News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2019

Started by Dinojunior, November 14, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: suspsy on June 26, 2019, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 25, 2019, 09:41:50 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on June 25, 2019, 09:35:28 PM
if they are based on the minis I hope they make baryonyx or one of the tyrannosaurids.

The tyrannosaurids would be great. I also would love Abelisaurus, Majungasaurus, Concavenator and Cryolophosaurus. Of the last three there are some figures but new ones would be welcome.

A Majungasaurus would indeed be great. I have yet to see a toy of one that truly appealed to me.

what about Vitae's? avatar_suspsy @suspsy

suspsy

I stand by my statement.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on June 26, 2019, 06:10:34 PM
I stand by my statement.

Same with me.
Now, more sauropods please 😃

Joey

Syndicate Bias

oh wow i didnt know it was that bad lol

Shonisaurus

An ampelosaurus on the part of PNSO would be great or an omeisaurus, huanghetitan or shunosaurus. One is a sauropod made in miniature by PNSO and the other last mentioned sauropods are well-known Asian sauropods, being the huanghetitan a sauropod made in vinyl in immense size it would be interesting a huanghetitan at scale 1:35 or at a standard scale like the ankylosaurus, spinops, megalodon, stegosaurus, dakosaurus or eurhinosaurus from PNSO.

Syndicate Bias

dakosaurus is on Amazon for 18 USD

Duna

I've just ordered in Aliexpress the ankylosaurus (I'm in love with it, though I think I will correct the curve on the final part of the tail, they weren't able to do that) and Lucio the Amargasaurus (only 38€ without box).
I want a Megalodon, but the first larger version is still expensive, I think I'll get the smaller standard scale (even I like more the other model's mouth). I prefer also smaller versions for my Ikea glass cabinet.
Really like their new standard line, more affordable and still accurate and beautifully painted.

ItsTwentyBelow

I was thinking it would be really nice to be able to see photos of all the 2019 PNSO releases in one place. This thread hasn't gotten too absurdly long yet, so would it be possible for someone to update the first or second post and add those photos? Maybe if you are able to update the second post, tanystropheus? Looks like Dinojunior hasn't posted since January.

It's chaos trying to find which page has which images in the other thread.

Seems like we can probably expect additional releases this year too, so one place to gather the 2019 photos might be helpful.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

As usual I'm late to the party (I'm obviously not a wizard), in fact I'm so late, the vague 'rumours' I had planned to post are now pointless. If you don't believe me, or are interested, this is roughly what I was going to post:

QuoteIt looks like PNSO will be releasing another new figure soon. When I asked Everything Dinosaur about whether they will be getting in the new Eurhinosaurus and Spinops figures in, they replied yes, but not in the shipment that's currently still on the way (with the Amargasaurus, Spinosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Megalodon and Stegosaurus - which still hasn't arrived yet by the way) but they will be in the next shipment with a yet to be revealed third figure [which is obviously the Dakosaurus]

So as you can see, rather silly of me, however I will say I am looking forward to the Eurhinosaurus, Spinops and Dakosaurus figures, (I'm also looking forward to the Amargasaurus, Spinosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus figures as well)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ItsTwentyBelow

Today I received the Spinops and Eurhinosaurus figures. Boxes were pretty crushed, but the plastic shell kept each figure and booklet inside in fine condition. Great figures, but my enthusiasm was curbed a bit as soon as I noticed that my Eurhinosaurus appears to be missing the tip of its tail fluke, and also the tip of the left pectoral fin. These look like manufacturing defects, as the breaks are painted over; most likely little bits that were torn off while coming out of the mold. Those look like thin areas.

The Spinops is great, an amazing ceratopsian figure! I lucked out and received one with a much more subtle face wash than others. One of the most realistic dinosaurs I've seen at this scale and price.

I was really looking forward to the Eurhinosaurus, and it is a great figure too. Just wish it wasn't slightly damaged, but hey I guess some collectors go for manufacturing defects, right? The paint is pretty fabulous, and it actually does have that purple iridescent sheen similar to the stock photos when held in the light just right. Other folks' pics aren't doing it justice.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 16, 2019, 05:13:48 AM
Today I received the Spinops and Eurhinosaurus figures. Boxes were pretty crushed, but the plastic shell kept each figure and booklet inside in fine condition. Great figures, but my enthusiasm was curbed a bit as soon as I noticed that my Eurhinosaurus appears to be missing the tip of its tail fluke, and also the tip of the left pectoral fin. These look like manufacturing defects, as the breaks are painted over; most likely little bits that were torn off while coming out of the mold. Those look like thin areas.

The Spinops is great, an amazing ceratopsian figure! I lucked out and received one with a much more subtle face wash than others. One of the most realistic dinosaurs I've seen at this scale and price.

I was really looking forward to the Eurhinosaurus, and it is a great figure too. Just wish it wasn't slightly damaged, but hey I guess some collectors go for manufacturing defects, right? The paint is pretty fabulous, and it actually does have that purple iridescent sheen similar to the stock photos when held in the light just right. Other folks' pics aren't doing it justice.

I think it's not a defect as mine also have the same thing, or if it was a defect it was due to damage to the original mold that was too late to fix. At any rate, it really is not noticeable unless you look really close.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Probably not going to be interest to most of you, but if anyone else was waiting for Everything Dinosaur to get the PNSO figures in, they now have Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus and Xiaobei the Chungkingosaurus set, Essien the Spinosaurus, Lucas the Giganotosaurus, Lucio the Amargasaurus, Ron the Mosasaurus, Sede the Ankylosaurus, the gift box of 48 minis and, Patton the Megalodon (small one).
I have ordered the Dayong/Xiaboei set and Lucio for now. May pick up others later.
The rest of the figures that are currently available on Amazon will be arriving in a later shipment.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

I have a query for people who bought the new Stegosaurus.  My mid-size range Spinops came with a folded info/artwork sheet.  But my Stegosaurus, which arrived today, had no such info sheet.  Was it missing from my box, or doesn't this model have one?

postsaurischian

avatar_postsaurischian @ceratopsian: My Stegosaurus came with the usual folded info/artwork sheet.
  If you ordered from Everything Dinosaur, they might be kind enough to send you one afterwards.

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 17, 2019, 10:30:23 PM
  avatar_postsaurischian @ceratopsian: My Stegosaurus came with the usual folded info/artwork sheet.
  If you ordered from Everything Dinosaur, they might be kind enough to send you one afterwards.

Thanks. ED don't have it yet in their current shipment, so I bought it from PNSO on Amazon (as Yiniao). I will at least mention it to them!

suspsy

I got one with my Stegosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 17, 2019, 10:30:23 PM
There's a reason I didn't mention the Stegosaurus when I made a list of the PNSO figures Everything Dinosaur had in.

ItsTwentyBelow

B @Bokisaurus, thanks for confirming that these defects are not unique to my Eurhinosaurus. It is surely a manufacturing defect, and it was the first thing I noticed out of the box, but you're right that it isn't major and doesn't detract from the figure overall.

Still, it would be nice if PNSO had realized that the finished figures look like a couple fins had their tips clipped off. Oh well.

I'm happy with these figures and will have to acquire that Dakosaurus too at some point!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: