News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: KeU on July 18, 2020, 03:57:05 AM
I wonder if that means their Giganotosaurus will need the base to stand. Like the Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus.
2020 seems like year of the giga.
I hope Nammu could make a simplified toy version line thats cheaper but with less impressive paint, kind of like vitae

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 18, 2020, 04:03:17 AM
Quote from: KeU on July 18, 2020, 03:57:05 AM
I wonder if that means their Giganotosaurus will need the base to stand. Like the Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus.
2020 seems like year of the giga.
I hope Nammu could make a simplified toy version line thats cheaper but with less impressive paint, kind of like vitae

Some other Asian company might knock it off, seems they have the Indominus already.

Flaffy

Is it just me or do these busts seem a lot better painted than their regular figure counterparts?
It's especially noticeable on the Sinoceratops and Carnotaurus. Much more vibrant and layered colouring.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on July 18, 2020, 04:40:59 AM
Is it just me or do these busts seem a lot better painted than their regular figure counterparts?
It's especially noticeable on the Sinoceratops and Carnotaurus. Much more vibrant and layered colouring.

They are quite a bit larger, probably easier to paint.

KeU

Finally revealed.
Giganotosaurus - Behemoth

Good to see that it can stand without the base.
Teeth are really over-sized though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

What Papo should have been? lol

Looks good overall, a slight "awesomebro " feel to it. Need to see a final painted image.

The teeth are huge in the real animal, but not quite that big. 

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: KeU on July 20, 2020, 01:51:58 PM
Finally revealed.

I need that too. Almost as good, maybe even better  than eofauna. Any info on size and price

SenSx

Very nice thanks !
I'm also curious about the size

But I think I'll still get the W-Dragon Giga instead, love their interpretation of it.
Although I wish there was a version without the blind eye.

Takama

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 20, 2020, 03:59:08 PM
Quote from: KeU on July 20, 2020, 01:51:58 PM
Finally revealed.

I need that too. Almost as good, maybe even better  than eofauna. Any info on size and price

Knowing Nanmu it would be in the $80 to $100 range.     

Blade-of-the-Moon

Character: Nanmu Giganotosaurus--Behemoth
Scale: 1/35, with Base
Size: Length 45 cm / 17.7 inches, Painted
Material: PVC
Pre-sale Time: At the end of the fourth quarter of 2020

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 20, 2020, 04:09:51 PM
Ohh, to big, and Expensive

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 20, 2020, 04:09:51 PM
Wow, she is gonna be pretty big.
For comparison, Nanmu's Tyrannosaurus is 41 cm / 16.1" and the Spinosaurus is at 46 cm / 18.1".
W-Dragon's Giganotosaurus seems small in comparison, 38.5 cm / 15.2".

Martwad

avatar_KeU @KeU , W-Dragon's would be more in line to the 1:35 scale.  Nanmu's is more along the lines of 1:27.  Seems like they have a bit of the Rebor philosophy going, by making their scales larger than life.

KeU

Quote from: Martwad on July 20, 2020, 05:58:32 PM
W-Dragon's would be more in line to the 1:35 scale.  Nanmu's is more along the lines of 1:27.  Seems like they have a bit of the Rebor philosophy going, by making their scales larger than life.
Which is weird considering W-Dragon's Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus are larger than Nanmu's. Will have to see on hand pictures to determine.

Faelrin

So I guess 2020 really is the year of Giganotosaurus it seems, with how many have been released or will be releasing, much like last year was the year of Spinosaurus (and sadly a bit too early). The sculpt detail with the scutes on the back reminds me of the Mattel Albertosaurus. It looks like they are going with the modern skull reconstruction too here? I'm obviously not the biggest fan of how shrinkwrapped the skull looks however. I still don't have a Giganotosaurus in my collection. Still not sure what to go with really, despite perhaps the Vitae and Eofauna being the most accurate of the bunch currently. Definitely going to need to see this painted up. I would guess that they will have two color schemes of this one, as with the others?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on July 20, 2020, 06:20:38 PM
So I guess 2020 really is the year of Giganotosaurus it seems, with how many have been released or will be releasing, much like last year was the year of Spinosaurus (and sadly a bit too early). The sculpt detail with the scutes on the back reminds me of the Mattel Albertosaurus. It looks like they are going with the modern skull reconstruction too here? I'm obviously not the biggest fan of how shrinkwrapped the skull looks however. I still don't have a Giganotosaurus in my collection. Still not sure what to go with really, despite perhaps the Vitae and Eofauna being the most accurate of the bunch currently. Definitely going to need to see this painted up. I would guess that they will have two color schemes of this one, as with the others?
depending on where you live, Eofauna is the best, based on money and quality, but thats only if you live in Europe, where its more cheaper

Syndicate Bias

This just leaves REBOR as the last company that has yet to make one.

I think I share alot of pain and suffering these past few years with this one.

Wild Safari was my fave up until Vitae ans Eofauna came out and bought those but wasm't satisfied with posture or lack of details for one or the other.

I got the Shane and Sean Cooper Resin kits which to me are the best Gigas I have atm aside from PNSOs.

I forgot I also have the Carneige one lol, but when it came to pvc figures I looked to PNSO and Papo at the time since they had that aesthetic and paint quality which sadly Papo and PNSO failed in one of those I'll let you guess which.

Needless to say the PNSO Giga had the best aesthetic to me but W Dragon won me over because it's based off of Dino Crisis 2's Giga which is the sole reason I even like the animal to this day over T Rex.
Not a complete fan of the static posture at first but more pictures made it obvious the figure was better than it seemed.

Now this one from Nanmu I didn't expect at all. In all honesty I remember making a comment that these two companies might never make a Giga anytime soon, I'm glad I was wrong because W Dragon gave me a childhood dream come true and Nanmu is definitely gonna give me two or three variations to hoarde.

I trust Nanmu to do a good job, they haven't let me down on their figures I'm anticipating their Ceratosaurus as well so it seems like Nanmu will be my go to brand over Papo now.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks for sharing all the Stuff. Looks like a well done Sculpt, but nothing for me. Nanmu has this strong JP/JW Look. Always a bit drangonish appearing, which is nothing i would like on a Dinosaurfigure. But hopefully, people are going to be happy about this, if they like this kind of Figures.

In the End, i still like the EoFauna the best. It just looks amazing and real to me. For a "Toy" at this pricetag it is just fabulous. But this topic has been overdone.

EDIT: Nice to read you, S @Syndicate Bias

SenSx

I'm more waiting for a Jurassic World Baryonyx from Nanmu now :/

KeU

Quote from: SenSx on July 21, 2020, 12:32:16 PM
I'm more waiting for a Jurassic World Baryonyx from Nanmu now :/
I think it is just a matter of when.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: