News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 01:47:12 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 01:46:20 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 01:45:00 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 01:44:01 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 01:41:10 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 01:38:29 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 01:36:06 AM
I still have no working computer, and it might be a long time before I can get it fixed. But anyways, I will say that I have a prehistoric mammal I just finished. Can you guess what it is? (Left it vague on purpose)
Could it be the real Scrat ^-^?
Nope. Here's a hint, it is featured in your series, and lives in the Cretaceous.
Purgatorius, Zalambdalestes, Didelphodon?
Just to tortur you just a little bit more, one of those answers is correct.  >:D
Didelphodon?
Nope. Zalambdalestes. He is based more heavily based off of the elephant shrew than yours.
Cool! I can't wait to see him :)!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

I am currently drawing a series of flightless pterosaurs. All are speculative, and most are herbivores.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 23, 2014, 10:14:19 PM
I am currently drawing a series of flightless pterosaurs. All are speculative, and most are herbivores.
Sounds awesome!

Balaur

I am currently drawing several extinct sphenodonts, since they are ignored so much in paleoart. Just finished drawing Palaeopleurosaurus and Diphydontosaurus, and I am starting Pleurosaurus now. Sorry, my computer still isn't working, but trust me, your in for a hell of a lot of pictures when I return, and a huge about of sphenodonts. The wait will be worth it.

Yutyrannus

Sounds awesome! I can't wait to see these!

Yutyrannus

For the sphenodont series will you draw Oenosaurus?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 01, 2014, 06:27:57 PM
For the sphenodont series will you draw Oenosaurus?
Yes, I will. :)

Yutyrannus

Zhuchengotyrant

You're drawings are very nice!
-Zhuchengotyrant

Balaur

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! Here's a new one.

A baby Chaohusaurus on the beach trying to catch a fly.

Balaur

If anyone can guess what this is on the first try correctly, I'll be impressed.

Edit: When I was younger (like 8 or 9) I made a big panorama of the fauna of Hell Creek. Nonetheless, it is horrible, but still fun to look at. It features Ankylosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, Quetzalcoatlus, Saurornitholestes, Anatotitan (now Edmontosaurus annectens), Dracorex (now Pachycephalosaurus), Chirostenotes (now Anzu), Leptoceratops, and Ornithomimus. The animals are so shrink wrapped, its like their anorexic. The Tyrannosaurus lacked feathers, and the raptors and oviraptorosaur lack primaries (and wings all together), and the pterosaurs lack pycnofibers. I am aware now some of these animals did not live in Hell Creek. So, I am redoing it.

It will have pretty much all the animals from the original, but Saurornitholestes will be replaced by Acheroraptor, and Parasaurolophus will be cut out. I can't say too much else sense it is very early in the process (I haven't even drawn anything yet) but it will be awesome.

Yutyrannus

SpittersForEver

Balaur

It will be a while until it is done, but stay tuned. I am also making a short picture book for English (it's an assignment to show some themes in Catcher in the Rye, but I got permission to do that through dinosaurs). It will be done by Wednesday, but I'll make some sort of PDF or something. It follows a Utahraptor and includes:
Kokopellia
Multituberculates
Cedarosaurus
Geminiraptor
Falcarius

I'm glad to be showing such seldom known species to the class (if they listen).

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Balaur on May 12, 2014, 04:43:36 PM
It will be a while until it is done, but stay tuned. I am also making a short picture book for English (it's an assignment to show some themes in Catcher in the Rye, but I got permission to do that through dinosaurs). It will be done by Wednesday, but I'll make some sort of PDF or something. It follows a Utahraptor and includes:
Kokopellia
Multituberculates
Cedarosaurus
Geminiraptor
Falcarius

I'm glad to be showing such seldom known species to the class (if they listen).

I hope they listen, I would  :)

Balaur

Also, Geminiraptor is toxic! ;)

Balaur

So, this is my Utahraptor for the book. My friend suggested the colors. Also, I do realize the arm is a little off.

EmperorDinobot

Lookin' good! Some adjustments in some anatomy, but who knows anyways, right? I like the Utahraptor. Is it sitting?

Balaur

Thank you! And yes, it is sitting.

Concavenator

What about a Dilophosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: