner.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

What it seems is according to the catalog is that the jawbone of the carnotaurus is articulated but nevertheless everythingdinosaur affirms that it is articulated. I would like someday to know the truth before I have it in my collection.

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2019, 11:51:17 PM
What it seems is according to the catalog is that the jawbone of the carnotaurus is articulated but nevertheless everythingdinosaur affirms that it is articulated. I would like someday to know the truth before I have it in my collection.

According to the catalog it does not have an articulated jaw.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2019, 11:59:50 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2019, 11:51:17 PM

According to the catalog it does not have an articulated jaw.

I figured it for the photos of the Collecta 2019 catalog. Thanks for the information Renecito!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: