You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbear

I was just browsing the new models for 2020 section of the forum and came across this little gem! How do I buy some, please? If you are in Germany, then I'd like to get them before the dreaded Brexit cuts the UK off from the rest of the world, please!

Takama

the model is not yet avalible to anyone yet.

However, i just noticed its up for preorder on Dans Dinosaurs today.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/protoceratops-by-wild-past/

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Takama on January 06, 2020, 01:16:37 AM
the model is not yet avalible to anyone yet.

However, i just noticed its up for preorder on Dans Dinosaurs today.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/protoceratops-by-wild-past/

Ooh, that's cool to see! I guess they worked something out after all?

Shonisaurus

By the way it will be sold to an online store in Europe member of the EU? I comment because if I encourage you to buy it I do not want customs taxes or indefinite withholding by the tax agency. All products that cost more than 22 euros and that are purchased outside the European Union are imposed on customs and tariffs, so it is more expensive to buy the dog's tie than the purchase of the animal for putting a metaphor.

stegosauria

Dinotoycollector is from Germany so I think he will ship from there.

Shonisaurus

S @stegosauria Well, I will buy it from that German company sincerely, I have never had any complaints with German suppliers, they are very thorough and very attentive. So are everythingdinosaur but unfortunately Britain is going to separate with the customs tax effects that would be imposed on us by customs and tariff services, if we buy from that store.

Thanks for the info!

DinoToyCollector

As S @stegosauria noted I am going to sell these items from Germany (via ebay). I'm setting up the product page and the shipping requirements right now and the figures should be ready end of next week. I've worked out some conditions with Dans Dinosaurs to keep the shipping costs low for customers in the USA (else shipping would be much higher in pricing than the actual figure). I'm glad we found a solution here :)
I'm still trying to find an additional way, but shipping within the EU will not be that high due to some fascinating new international shipping offer I discovered today.

Shonisaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 31, 2019, 10:30:42 AM
The final result of this journey is a Protoceratops toy made in soft plastic, hand painted, totally made in Germany (is this worth mentioning?). It is confirm with CE standard and made of 30-40% of recycled plastics .
I want to thank avatar_Patrx @Patrx , avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 , avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod & avatar_acro-man @acro-man for all the advices they gave me when I showed the first pictures of the digital model. This way the figure looks very believable in terms of being a representation of a real animal. Of course the support and interest in this figures from all the other members joining this thread was very encouraging. Thank you.

I think it is definitely worth mentioning that they are made in Germany. I am uncomfortable with the fact that so many of my figures are made in a country with weaker labor laws and no trade unions. So to me, made in Germany is a selling point.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 14, 2020, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 31, 2019, 10:30:42 AM
The final result of this journey is a Protoceratops toy made in soft plastic, hand painted, totally made in Germany (is this worth mentioning?). It is confirm with CE standard and made of 30-40% of recycled plastics .
I think it is definitely worth mentioning that they are made in Germany. I am uncomfortable with the fact that so many of my figures are made in a country with weaker labor laws and no trade unions. So to me, made in Germany is a selling point.

Seconded. The fact that it's made from quality recycled plastics is also another selling point.

On another note, if this line becomes more mature, I wonder collaborating with a German natural history museum would be a good idea. Especially since there's German dinosaurs in the "Wild Past" lineup.

DinoToyCollector

The supplier told me they get less and less assignments every year because there's always a cheaper alternative ready in China. In fact they are the only supplier in Germany able to do a figure entirely (designing, tooling, painting...) besides from factories belonging directly to companies. They haven't done a figure like mine before and maybe I can expand collaboration and work more closely with them in future resulting in better models (the agent I had for this was a real let down and affected the Protoceratops and its production only in a bad way).
The owner of the supplier was very kind and we agreed on many things. We've learned from each other and he even offered me a job in a subtle way  ;D Right now, they can withstand the pricing and we are discussing on what is possible for them to make the figures as I want them.

I'm happy about the recycled plastics although I didn't knew about it for a very very long time (yes, the agent...) I wanted to produce it in Germany because production standards in the EU are very high regarding working conditions, material controls and safety. Also there was no reason for me shipping the figures around the globe several times when I could do it in Germany

Quote from: Flaffy on January 14, 2020, 01:41:16 PM
On another note, if this line becomes more mature, I wonder collaborating with a German natural history museum would be a good idea. Especially since there's German dinosaurs in the "Wild Past" lineup.
You have great ideas and even bigger plans than me at the moment :))

Dinoxels

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Do you have any idea when these will start shipping?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 14, 2020, 08:57:30 PM
The supplier told me they get less and less assignments every year because there's always a cheaper alternative ready in China. In fact they are the only supplier in Germany able to do a figure entirely (designing, tooling, painting...) besides from factories belonging directly to companies. They haven't done a figure like mine before and maybe I can expand collaboration and work more closely with them in future resulting in better models (the agent I had for this was a real let down and affected the Protoceratops and its production only in a bad way).
The owner of the supplier was very kind and we agreed on many things. We've learned from each other and he even offered me a job in a subtle way  ;D Right now, they can withstand the pricing and we are discussing on what is possible for them to make the figures as I want them.

I'm happy about the recycled plastics although I didn't knew about it for a very very long time (yes, the agent...) I wanted to produce it in Germany because production standards in the EU are very high regarding working conditions, material controls and safety. Also there was no reason for me shipping the figures around the globe several times when I could do it in Germany

This makes me happy! I'm glad I already decided to support this!  ;D

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, does being made from recycled plastic affect the figure's quality?

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 14, 2020, 11:30:48 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Do you have any idea when these will start shipping?
Do you mean shipping to Dan's Dinosaurs? They will arrive in February. If you are in the EU you can order them from me. A lot of packages have been sent out this week.

Quote from: Sim on January 17, 2020, 02:59:06 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, does being made from recycled plastic affect the figure's quality?
What do you exactly mean by qualitiy of the figure? The "recycled PVC" is like normal PVC. There are two major ways of recycling PVC 1. Directly reusing extra material which is cut and not used for the actual item. 2. Reusing the PVC from "post consumer" product. With the help of solvent PVC can be isolated from mixed materials which contain PVC. In both scenarios you'll get normal PVC. Quality of the PVC depends on what else is in there. Do you want a harder or softer product? Is colour a measurable size? Are there chemicals hurting children? There are a lot of factors that have an influence on quality. It really depends on your expactations.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, thanks for your reply.  I was wondering whether recycled plastic would be safe.  From what you've said it sounds like the recycled plastic will be like normal plastic.

Flaffy

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector By the way, when will you start marketing more Wild Past figures? I love the miniature of protoceratops.

On the other hand, do you plan on making dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with a much larger size?

The Wild Past protoceratops with nest is great and awesome. I congratulate you for your exceptional work.

Concavenator

I hope to see more from this line as well  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: