News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Some interesting Japanese (?) figures I came accross on line.
Does anyone know what they might be ?
Thanks

Lanthanotus

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 17, 2018, 08:36:48 PM
N0 #2 should be the unpainted Tamiya Tyrannosaurus (older version) and Stegosaurus
WOW, Those are really old - I thought I knew the Tamiya Line...
Thanks.
p.s.
How do you 'mask' the detailed URL link with a supplementary title, like you just did ?

sauroid

#3, 5 and 6 are from a Bandai series.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 17, 2018, 09:06:55 PM
[...]
How do you 'mask' the detailed URL link with a supplementary title, like you just did ?

[ u r l = l i n k a d d r e s s ] t i t l e [ / u r l ]

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: sauroid on February 17, 2018, 09:26:45 PM
Thanks.sauroid
I am familiar with plenty of Bandai figures - never saw these ones.
Do you have any link you could share ?
Thanks

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 17, 2018, 10:03:18 PM
Tried it - couldn't do it - sorry to say It seems I probably just didn't quite followed your intentions

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 17, 2018, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 17, 2018, 10:03:18 PM
Tried it - couldn't do it - sorry to say It seems I probably just didn't quite followed your intentions

Hey BrontoScorpio,

well, seems you did, just above with "sauroid" ;)

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 17, 2018, 10:30:04 PM
[...]
Thanks.sauroid
[...]

Also, you can just quote any messages that include links, quotes or pictures to see how they are inserted. The full code is shown there as readable text.

sauroid

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 17, 2018, 10:30:04 PM
Quote from: sauroid on February 17, 2018, 09:26:45 PM
Thanks.sauroid
I am familiar with plenty of Bandai figures - never saw these ones.
Do you have any link you could share ?
Thanks
i have them but you can check out this link and scroll down a bit to the Bandai section. unfortunately the photos are small and arent HD but you can spot them.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Japan.html
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BrontoScorpio

Cretaceous Crab

Both of these were part of a "grab bag" purchase I made, primarily for the more valuable figures in the lot.

1. is what my son and I jokingly refer to as the "Hypsilo-raptor" since it has sickle-clawed feet but an obvious ornithopod-like head

2. Protoceratops. it was originally a glow-in-the-dark figure, before I started to repaint it

Can anyone ID the company for me?

Roselaar

The Protoceratops is a Safari knock-off, I'm pretty sure.

sauroid

the sickle clawed one is just a typical no-brand chinasaur.

IrritatorRaji

I was fixing to review this figure of the Takara Tomy Spinosaurus...

...except I, erh, kinda forgot what it was called. I would have checked the box, but I can't find it anywhere and I'm assuming my cleaner threw it away last week.

I was originally just going to submit it as "Spinosaurus - Takara Tomy" but then I remembered that this guy who I think is from the same line is on the blog. However, it's listed as "Animal Adventure by Takara Tomy" but google searching this Spinosaurus model brings up listings that say it's full name is "Animal Advantage by Takara Tomy"

So, um, I'm just really confused, can someone help clear this up for me?

Halichoeres

Takara Tomy calls this series Ania more generally: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/ania/

I would go with "Spinosaurus quadrupedal (Ania by Takara Tomy)"

to differentiate from their bipedal Spinosaurus if anyone reviews it in the future, and from the Dino Expo miniature version that TT made in 2011.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Bokisaurus

Okay, here is a curious big bird. I found it when I dropped off some of my unwanted dino figures. I check the toy section whenever I drop stuff off just to see if I can spot something unusual and worth getting.
So I paid $2 for it ^-^
Some features worth noting, the top portion of the figure is squishy, but not too much. The lower part is hard plastic to help it stand. I think it's a type of terror bird, but not sure exactly.
Anyway, oddly, it has fingers non it's wings! :)) like a dinosaur (there are 3 digits ).
It's a decent figure, not too bad for a cheap toy. Makes we wonder if there are any more unusual species in the line it came from.
Anyone know who made it? Cheers!

Takama

Thats a Terror Bird From Discover With Dr Cool line.

There sort of Knockoffs of Recur toys, with some Original models in the mix

They are far from accurate

EmperorDinobot

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: