News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinotoyforum's art

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2012, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

Maybe I can tackle it in 1/20 scale.

DinoToyForum

Paleogene Pals

Would people be interested? I think I'm doing a good job with my Barylambda, almost finished. I believe I have the chops to make an epic Rhomaleosaurus.

Meso-Cenozoic

Catching up on so many threads since I've been back. Nice additions, Dr. Adam! I have an older Wacom Tablet. I wonder if it might be compatible with my MacBook Pro, since my Mac is about 4 years old. (I know, ancient in the computer world!)

Dinomike

Only now found this thread. Must say you are an accomplished artist and researcher! Wonderful illustrations! Only now got myself a tablet for drawing. Will see how it goes!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoToyForum

I'm working on a new piece for Warwick Museum, an illustration of the basal tetanuran Cruxicheiros. It still needs some work but here it is so far: comments most welcome!

amargasaurus cazaui

Yay for more basal dinosaurs !!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 01, 2015, 12:29:28 PM
I'm working on a new piece for Warwick Museum, an illustration of the basal tetanuran Cruxicheiros. It still needs some work but here it is so far: comments most welcome!

Wow I checked the paper not much material to go on for this guy. I am always amazed how palaeontologists can piece together an animal from so little fossil material.
So looks good to me.
But I have to admit I am old school and I still prefer your original pencil sketches from plesiosauria.com. I find a pencil sketch has a more organic feel that the computer stuff, I know I am a dinosaur.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 01, 2015, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 01, 2015, 12:29:28 PM

Wow I checked the paper not much material to go on for this guy. I am always amazed how palaeontologists can piece together an animal from so little fossil material.
So looks good to me.
But I have to admit I am old school and I still prefer your original pencil sketches from plesiosauria.com. I find a pencil sketch has a more organic feel that the computer stuff, I know I am a dinosaur.

It's a scrappy fossil but I guess they are putting it on display! I've based it on Megalosaurus. I know what you mean about the pencil illustrations but the digital art is so much more convenient and allows one to be much more experimental. When I've finished this I'll share the various stages to show how easy it is to tweak and change as one goes along...

DinoToyForum

More recent version of the Cruxicheiros:

DinoToyForum

Yes another iteration of the Cruxicheiros!

triceratops83

Very cool! I like the second one the best, it's got nice detailing and the light reddish colour works well.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Kayakasaurus

I see you changed the shading, the only thing I would suggest is to define the small scales better now or decrease the visibility of the bigger scales. There is to big of a gab making the bigger outlined scales look like they are on a different layer. I hope I said that right  :P I think the middle one is my favorite, good job  :)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the comments!

Meso-Cenozoic

Nice job so far, Adam! I have never heard of a Cruxicheiros before. But from the other comments, it sounds like it's a bit new to most. Hehe! Looks like you're getting real comfortable now with your drawing board. Did you say you were using a Wacom tablet?

I also like the most recent reddish version with the tiny scaling details. The only thing I'm seeing that I question at all is the far right hand looks a bit pronated. I'm seeing more of the back of the hand when we should be seeing a little more of the inside of the palm? Could just be the way I'm interpreting it. Otherwise, it's a really nice clean piece! For me, I'd add a bit more skin folds/creases to some more of the joint areas. For example, the knee and toe areas look especially smooth right now. But it also just might be the type of art you're wanting to depict -- more graphic than realism. As is though, it's a really nice design and I'm happy to see a new work from you. I've always thought you were a very gifted artist. Good to see your talent being utilized again!

DinoToyForum

Someone got a tattoo of one of my artworks (without my permission). :o I'm not sure whether to be honoured or angry. ;D

https://imgur.com/R5if8b0

Simon

Well, you know the old saying about "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery" ... there's truth there ...  ;)

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 23, 2018, 06:27:12 PM
Someone got a tattoo of one of my artworks (without my permission). :o

Well, I guess this is what happens when you allow people to discuss bootlegged figures; the bootleggers 'bootleg' your artwork as tattoos  ^-^

tyrantqueen

He probably just found it through google and didn't bother to look up the original artist :-\

Patrx

You'd think someone with such an avid fascination with plesiosaurs as to have one tattooed on their own body would have come across plesiosauria.com at some point.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: