You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna figures questionnaire (Collector wishes)

Started by Eofauna, April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on July 26, 2021, 12:04:07 PM
I see, I hadn't noticed that post was from 2020, although I guess you were past your dislike for Tyrannosaurus as it's one of the species you requested.
my logic at the time was that tyrannosaurus would make eofauna a lot of money

though looking back now we don't really have any accurate tyrannosaurus figures on the market. Hope fully Rebor's "Kiss" will fix that
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2021, 11:55:28 PM

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 10, 2021, 12:05:16 AM
Cone to think of it, has there ever been a Dryptosaurus figure?

There was one in the Transmutazors series.  It was blue and I had it when I was little.

Frankly, I just find it shocking that Dryptosaurus figures have been so scarce over the years; I'd think there would at least be a few figures imitating the famous Charles R. Knight painting.

suspsy

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 26, 2021, 06:17:27 PM

Frankly, I just find it shocking that Dryptosaurus figures have been so scarce over the years; I'd think there would at least be a few figures imitating the famous Charles R. Knight painting.

Perhaps once the BotM version is released next year sometime, it'll prompt other companies to make Dryptosaurus toys. I'd definitely buy a CollectA or Safari or PNSO one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna What were some of the highest requested species on the questionaire?

Darko2300

Has Eofauna ever said anything about their varying scales? (Some of the models are 1/35, and others are 1/40) I kinda wish they'd just pick one and stick with it.

Concavenator

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 05, 2022, 05:49:30 PM
avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna What were some of the highest requested species on the questionaire?

I doubt they would answer that. But I'm pretty sure one of the most requested was Tyrannosaurus, and now we know they will be releasing one.

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 08, 2022, 12:02:18 AM
Has Eofauna ever said anything about their varying scales? (Some of the models are 1/35, and others are 1/40) I kinda wish they'd just pick one and stick with it.

IIRC, 1:40 is only for the sauropods.

GojiraGuy1954

The Sauropods, Steppe Mammoth & Palaeoloxodon use 1:40 scale. The rest are 1:35.

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 08, 2022, 03:17:14 PM
The Sauropods, Steppe Mammoth & Palaeoloxodon use 1:40 scale. The rest are 1:35.

Close, the Palaeoloxodon is 1:35 scale.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2022, 06:06:38 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 08, 2022, 03:17:14 PM

Close, the Palaeoloxodon is 1:35 scale.
I thought P. antiquus was meant to be the largest mammal ever? Why would it be at a larger scale than the Steppe Mammoth?

Sim

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, it's Palaeoloxodon namadicus that is thought to possibly be the largest land mammal.  As for why Eofauna's P. antiquus is in a larger scale than their steppe mammoth, it's because Eofauna decided to change the scale of their proboscideans to 1:35 after the steppe mammoth.  That's what they said.

JohannesB

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2022, 07:01:42 PM
avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, it's Palaeoloxodon namadicus that is thought to possibly be the largest land mammal.  As for why Eofauna's P. antiquus is in a larger scale than their steppe mammoth, it's because Eofauna decided to change the scale of their proboscideans to 1:35 after the steppe mammoth.  That's what they said.

It could benefit the detailing on the models, and therefore their realism, I guess.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on May 08, 2022, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2022, 07:01:42 PM

It could benefit the detailing on the models, and therefore their realism, I guess.
A logical assumption, doubtless. I wish that my steppe mammoth had been done in 1/35 scale to match the other Eofauna proboscidians. I'd appreciate it if they were to do a successor in 1/35 scale, but I'd imagine that there would be a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening!

Fembrogon

I recall Eofauna saying that their Steppe was scaled based on the very largest specimens known from the genus; so hypothetically it could still work in 1:35 for a more modestly sized individual.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 09, 2022, 01:13:14 AM
I recall Eofauna saying that their Steppe was scaled based on the very largest specimens known from the genus; so hypothetically it could still work in 1:35 for a more modestly sized individual.
True, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , that's my approach to displaying it with my 1/35's. When I want to employ it as a 1/40, then I place it with my 1/40 and 1/45 cenozic mammals, not that there are that many of the 1/35 -1/45 range available though.

Concavenator

Deleted, wrong thread.

Concavenator

If any of you were wondering if this questionnaire is or not useful to Eofauna...it is.

I'm a member in Paleofiguras group, and Rubén Molina is there as well. He mentioned the Giganotosaurus, Triceratops and Mammuthus were very requested in the questionnaire, apparently they released those in response to fans' requests (and no confirmation on this, but it would seem logical that their upcoming Tyrannosaurus was very requested as well). He also mentioned the Atlasaurus and the Konobelodon were their ideas and that they were risky choices. And that they released the Diplodocus because they already had the model for their study.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2022, 11:58:46 PMIf any of you were wondering if this questionnaire is or not useful to Eofauna...it is.

I'm a member in Paleofiguras group, and Rubén Molina is there as well. He mentioned the Giganotosaurus, Triceratops and Mammuthus were very requested in the questionnaire, apparently they released those in response to fans' requests (and no confirmation on this, but it would seem logical that their upcoming Tyrannosaurus was very requested as well). He also mentioned the Atlasaurus and the Konobelodon were their ideas and that they were risky choices. And that they released the Diplodocus because they already had the model for their study.
Truthfully, I find this a remarkable post and very encouraging as I  typically look on these questionnaires as an exercise only of marginal interest, being pretty cynical as to their being seen by and of interest to representatives of companies. This revelation of yours is very positive and, of course, hopeful for our influence on future releases. Thank you for your post.

Fembrogon

Thanks for sharing! I concur this is valuable information. It's good to know for sure that Eofauna takes its customer base seriously, while also being willing to take some risks. Hopefully they can continue to maintain this balance; I don't imagine Atlasaurus would ever have won a customer poll, but everyone loves that model!

Concavenator

Not only do they pay attention to their questionnaire, but also suggestions here in the forum or anywhere else. Rubén Molina's comments about what I mentioned were from last week, but back around february I contacted them because I had several questions like when would the Diplodocus be available and such. I also asked them if they consider our forum's suggestions and fans'desires (basically to see if the Eofauna Hopes & Dreams threads here are useful or not), and told me that yes, that they were open to suggestions and that they're keeping an eye out.

Considering they've only released 8 figures so far, and that 3 of them were released because of fans' requests, relatively speaking, it means they pay a lot of attention to fans' requests. There's also the upcoming Tyrannosaurus (which obviously was requested). All things considered, this means they're probably one of the companies that pay the most attention when it comes to peoples' desires, which becomes even more clear as their releases are very scarce. So don't hesitate in letting them know what you would be interested in!

However, I still encourage all of you to fill the questionnaire rather than posting your wants here on the forum, as it's more direct and it ensures visibility. They don't appear to be very active on social media, so fulfilling the questionnaire would probably be more useful. Also worth mentioning that, unlike other companies, they aren't entirely focused on producing figures, they are also involved in research and publication of scientific material.

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2022, 11:58:46 PMIf any of you were wondering if this questionnaire is or not useful to Eofauna...it is.

I'm surprised Giganotosaurus, Triceratops and Mammuthus were requested a lot as they all already had good model versions.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: