News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 12, 2019, 08:44:14 PM
Awesome looking figure! - I'll be placing my order locally as soon as Mini Zoo have it in stock here. Thanks for posing it with one of the other big CollectA Pterosaurs - gives a good idea in regard to its size. Thanks for the images.

I usually order with Minizoo myself, I'm curious as to just how much they are raising their prices on CollectA as previously mentioned. Hopefully it's still a better deal with shipping than others.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Flaffy on February 13, 2019, 08:07:09 AM
Does it have an articulated mouth?
Yes, but it doesn't move too much.

Flaffy

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02
Thank you for the responses and photos  ;D
Definitely going to pick up the amazing Caiuajara

Bokisaurus

Impressive indeed, I love it! I hope they come out soon. This CollectA supreme series is really unique in its focus on pterosaurs ( so far), nothing like it at the moment and its nice to see pterosaurs given that much attention :D

Halichoeres

That's such a winner. Waiting for one of my usual suppliers to get it in stock. Thanks for the photos!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

This year we will sincerely welcome (in my case March-April) the first part of prehistoric animal figures from Collecta. I suppose that in the best of cases we will have the borealopelta, caiuajara, edaphosaurus as marketable figures in online stores and I hope that even carnotaurus is available at those dates.

Unfortunately my longed for elasmotherium in my case will be available in October along with the baryonyx and fukuiraptor.

Concavenator

I would love a Supreme Microraptor or Halzskaraptor from CollectA so much. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Minizoo  just got their first shipment in.

Minmiminime

Quote from: Concavenator on February 14, 2019, 08:33:55 PM
I would love a Supreme Microraptor or Halzskaraptor from CollectA so much. ;D

Yes, please!!  ;D That really would be quite something. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before we get some fuzzy dinos!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Concavenator

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-New-Collecta-Dinosaur-Toy-Figure-Carnotaurus-Deluxe-1-40-Scale/223411384973?hash=item34045b328d:g:OLUAAOSwXIFcbfDn

The Carnegie Carnotaurus is one of my all time favorite figures, but I think this Carnotaurus might be even better than Carnegie's.

It looks so graceful and natural.

Shonisaurus

I sincerely prefer the Carnotaurus of Safari 2019 and the one of Carnegie, but in fact it looks very well the carnotaurus figure of Collecta 2019 does not have lips, provided arms but has some defects in relation to the painting, I do not like his painting for another part those eyes without pupil in some way removes grace to the figure. It is a debatable appraisal of mine, but regardless of the fact that Collecta's carnotaurus is an outstanding figure, as I say to the figures I like, I am much more attracted to Collecta's baryonyx, which in this case is the best baryonyx figure made to date.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2019, 10:18:09 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-New-Collecta-Dinosaur-Toy-Figure-Carnotaurus-Deluxe-1-40-Scale/223411384973?hash=item34045b328d:g:OLUAAOSwXIFcbfDn

The Carnegie Carnotaurus is one of my all time favorite figures, but I think this Carnotaurus might be even better than Carnegie's.

and the price so affordable..hey what!? 35.00?! lol

It's nice and I might consider getting one later (..but not at that price.. ;) ), it's just a lower priority than others, plus Carno burnout.

Halichoeres

Caiuajara was briefly showing as sold out at minizoo, but it's back in stock now if in case anybody is after it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

My first part of Collecta 2019 dinosaurs will be available in April approximately and the second part of Collecta 2019 dinosaurs will be available between July and October in my physical store of a lifetime I will wait what is needed. Not rush.

Renecito

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2019, 10:18:09 AM

I totally agree with you. Carnegie's is a classic masterpiece but Collecta's is so freaking wonderful. Those two are the best Carnotaurus ever madre in the toy market IMO.

Thanks for the link with new pics!!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Gothmog the Baryonyx

As I said in the unpopular opinions thread, I think both the CollectA and Wild Safari Carnotaurus are far superior to the Carnegie Carnotaurus. I probably won't get the CollectA one though as I already have the Safari (and the smaller Papo one which to me is more comparable to the Carnegie).
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Love the Edaphosaurus, his expression, detail, and size are excellent!

suspsy

Cool! How big is it compared to the Dimetrodon?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 28, 2019, 02:48:34 AM
Cool! How big is it compared to the Dimetrodon?

Sadly I do not have the Dimetrodon, I skipped it to the lackluster paint and having other Dimetrodons I preferred, but if they scaled together then I may have to reconsider.  It is just over 7 and half inches long and 3 inches tall.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow! Those are fantastic! I'll definitely be getting the Edaphosaurus and Borealopelta at some point! The latter is roughly 1:40-ish, right?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: