News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for the mention of avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur when showcasing the prehistoric animal collection.  We can confirm that we have had the YvY Irritator challengeri model tested and hold a report on this figure under the General Product Safety Directive.  The shipment containing this figure is scheduled to arrive at a UK port on the 22nd September, hopefully it will clear customs and Trading Standards inspection and be in stock at Everything Dinosaur about a week after unloading from the port.

As far as we are aware, we are the only company that has got this item tested.  We note the GR Toys Dicraeosaurus model in the pics too.  Sadly, we have been trying for months to get confirmation from Musee Studio that this figure does have a CE accreditation.  We know that this model has got CE mark on its belly, we are also aware of the copious product safety details including CE and American ASTMs but in the absence of any confirmation from the manufacturer we are unable to legally import any GR Toys.

Halichoeres

What an exciting package to open, so much good loot! The new Mojo Smilodon is larger than I'd have guessed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator thank you, you are correct the Dino Hazard Irritator is pretty unstable. I can get it to balance on its own for a short amount of time when the surface is at a slight lean backwards, if completely level, it will fall, if any other amount of lean, it will fall.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you also have a lovely collection.

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur good to know, depending on price, and after giving others a chance to get it first, I may get another Irritator just to get one from an official source, but it also depends on what else is released, what Safari Ltd & CollectA will release next year, what else PNSO has, which Beasts of the Mesozoic I will be getting and when the Eofauna Diplodocus appears etc..  on a side note, when you get the rest of the 2021 CollectA's in, will you also get any more old stock back in stock?

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thank you, it was honestly the highlight of my week. Would have been month if it wasn't for the holiday. The Mojo Smilodon is indeed impressively sized, which is why the Smilodon from Safari is in a box again, would have had the 2 like I did with Thylacines.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Everything_Dinosaur

We avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur are the only company that we know that carried out product testing on the Dino Hazard Irritator.  We have a legal obligation to try and look after our customers and ensure their safety.  We will be recommending that our customers secure the Dino Hazard Irritator to its base as it is not stable when on its base, our stock will contain a helpful explanatory note about this.  The reason why the model is unstable on the base is quite simple, the base and the lungfish figure were afterthoughts during the kickstarter project, the model and the base were not part of an integral product offering, the model was made first the base came later.  We have discussed with the manufacturer how future projects can avoid this problem and provided advice and guidance in a bid to support them.

Dino Hazard Irritator shipment was due to dock at Felixstowe port in the UK on 23rd September, we then have to have this cargo clear customs, Trading Standards checks (which we suspect will be difficult), then we have to get products unpacked and transported to our warehouse.  If all goes to plan, we might have Dino Hazard Irritator in our warehouse by the end of this month.

As for CollectA - a big shipment of models including the remainder of the new for 2021 and a lot of existing CollectA lines is scheduled for delivery to our warehouse next week.

Hope this helps.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 24, 2021, 12:39:22 AM
avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator thank you, you are correct the Dino Hazard Irritator is pretty unstable. I can get it to balance on its own for a short amount of time when the surface is at a slight lean backwards, if completely level, it will fall, if any other amount of lean, it will fall.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you also have a lovely collection.

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur good to know, depending on price, and after giving others a chance to get it first, I may get another Irritator just to get one from an official source, but it also depends on what else is released, what Safari Ltd & CollectA will release next year, what else PNSO has, which Beasts of the Mesozoic I will be getting and when the Eofauna Diplodocus appears etc..  on a side note, when you get the rest of the 2021 CollectA's in, will you also get any more old stock back in stock?

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thank you, it was honestly the highlight of my week. Would have been month if it wasn't for the holiday. The Mojo Smilodon is indeed impressively sized, which is why the Smilodon from Safari is in a box again, would have had the 2 like I did with Thylacines.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I opened the big beaut that is the IToy Paraceratherium, and have now removed all my Cenozoic animals from their display and split them into roughly 2 scales, with some allowances for similar animals to be split.
Well my Pleistocene shelf remains the same though.

You may notice the Saurian Field Guide under there...

And now for in new shelves, sadly daylight had gone by this point, so unnatural light happened:

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , the bison in the front row of the last picture, which species is it (latifrons, antiquus?) and is it a modification of a Bison bison or purchased as is? Don't see these too often.

need4swede

Love your collection! The variety in shapes and colors sure do make for an eye catching gallery. Thank you for sharing!
- Swede

Shonisaurus

What a nice collection of extinct mammals from the Mesozoic. Honestly, this is the golden age of prehistoric mammals. That paraceratherium is the best ever made from the Mesozoic along with the elasmotherium from Collecta and the basilosaurus from PNSO. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you eveyone
S @SidB it is Bison latifrons. It is a 3D printed animal from an eBay seller in the US which I painted. He has, or had, quite a few different animals.

Halichoeres

Very nice Cenozoic collection! The Paraceratherium is an absolute beast, definitely the nicest thing IToy has ever made.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Concavenator

That Paraceratherium is an impressive addition to your already splendid collection, congrats! I also noticed you have the Southlands Diprotodon, I really like that figure even though I'm not really into non dinosaurs.

And the Saurian Field Guide is a bigger book than I was expecting! I had already decided that I want to get it, looks very promising.

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 17, 2021, 12:53:31 PM
Thank you eveyone
S @SidB it is Bison latifrons. It is a 3D printed animal from an eBay seller in the US which I painted. He has, or had, quite a few different animals.
Thanks, I think that I know the source. Appreciated.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone,

Also posting my recent acquisitions here because I have a couple more photos to add.

Someone on Facebook wanted a close-up of the new Dilophosaurus and since I have the pics, thought I'd share on here too in case anyone is interested.

Oh, and as I said before I mainly bought the CollectA minis for the Oviraptor (which is now sitting next to the Wild Past Protoceratops, right in front of Chaunzi the Tarbosaurus) and the Guidraco (which is now sitting in front of the similarly scaled Perez the Machairoceratops with other 1:20 to 1:30 scale figures).
But I noticed after an inspection of the rest of the minis, that CollectA has finally produced a Mapusaurus which isn't too big to go no next to their Argenitosaurus:

Bread

Awesome haul, and that image of the mini Mapusaurus and Argentinosaurus, really tempts me to buy those minis.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, I emphasize again. That dilophosaurus is much prettier than I imagined. I can't wait to have those figures in my house. Collecta in this complicated year is by far the best classic company with new dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Halichoeres

Nice haul! Have you estimated the scale on the Guidraco? I was considering this set just for that one, but not if it's too similar in size to the PNSO version.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I worked it out as roughly 1:18 scale, its slightly bigger than the PNSO Mini, but decided it was close enough to 1:20 to count. If it were a larger animal I wouldn't do that though.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 24, 2021, 11:53:59 PM
Thank you everyone
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I worked it out as roughly 1:18 scale, its slightly bigger than the PNSO Mini, but decided it was close enough to 1:20 to count. If it were a larger animal I wouldn't do that though.

Thank you!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh lawd here comes bug chungus:

with PNSO Torvosaurus for scale

And, aside from my smaller Safari Ltd Apatosaurus, CollectA Brontosaurus & "Saurophaganax", and larger Sophies Stegosaurus from Safari Ltd, here is my Morrosion Formation lot as it stands. I'm trying to find a way to keep this Diplodocus and the Eofauna, could they be different species? I'd rather have 2 Diplodocus than keep the PNSO Mamenchisaurus anyway.

SidB

That old Schleich Apato is a brute, for sure. I'd be slow to ditch the Carnegie Diplodocus - I'm willing to bet that it will be worth a bundle someday. One of the very best of Forest Rogers' creations, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: