News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My trip to the Jurassic World Live Tour (including pics of merch and prices)

Started by Faelrin, November 22, 2019, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

So right off the bat, I'm going to get the pictures of merchandise with their prices posted, but I'll also have them listed below in case the images fail to load for anyone. I figure this would be good to share since I really have not come across anything like this yet (with much of the merch is and prices) for any folks planning on going and wanting to get merch, but wanting to prepare ahead of time.

Misc:
-Program (with board game): $20
-Coloring Book (didn't get a pic of this but they were selling them during the intermission. It was pretty big too): $7
-Bag: $4
-3 Panel Snow Mug: $14
-T rex Snow Mug: $15
-Triceratops Snow Mug: $15
I forgot to get the price for the fourth snow mug sorry.

Plushies:
-Blue Plushie: $35
-Jeanie/Troodon Plushie: $30
-Mosasaurus Plushie: $35
-Pteranodon Plushie: $28
-Stegosaurus Plushie: $28
-Triceratops Plushie: $28
-Tyrannosaurus Plushie: $35
-Realistic Blue Plushie: $40
-Realistic Tyrannosaurus Plushie: $45
-Baby Blue Plushie: $32
-Baby Stegosaurus Plushie: $25
-Baby Triceratops Plushie: $28
-Baby T rex Plushie: $32

Figures:
-Stegosaurus Figure (rubber or vinyl material, slightly squishy): $22
-Triceratops Figure (rubber or vinyl material, slightly squishy): $22
-Tyrannosaurus Figure (rubber or vinyl material, slightly squishy): $28
-Blue Figure (plastic): $25
-Gyrosphere toy (large enough to fit the Mattel humans in): $25
-Motorcycle: $15

Light up/other kids stuff:
-Binoculars: $18
-Shock Stick (lights up): $35
-T rex Bubble (bubbles): $30
-Jurassic Wand (lights up): $22
-Machete: $25

There were also various T-shirts (that can be seen in the images), that were all about $30 each.

Now for the images:

Here is what I managed to get (planning to go back again on Sunday to get more merch, especially the Jeanie Plushie):

Now for the show itself, I only took a few images of the stage, since I filmed the rest of it:

Now for the plot details and what creatures featured in the show (in a spoiler tag of course):

Spoiler

Creatures (in order of introduction):

-Triceratops
-Jeanie/Troodon
-Indominus rex
-Velociraptors (green)
-Blue
-Stegosaurus (and the baby)
-Pteranodon
-Tyrannosaurus

The beginning of the show takes place during Jurassic World. Jeanie the Troodon is introduced and most of the show focuses around her (and her intelligence). She uses the same sounds as the Velociraptor's (I would have preferred something unique, but oh well). Eventually the Indominus rex attacks and destroys Jurassic World. The rest of the production takes place a few months after the park is closed. Jeanie's trainer tracks her down to an Ingen base in South America where they are studying her (and Velociraptors), where she and her friends help her escape (while dealing with the escaped green Velociraptors, and Ingen mercs), all the while learning that Jeanie has a nest back on the island that was abandoned.

The second half of the show takes place on Isla Nublar, where they are following Jeanie who is trying to get back to her nest. They run into another nest which belonged to a Triceratops, and end up meeting Blue shortly afterwards who interacts with Jeanie for a bit. They also end up meeting with a Stegosaurus and its baby that were glowing (purple) because of having genes from bio-luminescent animals. Eventually they find her nest, but have to find off more Ingen mercs. There were also Pteranodons flying around and one of the villain characters gets carried off by one. Lots of merc fighting and chasing later, eventually they run into the Tyrannosaurus, who deals with the rest of the mercs and villians, who Blue and Jeanie also helped deal with. The last scene is about Jeanie's eggs had hatched, and the humans say their goodbye's to her and her new family, before taking their leave from the island.

I probably missed some details but honestly I was mostly interested in what was going on with the creatures. Worth noting was that there was score from not only Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom playing during the show, but they also used score from Jurassic Park and The Lost World.
[close]

Anyways I enjoyed my time there, and the animatronics were definitely pretty cool seeing them in person. While I wasn't exactly front row, I was still low enough that size of the Tyrannosaurus was still pretty impressive and intimidating too. Hopefully when I go back on Sunday I can get seats closer, if there are any remaining.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

It looks so amazing. I'm definitely excited to go to this, and spend way too much money...

Hopefully California dates are announced soon.

Duna

Oooh, I'm green with envy ...  :'( :'(

Congrats for having such wonderful time, thanks for the pics. Could you show us the videos, please?

Blade-of-the-Moon

cant figure why they gave the TRex a neck like a turtle.  I know it had it in some the cg art used for other products but I always though that would be just an error.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.