News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Visual Guide to Scale Model Dinosaurs

Started by tyrantqueen, September 08, 2012, 10:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Completely by accident I discovered the fellow has VERY close ties with Gregory Paul , enough he designed his site for him and sells his items on Zazzle. Something in the behavior kind of felt like some of Greg's from awhile back..just a hypothesis now...but it  made me wonder if the two guys are one in the same ?

DinoToyForum

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wondered whether any forum members ever did manage to get their hands on a copy of this volume?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 06, 2014, 11:55:35 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wondered whether any forum members ever did manage to get their hands on a copy of this volume?
For myself, I didn't end up getting one. I decided to save that money for Shapeways and resin models.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not that I know of.  It's very pricey and the writer being a jerk kinda turned me off of it. :/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Not that I know of.  It's very pricey and the writer being a jerk kinda turned me off of it. :/

Wasn't this resolved as a misunderstanding? I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the lack of an email response you guys encountered was due to technical difficulties. To be honest, when it comes to this and the other recent dinosaur collector books (and cd versions thereof), there seems to be a slight lack of transparency and I've gotten very confused over who is involved with what, and where (if) they are actually available for sale. :-[

DinoToyForum

Wait! No wonder I was getting confused between 'The Visual Guide to Scale Model Dinosaurs' and 'Dinosauriana: The Dinosaur Collector's Reference Guide'...

The web page giving details about 'Scale Model Dinosaurs' is hosted on a website called http://dinosauriana.com and so the 'Scale Model Dinosaurs' book page has the word 'Dinosauriana', in a large font, written above the small-fonted 'Scale Model Dinosaurs' title below it.

Counterintuitively, 'Dinosauriana' is therefore not available from dinosauriana.com (but it is available from http://demarxo.com). I guess there is a history tying these two volumes together, which might explain the overlap, but still, as an outsider this has had me going in circles.  ;D  :-[

CityRaptor

Sorry to revive this topic, but has anyone gotten this book? Just found a copy on eBay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Robert-Telleria-Scale-Model-Dinosaurs-Dinosaurier-Modellbau-/162063191244?hash=item25bbb80ccc:g:R9IAAOSwQNRXLizJ
First time I ever saw that book offered somewhere.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.