News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Well it is working for me now. I don't know if you did something or it just spontaneously decided to work. It would be interesting if they would arrive by then to you. I'm curious to see how these will look in hand pics.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Do we have any idea of when the new Papo's will be available in official stores ?
I'm waiting for the new Feathered Velociraptor, thanks.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: SenSx on June 19, 2020, 06:46:55 PM
Do we have any idea of when the new Papo's will be available in official stores ?

I'm struggling to see a major difference between the new paint job and the old. Maybe some comparison videos will shed more light on the matter. I also didn't purchase the repainted Allo for similar reasons.

SenSx

Quote from: Lu_Yuping on June 21, 2020, 03:49:19 PM

I'm struggling to see a major difference between the new paint job and the old. Maybe some comparison videos will shed more light on the matter. I also didn't purchase the repainted Allo for similar reasons.

Because there are none, the new one is just brownish and white, but I prefere this one over the old I don't own.
The new Allosaurus however makes a major difference, I find it outstanding, love that vibrant colors and contrast.
Unpopular opinion since I've seen many people finding it not as good as the old one that I've always found bland on the contrary.
But now you can make male/female couple I guess, same for the Feathered Raptors.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: SenSx on June 22, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
Quote from: Lu_Yuping on June 21, 2020, 03:49:19 PM

But now you can make male/female couple I guess, same for the Feathered Raptors.

True, I suppose. I bought the new Stego since it was different enough. Just wish they had different posee.

Roar

So. Papo still doesn't have any new items up yet :-\ wonder if they still will come this year. Anyone any ideas when they will hit the market? :)
Onwards to adventure!

Carnoking

I've heard fall, and that wouldn't be out of character for Papo. Remember last year the spino took until november to become available. Usually by now a majority of them have hit the market, but with the way things are I wouldn't be surprised if the end of the year is now our best bet.

SenSx

Quote from: Walhalla on July 23, 2020, 07:34:22 PM
So. Papo still doesn't have any new items up yet :-\ wonder if they still will come this year. Anyone any ideas when they will hit the market? :)

Yes I found somewhere it was Q3 2020 (don't remember where I found this).

Shonisaurus

From what I've seen at shop.modellpferdeversand.de they already have the repainted parasaurolophus from 2020 available on the market.

Sarapaurolophus

The new paint job on the old Parasaurolophus looks wayyy off on the release compared to the promotional image. I was a little shocked but hey, I am always happy to keep my money.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMyvmylbB9w

And for anyone not able to understand German, Rupi is just saying what we're all thinking: why is there such a drastic difference to the promo paintjob? ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oof oof oof. Oof. It is normal, that Promo Pics are not the real deal. Which is okay to me. No need to discuss that again after the Spino (Which i love).

But looking at the actual Figure in the Video, i am kind of shocked. I was expecting something similar to the Acro Repaint. The Paintjob on the Acro looks amazing, but the Para looks like a Knock off. I think, i am not too harsh on that, since Papo definitly has beautiful Paintjobs overall.

The worst part is not, that its not matching the Promo, but that the actual Figure looks bad.

I am not forgetting our worldwide Situation right now, so its quite hard to criticise. But almost 20 Euros... No.

Loon

I mean, the original Parasaurolophus paint job wasn't that amazing to begin with, but this looks like something off AliExpress.

Andreioli

Well, I have the Para repaint since last evening and I think it looks pretty good in hand.
Shure, it's darker than the stock photo and maybe not as detailded/blended but it is by no means an easy paint application, it has many different color shades and quite a complex pattern.
I'm happy with it  :)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Andreioli on July 31, 2020, 07:20:17 PM
Well, I have the Para repaint since last evening and I think it looks pretty good in hand.
Shure, it's darker than the stock photo and maybe not as detailded/blended but it is by no means an easy paint application, it has many different color shades and quite a complex pattern.
I'm happy with it  :)

Thats good to hear. Videos from Rupi Bolz often have a high contrast, so maybe it looks worse than in reality. In the End its just a Video and not InHand. But i can't help it. It feels like Loon said. Some Figure from AliExpress.

Lu_Yuping

It's not the shading and contrast that's the problem, it's the fact it's a completely different colour.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Lu_Yuping on August 02, 2020, 09:26:27 AM
It's not the shading and contrast that's the problem, it's the fact it's a completely different colour.

That's the way I feel. The promo paintjob reminded me of a tiger and I was 100% I'd get one, old model or not. But this final paintjob is green and red - will probably work better with the old release that was shades of green; but I personally have lost all interest.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on August 02, 2020, 12:03:21 PM
Quote from: Lu_Yuping on August 02, 2020, 09:26:27 AM

That's the way I feel. The promo paintjob reminded me of a tiger and I was 100% I'd get one, old model or not. But this final paintjob is green and red - will probably work better with the old release that was shades of green; but I personally have lost all interest.

Same here, I'll wait until I see some more.

PrimevalRaptor

The repaint doesn't look bad and I like that it's a bit more flashier than the original one (which I do still like though) but this is a letdown from the prototype for sure, quite a big deviation. I wonder if the current situation is to blame for simplifying the paintjob maybe?

Shonisaurus

Honestly, Papo's parasaurolophus, judging by the video, looks of worse quality than his promotional figure, although Andreioli says that this figure is better to see in person than on video, on the other hand, what I see in that figure is that it has sustainability problems, it falls easily but honestly the price of Papo figures are quite cheap and affordable compared to brands of figures of dinosaurs and other high quality prehistoric animals that we all know so that a maximum ratio of demand cannot be imposed without for I have to affirm that Papo figures for me are quite good figures, excellent even the outstanding spinosaurus so honestly in my case I will wait to see that figure in person rather than in a promotional photo since I think that fortunately it will vary positively. It should be borne in mind that Rupi Bolz with his videos with dark wallpaper in this case give an image of the parasaurolophus much less positive than that figure really is.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: