News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Dacentrurus is out. Blame Battat. ;)

I assume Nanshiungosaurus can take its place? Or did someone make a figure out of that one I don't know about?

Roselaar

Went ahead and added Battat's Nanshiungosaurus. I used Gwangi's picture, it was the finest. Hope you don't mind, Gwangi. :)

Roselaar

Roselaar

So, is this Garudimimus part of a specific line, or simply a random but inspired Chinasaur?

And out of curiosity, what is the figure in front of it supposed to be?

stoneage

Quote from: Roselaar on September 23, 2014, 10:37:07 PM
So, is this Garudimimus part of a specific line, or simply a random but inspired Chinasaur?

And out of curiosity, what is the figure in front of it supposed to be?

The figure in front is suppose to be Psittacosaurus.

Roselaar

Okay, thanks. Are those two part of the same line?

DC

Garudamimus was part of a set of molds made by the Castings company in Washington State.  They had a brief time a decade ago when the lead figures were common on EBay.  Castings sells molds rather than figures.   Mostly they do military molds.  I have the mold and did cast a few figures.  The other figures are all common T rex, Pteranondon etc. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DC

Quote from: Roselaar on September 24, 2014, 12:01:53 AM
Okay, thanks. Are those two part of the same line?

No the psittacosaur is Starlux.

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on September 24, 2014, 07:05:58 PM
Garudamimus was part of a set of molds made by the Castings company in Washington State.  They had a brief time a decade ago when the lead figures were common on EBay.  Castings sells molds rather than figures.   Mostly they do military molds.  I have the mold and did cast a few figures.  The other figures are all common T rex, Pteranondon etc.

Thanks for the info. I'll add Garudimimus to the list ASAP.  :)

Manatee

There are an Isisaurus and Dicraeosaurus at Shapeways by user RareBreed.

tyrantqueen

Shane Foulkes has a Dicraeosaurus kit (which I still need to get off my butt and buy >:D)

Manatee

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 21, 2014, 10:00:35 PM
Shane Foulkes has a Dicraeosaurus kit (which I still need to get off my butt and buy >:D)

Alright, then never mind about Dicraeosaurus. There's still Isisaurus, though!

Roselaar

Isisaurus has also been done by Sega's Dinosaur King line, though under the disputable, generic name Titanosaurus. The design is pretty much unmistakable though.

Roselaar

Roselaar

Roselaar

DC

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on March 04, 2015, 03:53:01 PM
Brachauchenius  by silver Dolphin
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/cret_sea.html

Was on the list, until it got debunked. I read there was another toy in Dinosaur Collectibles, I just don't remember the company that produced the other one.

SBell

Quote from: DC on March 04, 2015, 03:53:01 PM
Brachauchenius  by silver Dolphin
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/cret_sea.html

I thought the Brachauchenius I have, that looks the same, is from the Innovative Kids-Groovy Toob book "Gone Extinct". Unless they're related to the Silver Dolphin company somehow.

DC

Silver Dolphin the book company makes the Groovy tubes.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: