News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on February 09, 2014, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 09, 2014, 08:25:15 AM
Wow, Roselaar, that was quick! I just wanted to add Protochirotherium when I saw you have already done this a week ago. That means your list is highly up-to-date and useful for every collector!

Yeah, I tend to update it immediately whenever a new species pops up. Why wait until tomorrow with what you can do today? :)

I just hope fellow forum members don't take offense of my using their pics. But if they do, they can always PM me, or ask for credit where it is due.

For me this is no problem. If I can help anyone, I´m with it!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 13, 2014, 10:22:42 PM
For me this is no problem. If I can help anyone, I´m with it!

:-*

Exit Gomphotherium too. Blame Primaeval Designs.

amargasaurus cazaui

I did not see either species listed, but I am on a hunt for models or replicas of Probactosaurus or Bactrosaurus either one. Is anyone aware of any model, replica or toy for either of these dinosaurs?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 12, 2014, 01:37:01 PM
I did not see either species listed, but I am on a hunt for models or replicas of Probactosaurus or Bactrosaurus either one. Is anyone aware of any model, replica or toy for either of these dinosaurs?

I don't know about Probactrosaurus, but there is a Bactrosaurus figure made by Danone (which was listed in the List, actually). Here it is:

Cute, but not the most accurate interpretation.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2014, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 12, 2014, 01:37:01 PM

I don't know about Probactrosaurus, but there is a Bactrosaurus figure made by Danone (which was listed in the List, actually). Here it is:

Cute, but not the most accurate interpretation.
I must have missed the little guy in the list somehow. He is a cute sculpt, but as you said, not that accurate sadly.Thanks for point him out for me.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

This figure was a Jurassic Park toys line that you could buy with Danone products in Spain. I have some figures like this  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: Jetoar on April 12, 2014, 10:10:21 PM
This figure was a Jurassic Park toys line that you could buy with Danone products in Spain. I have some figures like this  ^-^.

Any other unique or rare species among them?

Zhuchengotyrant

Hello!
Actually, David Krentz is not the only one to make a Bistahieversor. CollectA is making one, too. It is coming out in May? Or maybe June? Not sure. Well there it is. ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Roselaar

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 18, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
Hello!
Actually, David Krentz is not the only one to make a Bistahieversor. CollectA is making one, too. It is coming out in May? Or maybe June? Not sure. Well there it is. ;)

Exactly, I already kicked that one off the list, with sorrow in my heart. :)

Protosuchus is going too, I just read in another thread there's at least two of those.

Roselaar

Added DeAgostini's Pelecanimimus and Indosuchus, and updated Collecta's Ichthyovenator to reflect the final model released. Thanks to Chad for supplying my with pics of the DeAgostinis. ;)

I also deleted the list from this thread, to save me bandwidth issues. The full list can now be found only in its own thread. I didn't think having two lists simultaneously was really necessary.

Roselaar

Olorotitan is unique no more.

BTW, there's still no official name for the Tamba Sauropod, right? I'd like to add Favorite's recent figure, but I prefer to do it under an actual name.

Concavenator

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on May 28, 2014, 03:39:56 PM

BTW, there's still no official name for the Tamba Sauropod, right? I'd like to add Favorite's recent figure, but I prefer to do it under an actual name.
they are referring to it as the Tamba Dragon so far, and are still excavating it. that means it will be awhile before it is all prepped, studied and given a really hard to pronounce name

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 28, 2014, 03:39:56 PM

they are referring to it as the Tamba Dragon so far, and are still excavating it. that means it will be awhile before it is all prepped, studied and given a really hard to pronounce name

Thanks. It seems patience is in order then. I guess I had better add it under Tamba Sauropod.

Bistahieversor is not unique, but it wasn't in the list anymore. The first post of this thread has been edited, the part of the list you saw there was outdated (I forgot it was still there). The actual list you can find stickied on its own was last updated today. ;)

SBell

I have a few pictures of animals that aren't available on your list.

Yowies Liasis

Starlux Titanotylopus (Gigantocamelus)

Starlux Eurhinosaurus

S.H. Scaphognathus

EDIT--a few others:

Yowies Pelagornis

Fevres Hipparion

And I didn't notice if the other Fevres I have are applicable--Pistosaurus, Samotherium, Peloneustes, Myllokunmingia and Ptilodus (I think that last one is not unique, but I could be wrong).

EDIT AGAIN--I just noticed that some are there--but my pictures are much clearer! ;)

Also, you may want a mod to clean up the list thread--there are posts on there now of course.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

Thanks for all the pics, Sbell! I hope to find time to upload them this week. If you have any beter pics of the other Fevres (or any other figures for that matter), don't hesitate to share them. ;)

Any mod out there who can scrap that post from the list proper?

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 09, 2014, 08:47:56 PM
Thanks for all the pics, Sbell! I hope to find time to upload them this week. If you have any beter pics of the other Fevres (or any other figures for that matter), don't hesitate to share them. ;)

Any mod out there who can scrap that post from the list proper?

No problem. I will get them up soon.

And I think the list has been cleaned up now.  EDIT--check that, nope, still an extra post

Roselaar

Added your pictures to the list, Sbell. Thanks again! :)

Also finally added the Tamba Sauropod.

Hynerpeton

Just got my Protochirotherium in the mail. Its so wonderful!!! :D looks bigger in person too. Really love it.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: