News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on March 30, 2020, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on March 30, 2020, 06:53:45 PM
Altough I know SOME people will dissaprove of this, but after all these figures, can you make a giganotosaurus or a erythosuchus.
One of those "SOME people" here, I'd much rather see an Erythosuchus than another Giganotosaurus. After all, he has said he's focusing on more obscure species.
Yeah i was referencing you, I know how you dislike giganotosaurus

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on March 30, 2020, 10:48:44 PM
Altough I know SOME people will dissaprove of this, but after all these figures, can you make a giganotosaurus or a erythosuchus.
One of those "SOME people" here, I'd much rather see an Erythosuchus than another Giganotosaurus. After all, he has said he's focusing on more obscure species.

I don't dislike Giganotosaurus at all. If I did, I wouldn't own one.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on March 31, 2020, 12:32:50 AM

Honestly from Wild Past I don't care that the species is not an obscure figure. I plan to buy in my case the entire Wild Past collection even if it is a giganotosaurus. I like the Wild Past brand.

Stegotyranno420

Oh, because i thought you dislike large theropods like giganotosaurus. Sorry about that avatar_Loon @Loon

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on March 31, 2020, 03:51:11 AM

Oh, because i thought you dislike large theropods like giganotosaurus. Sorry about that avatar_Loon @Loon
No worries, I'm sure I come off that way. I just don't find them terribly interesting. Anyway, back on topic.

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno
Maybe I can join this discussion about the Giganotosaurus. I personally think like avatar_Loon @Loon about  this very animal. There are already so many good representations of this animal that I don't feel the need of doing one in the near future. But I thought that about Tyrannosaurus for a very long time, too: "Oh yes, another T-rex, how exciting.  ::)..." I was so annoyed by the offer on the market that I didn't want to see the animal as such any more. But one day I saw such an impressive model of avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1  that I had to change my opinion. He made it to look majestic, fascinating and real. I was so amazed that I had to completely change my opinion on this beauty of nature (no we are not doing a Tyrannosaurus soon). I think this incredibly huge range of tyrannosaur figures means that you can no longer appreciate the animal. That's maybe why I want to give a little more spotlight to other fascinating creatures. That could also be the reason, avatar_Takama @Takama  , that an Apatosaurus may not be implemented immediately and that other sauropods may see the world of toys before. But you never know.
And I would like to add the following: just because I currently prefer rather unknown animals does not mean that we will only do underdogs. A protoceratops, for example, is anything but obscure  ;)

avatar_Loon @Loon once more: Alcione in 1:35 will not have a standing pose. The model serves more as a template for a Barbaridactylus, but you'll see this in very near future. Why showing it then? Well, it will appear the one way or other ;-)

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I saw on Facebook that you will use the Alcione model to start another pterosaur as well.  Could you consider doing the same thing for some troodontids?  I would love to have both Saurornithoides mongoliensis and Zanabazar junior.  Troodontids are so rare in toy form, it would be great to have more than one.  But even just one would make me very happy.  Currently what I'd most like from Wild Past is Velociraptor, Zanabazar and Saurornithoides.  Saurornithoides could go well with Velociraptor and Protoceratops as all three lived in the same environment.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector would you consider producing in the future models (in 1:35 scale of course, as it's been so far) of bigger dinosaurs? Like a 1:35 Daspletosaurus or Shantungosaurus?

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2020, 06:20:05 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I saw on Facebook that you will use the Alcione model to start another pterosaur as well.  Could you consider doing the same thing for some troodontids?  I would love to have both Saurornithoides mongoliensis and Zanabazar junior.  Troodontids are so rare in toy form, it would be great to have more than one.  But even just one would make me very happy.  Currently what I'd most like from Wild Past is Velociraptor, Zanabazar and Saurornithoides.  Saurornithoides could go well with Velociraptor and Protoceratops as all three lived in the same environment.
I'm personally tired of Velociraptor figures. There's the Safari 2017 version and the Carnegie version, which are both really good. And Deinonychus has got a good figure now (the Safari one). And Microraptor has good representation as well. I love dromaeosaurids, they are some of my favorite dinosaurs, but I would welcome some diversity. What about a Zhenyuanlong, Buitreraptor, Austroraptor... ?  ::)

Sim

The Carnegie Collection Velociraptor gets the wing feathering wrong so I don't consider it a good Velociraptor figure.  The Wild Safari version is very good but suffers a bit from sloppy paint application.  Plus it's big, I'd like to have a 1:35 scale Velociraptor.  Perhaps avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector could make both Velociraptor and another dromaeosaurid.

Martwad

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , we all have our wish lists of what we would like to see you make, but I'm also very aware of how miserable a hobby can become when it is no longer done for yourself.  You produce anything and everything that you want, and know that you have the full support of everyone here on DTF.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on March 29, 2020, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: Loon on March 29, 2020, 11:08:53 AM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector It looks good to me so far. Though, when it comes to pterosaur anatomy, I'm probably just as unaware as you. Showing my unawareness again, is it a female Pteranodon?
This is no Pteranodon. I still like to pick obscure species so this is an Alcione. Pretty small - they always look so big on these pictures  ???

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus
;)

That's cool! It was one of several recently discovered species that proved that pterosaurs were not limited exclusively to Azhdarchids at the End Cretaceous.
It may not be a Pteranodon, though the original guess wasn't a million miles off, as it's a nyctosaur, which is a type of pteranodontid!

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Sim @Sim & avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
I like your enthusiasm. Before you express many wishes, I would like to point out that we have to reach our next milestone first: the releaseof the Majungasaurus and the Tethyshadros.
Dromaeosaurs are interesting, precisely because they hardly exist on a 1:35 scale. But they are also very difficult to realize in this small size (minimum thickness of body parts!). I already have ideas on how this can work and I'm thinking of CollectA's Hypsilophodon family in an improved way.

Spoiler
[close]

But again: We have ideas and people made a lot of good suggestions. The only thing we need is time, patience and money. Talent is the ressource that Wild Past already has enough  ;)

Quote from: Martwad on March 31, 2020, 07:18:34 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , we all have our wish lists of what we would like to see you make, but I'm also very aware of how miserable a hobby can become when it is no longer done for yourself.  You produce anything and everything that you want, and know that you have the full support of everyone here on DTF.

You are right avatar_Martwad @Martwad . I consider this a part time hobby. I'm actually happy that there are people who express their wishes. In fact, our work is also now public and we will have to accept a lot of criticism. Criticism that will hopefully move us forward. Since I'm a collector of dinosaurs myself, I also know roughly what we (collectors) want ;-) I think at some point there will also be a poll where fans can comment on what animals they want. In this way, the community can be involved a little more. It will be impossible to fulfill all wishes, that has to be remembered.

DinoToyCollector

Here is a short time lapse of how I posed the Alcione. Never done this kind of stuff before, so please be gentle. Just thought somebody would enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/7tQOyuhDd9E

Loon

Looks good to me. If the software is anything like the modeling software we used in my high school animation class, it must be very hard to get the model looking that good.

Also, is the pose at the end of the video the final pose?

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I hope that Wild Past dromaeosaurids won't be attached to a base!

Shonisaurus

I would like the alcione with that base looks spectacular.

ceratopsian

I have always liked CollectA's brief experiment with the "family" concept for tiny animals. I enjoy seeing several of the same taxon together in different poses because it gives the illusion of something closer to the natural world. I would welcome something on those lines. Normally the only time we get to see more than one animal is in the rather cliched predator/prey concept.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Loon on April 01, 2020, 07:48:52 AM
Also, is the pose at the end of the video the final pose?
Yes, I need to keep it very simply because it is so tiny in 1:35

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 01, 2020, 03:45:41 PM
Normally the only time we get to see more than one animal is in the rather cliched predator/prey concept.

::) O:-)

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector That Moroccan pterosaur with that base is going to look great. My congratulations. You have a secure buyer from me. Reserve me an alcione when you market it.

Loon

No I'm super excited for the little guy, a pterosaur taking off would definitely be a neat figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: