News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 03, 2018, 02:14:05 PM
Yeah, those two and the last three BotM taxa: Acheroraptor, Adasaurus, and Tsaagan.

Added all. Guess whose pictures I used for the BotMs? Mwhahah!  ;D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Added the Vitae Chilantaisaurus, Zhejiangopterus and Zhejiangosaurus. Halichoeres, thanks for the pics.  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on September 12, 2018, 05:48:26 PM
Added the Vitae Chilantaisaurus, Zhejiangopterus and Zhejiangosaurus. Halichoeres, thanks for the pics.  ;)

Hey, anytime! Just to be clear, the Zhejiangopterus isn't unique, although the Zhejiangosaurus is. Takara Tomy made the former for the Dinosaur Train line:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

Now that PNSO has released all of their minis on Amazon, and people are slowly beginning to post photos of them, should the list be updated to consider them?

If so, then as far as I can gather, Xenoceratops, Guidraco, Atopodentatus, Indosuchus, Mei and Dakosaurus can be removed. I'm less certain in this regard, but I also think Keichousaurus, Liaoceratops, Tianyulong, Ectenosaurus and Spinops can be added.

Roselaar

Yikes, there's a lot of work to be done then! Thanks a lot, PNSO. No really, thank you. :)

Roselaar

Finally had time for an update. Added:

Schleich Animantarx
PNSO Ectenosaurus
PNSO Keichousaurus
PNSO Liaoceratops
PNSO Spinops
PNSO Tianyulong

Removed:

Vitae Zhejiangopterus
Collecta Guidraco
Collecta Xenoceratops
DeAgostini Indosuchus
Safari Dakosaurus
Paleo-Creatures Atopodentatus
Mei Long

Anything I missed?

Roselaar

Prestosuchus... Had this species been done before?

Shonisaurus

By the way, can Safari 2019's citipati be a unique species or has it been cited before?

Roselaar

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 22, 2019, 10:41:12 PM
By the way, can Safari 2019's citipati be a unique species or has it been cited before?

Citipati has been done at least once by the Japanese Kanna toy line, so far as I know. More often than that, I think, but I can't cite any other examples from the top of my head.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on February 22, 2019, 09:39:26 PM

This is the only one I'm aware of.

Quote from: Roselaar on February 23, 2019, 11:15:57 AM

Citipati has been done at least once by the Japanese Kanna toy line, so far as I know. More often than that, I think, but I can't cite any other examples from the top of my head.

Kanna has made at least 3 versions of Citipati, but I think they're the only ones, unless you count the misidentified Oviraptor figures made by most companies.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 26, 2019, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 22, 2019, 09:39:26 PM

This is the only one I'm aware of.

Quote from: Roselaar on February 23, 2019, 11:15:57 AM

Kanna has made at least 3 versions of Citipati, but I think they're the only ones, unless you count the misidentified Oviraptor figures made by most companies.

Well, 3 different Kanna figures and a safari specimen rule it out for the USL. But I'll add Presto straight away.;)

Roselaar

Ravonium

Spinops can be removed now; PNSO has made a larger figure of it.

Roselaar

Concavenator

Shouldn't Safari's Malawisaurus and Eofauna's Atlasaurus join the list? I don't recall any other figure of those two  ???

Also, the Eurhinosaurusshould be removed. This year PNSO released their version.

Roselaar

Quote from: Concavenator on October 14, 2019, 12:04:25 AM
Shouldn't Safari's Malawisaurus and Eofauna's Atlasaurus join the list? I don't recall any other figure of those two  ???

Also, the Eurhinosaurusshould be removed. This year PNSO released their version.

Thanks for Eurhinosaurus.  ;)

Malawisaurus was on the list, but was then removed, if I recall. You'll probably find out why if you scroll back a few pages, wasn't that long ago.

Atlasaurus... Not sure. Anyone?

Halichoeres

Hirokazu Tokugawa made a resin sculpture of Malawisaurus some years back. There are surely not many copies, but technically there was another version of the animal available.

Ravonium

Quote from: Roselaar on October 17, 2019, 10:17:27 PM
Atlasaurus... Not sure. Anyone?

I'm not aware of any other figures/models of it, and if it's worth anything, it seemed like a noticeable proportion of this community hadn't heard of Atlasaurus until EoFauna revealed their figure of it.

EDIT: Moving onto another topic, the only change I think the BotM Ceratopsian Series* makes to this list is that it removes Avaceratops. It might also add Albertaceratops, though as it didn't get unlocked, it's doubtful whether it will be released in the foreseeable future, if ever.

*I'm aware that nothing from that line's been released yet, but I don't think anyone's received the EoFauna Atlasaurus yet either and the only seller that had it doesn't have it anymore.

Halichoeres

I think it also removes Medusaceratops, and possibly Wendiceratops if that's unlocked during the time the BackerKit surveys are live. I think last time the raptors were added to the USL at the time they started shipping, for whatever it's worth.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: