You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New genus Remigiomontanus, and other European edaphosaurids

Started by Halichoeres, July 14, 2019, 04:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This paper describes a new type of edaphosaurid Remigiomontanus robustus, and reviews other European members of the family. Edaphosaurus itself is one of the most complete and probably the largest.

Here's a comparison graphic (Remigiomontanus in green)

Paper (paywall): https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12542-019-00453-2
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Logo7

This paper actually describes two new genera of edaphosaurids. Along with Remigiomontanus, it also provides a new genus name for Naosaurus/Edaphosaurus/Ianthosaurus mirabilis, with the species being given the new genus name Bohemiclavulus. Bohemiclavulus is also in green on the image you provided, along with "Edaphosaurus" credneri, which this paper suggests is a juvenile of an indeterminate species of Edaphosaurus.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.