News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 11, 2020, 11:39:54 PM
I hope Miron from urzeitshop sells those figures soon. The urzeitshop store is very economical and I am sincerely interested in these figures in general terms, even if it means a bit of economic sacrifice.

Miron heard you:
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/neuheiten

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh COME ON! I Ordered two Figures on Saturday. I was hoping on the Deinonychus, but on Saturday there was none :´(

Andreioli

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 12, 2020, 04:29:39 PM
Oh COME ON! I Ordered two Figures on Saturday. I was hoping on the Deinonychus, but on Saturday there was none :´(

Well, if you placed the order on Saturday (yestarday) I'm shure it hasn't been shipped yet.
So just make another order for the Deinonychus and ask Miron (Email: [email protected]) to add it to your initial order.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli Thanks for the information I have proceeded to pay these figures is the last shopping craziness I will do for a long time. These figures of Safari tempted me a lot I apologize to myself for not being consistent with my purposes.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Andreioli on January 12, 2020, 04:49:49 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 12, 2020, 04:29:39 PM

Well, if you placed the order on Saturday (yestarday) I'm shure it hasn't been shipped yet.
So just make another order for the Deinonychus and ask Miron (Email: [email protected]) to add it to your initial order.

Yes, Yes i thought the Same. Of course it will possible. I guess, Kapitaenosavrvs.exe stopped working for a few Minutes. Thanks :D If it's not possible for any reasons, i just drive over to his House and will friendly ask if i can buy one on the Doorstep :D

Dinoxels

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/safari-ltd/3394-concavenator-dinosaur-toy-figure-by-safari-ltd.html
Whoah, the Concavenator has a funky new paint job. Not sure how I feel about it.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

EmperorDinobot

What's the old color scheme?
I didn't even know about this figure until I came here. Nobody ever tells me stuff lol.

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2020, 12:37:49 AM
I didn't even know about this figure until I came here. Nobody ever tells me stuff lol.
top: old, bottom: new

I personally prefer the new colour scheme. Looks a lot cleaner than the old one.

DragonRider02

All new figures are avaiable on Everything Dinosaur!

I have ordered Deinonychus and Quinzhousaurus. I really wanted Edmontosaurus too but it's a bit expensive, so I am gonna pick it later.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The first concavenator paint scheme was more complex with subtle shading and more colors I liked, similar to airbrushing. The new one seems to have none of that just quick dabs of paint applied.

SidB

My thought too - the look is less realistic and more toy like.

Shonisaurus

Why did Safari change the color scheme of the concavenator? You will have some reason when changing the paint of the concavenator. What I do not understand that this figure is the only one that varies with respect to the prototype. I also liked the old color details better.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 13, 2020, 12:21:50 PM
The first concavenator paint scheme was more complex with subtle shading and more colors I liked, similar to airbrushing. The new one seems to have none of that just quick dabs of paint applied.
The more blended colors vs. more distinct colors is probably a cost saving issue. It's faster and requires fewer paint/dry/repeat cycles to cut out the blending. This always happens to figures later in their production run, just not always before actual release. Companies say "just slop the paint on those older figures as fast as possible and then spend the majority of your time making our newest stuff look good."

Maybe in this case, the paint ops on one of the other new figures ended up being more time consuming than they planned, and they took it out on the concav. Or maybe the concav paint job was just too time consuming vs. its price point to be worth it. Too bad, the prototype does look way better. I guess having a prototype that looks way better than release is now the Official Safari Concavenator Curse!

Compare an early 2nd gen Carnegie Apatosaurus with one from a year or two later:

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

PrimevalRaptor

A shame they changed it up, it might have been for cost saving but the old one looks MUCH better, there was more variation among colors and they blended it way better.
The sculpt is still really nice but that's a bummer.

Duna

That Concavenator is the only figure of my wishlist (dinosaurs that I want) that I won't be buying, because I don't really like that interpretation of it, especially the hollow part after the bump.

I'm really in love with the sculpture of "Pepito", and I'll wait for a rendition which looks more like him.
Spoiler
[close]
Or even better with the supposed "feathers" on the arm that he may have had ...

I have already a huge list from Safari figures this year, and it's not larger because I don't buy less known or obscure dinosaurs, but I think this year's are really great. I'll get edmontosaurus, sarcosuchus, icthyosaurus, deinonychus and pachycephalosaurus. Not sure about dilophosaurus, yet.

terrorchicken

^that looks alot like the Favorite concavenator...

Pachyrhinosaurus

I never expect the final piece to be painted as well as the promo images but that's a real step down, especially since it's a nice sculpt.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Patrx

Hmm, with the new paint scheme, the Concavenator is giving me some Battat vibes.

Duna

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 13, 2020, 06:09:51 PM
^that looks alot like the Favorite concavenator...
Yes, you are right. I like that figure a lot, even it has the "feathers" on the arms ... and the light blue painting in the body and head as Pepito has.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Flaffy on January 13, 2020, 01:18:03 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2020, 12:37:49 AM
top: old, bottom: new

WOW! What a shock! Couldn't be more disappointed by the new color scheme. Looks very sloppy, nothing like promotional pictures. Even more disappointing than the diferences between Papo's stock photos and the real product. Safari has really messed up this one. Where is the green on the face? They changed all the black to white? (that faint dark ish wash between the white doesn't convince me) :P  The total lack of effort in blending the colors is evident in the harsh edges of the underbelly color and the stripes. No red on the crests? Almost makes it look like a cheap knockoff.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: