News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lego - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, December 07, 2018, 10:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I also want to say that the Triceratops looks really nice in those colours. So does the T. rex. I seriously doubt I'll be picking up either of those sets though. I'm on the fence about the Baryonyx one too. The Dilophosaurus one, however, is small enough and tantalizing enough to snap up.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

This new set is exclusive to the Lego House attraction in Denmark. It's a small-scale rendition of the large dinosaurs made from Lego bricks on display inside the building.

The display they're modeled after:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 12, 2019, 04:04:46 PM
This new set is exclusive to the Lego House attraction in Denmark. It's a small-scale rendition of the large dinosaurs made from Lego bricks on display inside the building.

The display they're modeled after:

A real shame it's only available at the LEGO House store.  :(

CityRaptor

There is also apparently a new Jurassic World magazine coming on April 30th. Although so far, I have not found any other info about it. Well, let's hope it does not come with yet another Owen.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CityRaptor

More pictures of the upcoming Jurassic World Sets:
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-jurassic-world-legend-of-isla-nublar-alle-set-neuheiten-ueberblick/79774

Some captions just for fun:

"26 years ago, one of your relatives killed Dennis Nedry. Come with me and you get a chance to kill his nephew."

"Life finds a way!"

"He chose...poorly."
Oh no

Reptilia

Why the Baryonyx has raptor's sickle claws?

suspsy

Quote from: Reptilia on April 28, 2019, 11:34:48 AM
Why the Baryonyx has raptor's sickle claws?

It reuses the Indoraptor's body. Only the head is new.

CityRaptor

The paraphrase a probably way too overused Jurassic Park quote: It's just Lego getting cheap on us.
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 28, 2019, 05:50:35 PM
The paraphrase a probably way too overused Jurassic Park quote: It's just Lego getting cheap on us.

Well, reusing parts whenever possible has always been one of LEGO's core principles. I certainly do agree that the Baryonyx would be much nicer with new hands and feet, however.

GojiraGuy1954

LEGO needs to continue their LEGO Dino line
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

You mean the one that was Jurassic Park anyways?

Anyways, the new Lego Jurassic World magazine is out:
https://www.blue-ocean.de/legor-jurassic-worldtm/detail/detail/die-dinos-kommen/
Seeing how the Baby Raptor included is another release of the 2018 Blue ( which I have thanks to the Baby Velociraptor Playpen polybag ), I won't pick it up. If it was the 2019 Blue or one of her sisters, things would be different.
And they are taunting us with a Spinosaurus again.

Next issue will come with yet another Owen and brown Baby Raptor. Basically the two figures from the 2018 issues ( Raptor was issue 1, which I picked up, Owen was issue 2, which I had no interest in ), but without most of the accesories. So yeah, also uninteresting for me.
Oh no

Halichoeres

As this seems to have been added to Brickset, I'll also add it to the first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Lego announced yesterday that an upcoming Ideas set will be this set of brick-built skeletons:

Front to back: Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops

It probably won't be out until 2020, but this seems like the right thread for the announcement.

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 22, 2019, 07:21:16 PM
Lego announced yesterday that an upcoming Ideas set will be this set of brick-built skeletons:

Front to back: Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops

It probably won't be out until 2020, but this seems like the right thread for the announcement.

It should be noted that the final versions will look different from these ones. LEGO always modifies the Ideas sets once they are approved.

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 22, 2019, 08:55:56 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 22, 2019, 07:21:16 PM

It should be noted that the final versions will look different from these ones. LEGO always modifies the Ideas sets once they are approved.

True! Hey, as long as they don't swap one of these out for a Ty***nosaurus, I'll be happy  ;D

suspsy

Deleted the Flickr images now that the set has been officially revealed.

Cretaceous Crab

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Probably gonna be at least $200 ish

suspsy

Quote from: LeviRawl on June 10, 2019, 12:43:27 PM
Yeah I saw that yesterday. Probably gonna be at least $200 ish

Yeah, probably. Also likely to be exclusive to LEGO stores and LEGO.com. I think it may even a record for the most brown pieces in a set.

Ceratopsianking

That set actually looks really cool,is this also the retail exclusive set

suspsy

Quote from: Ceratopsianking on June 10, 2019, 10:37:35 PM
That set actually looks really cool,is this also the retail exclusive set

It hasn't been officially announced yet, so no word on what stores will be stocking it. But again, it'll certainly be purchasable on LEGO.com or at LEGO store locations.

Very clever how the gateway houses scenes from the film. The toilet is a particularly wry touch.

Also note that the T. rex's ball-jointed arms allow for non-pronates wrists!  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: