News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Sounds great, we shall look out for them, always keen to view more artwork on the Dinosauria.

Balaur

Thank you.  :)

Also, I finished my first prehistoric plants (Glossopteris, Archaeofructus).  ;)

TheAllosaur

Prehistoric plants, huh? That's a pretty good idea!
When are you going to upload again?
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on July 17, 2013, 03:44:05 PM
Prehistoric plants, huh? That's a pretty good idea!
When are you going to upload again?

I have been trouble with uploading so probably when I fix it. Sorry for not giving a good answer. But when I can upload, you will be overwhelemd by the huge amount of pictures I drew during the past month or so.

In the mean time I'll just give you pictures off my Deviantart page.

Some of this might be new to you, but It's nothing compared to the pictures I need to scan and upload.

Balaur

Well, I've managed to finally successfully upload ONE picture, but I still have trouble with the others. Here are the leaves of Glossopteris, an extinct seed fern.

Sorry for the blue in the background, I still need to adjust the brightness on the scanner down more, because even when I do turn it down, there are still artifacts in the scanning.

Everything_Dinosaur

It is good to see prehistoric plants featured, great drawing of Glossopteris, important fossil plant - continental drift etc.

Balaur

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 21, 2013, 01:23:36 PM
It is good to see prehistoric plants featured, great drawing of Glossopteris, important fossil plant - continental drift etc.

Thanks. I have been trying to use All Yesterday's in my approach to my art ever since I read All Yesterday's. fossil plants don't get a lot of justice.

Glossopteris is just a cool plant overall. It's part of an extinct group of plants! I think that extinct plants are just as exciting as extinct animals, and as you will see in the coming week or so, extinct bacteria are also fun. (Yes, I even drew boring old extinct bacteria)

I chose Gossopteris because I was watching NOVA on PBS and trying to get caught up on it, and they talked a bit about Glossopteris, and so I found a picture of a fossil and then drew it.
Yay Glossopteris. :)

TheAllosaur

I saw that NOVA as well! I found some fossil leaves in a similar pattern as the ones you drew, but they're not glossopteris, they're from the Green River formation.
Good drawing!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on July 22, 2013, 01:50:54 PM
I saw that NOVA as well! I found some fossil leaves in a similar pattern as the ones you drew, but they're not glossopteris, they're from the Green River formation.
Good drawing!

Thanks! A killer plant is in our future too! A plant that kills animals that is. (That was redunant) And not lowers that eat insects, but plants and actually kill animals, but they aren't any science fiction impossible monster.

Balaur

Well, I have been working on a book about feathered dinosaurs for my cousin for his birthday, and I am drawing about 90% of the photos in the book. The last part of the book focuses on the possibility of non-theropod dinosaurs having feathers. Last night, I got the thought of a feathered sauropod. No. No! NOT JUST A THIN COAT OF FEATHERS....

And you thought that my (semi) feathered ankylosaur was crazy...

Concavenator

A feathered sauropod??? ??? Well,there's a topic that says all dinosaurs may have had feathers.That's a cool idea

Balaur

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 29, 2013, 08:02:08 AM
A feathered sauropod??? ??? Well,there's a topic that says all dinosaurs may have had feathers.That's a cool idea

It is a cool idea, but there are problems. There is direct evidence that some dinosaurs where scaley or had skin and didn't have any feathers. I drew this feathered sauropod because I wanted to show a feathered sauropod being more bird like than other sauropod reconstructions, but In my eyes this idea seems extremely implausible. However, I do believe at least SOME non-theropods had some sort of feather like integument, maybe not as excentsive as my feathered sauropod, but I just couldn't sleep because of the awesomness of this idea.

Balaur

I am doing a new "project" if you want to call it that. "Project" Australia. I am drawing all the known vertebrates (that I know of) from Dinosaur Cove and related places. Here are my first two dinosaurs.

Timimus hermani. I chose to draw it like a tyrannosaur, so this is extremely speculative, so I took a risk. If Anyone can help me on other animals related to timimus I can restore it more accurately.

A very speculative restoration of the possible caenagnathid from Dinosaur Cove. Again, if anyone can help with with providing photos of the fossils, It would be extremely helpful and I could restore it more accurately. I based most of it on Chirostenotes.

Concavenator

Quote from: Balaur on July 31, 2013, 07:17:05 PM
I am doing a new "project" if you want to call it that. "Project" Australia. I am drawing all the known vertebrates (that I know of) from Dinosaur Cove and related places. Here are my first two dinosaurs.

Timimus hermani. I chose to draw it like a tyrannosaur, so this is extremely speculative, so I took a risk. If Anyone can help me on other animals related to timimus I can restore it more accurately.

A very speculative restoration of the possible caenagnathid from Dinosaur Cove. Again, if anyone can help with with providing photos of the fossils, It would be extremely helpful and I could restore it more accurately. I based most of it on Chirostenotes.
Awesome pictures!Do you have plans for coloring them?
Btw,have you drawn Sciurumumis?I think he could be related to Timimus,I think.
Btw,I have never heard on Timimus before  :)

Jetoar

Wonderfu feathered dinosaurs  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Balaur

Thank you all for the wonderful words!

The exact identity of Timimus is not certain, but while Timimus and Sciurumimus are theropods, they are not related. Sciurumimus is a megalosaur, and Timimus is a coelurosaur, the exact identity is not certain, an unenlagiinae or tyrannosaur (I chose to draw it as a basal tyrannosaur).

I actually almost finished colouring the caenagnathid, but It kinda got ruined. I will finished colouring the caenagnathid, but I might just leave the Timimus uncloured, because you can see all the details, like the teeth, that are obscured by the colours.

TheAllosaur

will you do Walgettosuchus?
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on August 01, 2013, 08:01:15 PM
will you do Walgettosuchus?

I actually never heard of Walgettosuchus. I might, although it could be too fragmentary, but I think I probably will.

Everything_Dinosaur

Good drawings, don't worry about the Australovenator too much, we know Scott Wright from Erth Petting Zoo and the fun and games he had trying to create an authentic "Aussie raptor" costume...

Balaur

Sorry I haven't been active, school is in the way. Anyways, while some of you may have seen my work for Age of Reptiles, I thought I should share things that I drew over the past few months.

Baurusuchus, (not for Age of Reptiles)

Hyaenodon

Australian spinosaur

A chubby Eoraptor, (also not for Age of Reptiles)

HyPtA B (Hypothetical Pterosaur Ancestor, Stage B)

Expect a series of drawings illustration pterosaur evolution, and whale evolution.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: