You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Wait, so even the fishapod has a Carlin/Darwin face? I don't suppose we could get a close-up of that?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2020, 05:56:40 PM
Wait, so even the fishapod has a Carlin/Darwin face? I don't suppose we could get a close-up of that?

Well, the face becomes less and less recognizable  as you go back from Darwin himself. Still, it has a straight-up man face.

Shonisaurus

Nice figure of pinacosaurus from Kayacasaurus I think it must be one of the few known figures of that dinosaur. My congratulations on your new purchase.

ceratopsian

Congratulations on the Pinacosaurus!  It looks every bit as good as the sales photos.

triceratops83

That Pinacosaurus is right up there with the best in terms of richness of detail. A fine addition.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Loon

"Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth" - Belinda Carlisle

It's here. It's here... The most fantastic and beautiful thing I've ever seen...

A. Goddamned. PARACERATHERIUM!!!!!!!!!

That's right, the I-TOY Paraceratherium has landed in my grubby hands. The sheer majesty of this figure has quicky made her the Queen of 2020 (toy-wise). If you can't tell, I'm over the moon with this thing. I've never had an I-Toy figure before, but if the keep making stuff like this instead of more mediocre Jurassic Park ripoffs, I'll be buying it.

Here are some more shots. She's very photogenic:

As you can imagine, she's gargantuan. Despite that, she's not all that heavy. The figure's made of hollow vinyl, but it looks like resin. Yes, there's a seam, but it's practically invisible.

Here she is with some other 1:20 scale figures and a 1:20(ish) Charles Darwin.

With her diminutive cousin (not to scale):

*Yes my Queen..."

Man, Jurassic World Dominion looks nuts...

And finally, here's a quick shot of her new home:

For anyone wondering how she scales with the EoFauna figures.

Well, gush fest over. Just kidding, see you at the review!!!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon My congratulations, I am very happy that you like that new figure. In my case, I don't feel disappointed. Although I do not know if it is hollow vinyl as you say. The truth is that this figure weighs a lot to be hollow vinyl. Nice prehistoric mammal one of my favorites.

Hands down the best paraceratherium made on the market for toy dinosaurs / prehistoric animals made yet. I had never bought from Itoy but that figure was so good in the promotional photos that I honestly commissioned it as soon as I heard the news of its revelation in June to an online store in China from Aliexpress, precisely the same store where I bought its mosasaurus and its two allosaurus ... and I honestly didn't regret it. She is by far my star figure of this year and of those to come, apart from being my favorite prehistoric mammal of all life. It looks like resin when it is made of a resistant material. Here is the genius of the Itoy brand.

The figure is very expensive, and that I ordered it from an Aliexpress store whose prices are the lowest in the market and which meant a saving of between twenty or twenty-five euros over the average of online stores in China and the world. In my case, I bought it without the resin base. This figure is recommended for all lovers of the Cenozoic world.

PhilSauria

Looks magnificent, nice addition indeed. Good to see this figure done justice at a lower price than the resins and such.

I intend to order one as soon as I've payed off the Giraffatitan. Your images have just made me look forward to the purchase even more than I was already!

Faelrin

Oh my god seeing it next to the Carnegie Mammoth and Safari Mastodon makes me realize that's so much bigger then I was expecting. Sure I saw the dimensions but actually seeing it like this is way more impressive. From the looks of it the paint job looks really detailed as well. I actually ended up having to hold off with ordering this until my situation improves. But I hope to have my hands on it by the end of this year. Fingers crossed anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Very impressive; I look forward to seeing the review.

Be cool to see I-Toy tackle Palaeoloxodon namadicus at the same scale.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

"What a Day." - Dr. Alan Grant, 2020 during the Filming of JW 3, dreaming of his Boat

Congratulations on this massive Para! I an not that much into Mammals, except marine mammals, but it looks great!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on October 11, 2020, 01:30:32 PM
Very impressive; I look forward to seeing the review.

Be cool to see I-Toy tackle Palaeoloxodon namadicus at the same scale.

Hopefully Itoy sells more prehistoric mammals, a palaeoloxodon namadicus would be great from that great brand. Honestly, if all the prehistoric mammals of Itoy are like that, they have buyer's insurance.

For me it is the best PVC paraceratherium made yet. Collecta's version takes a back seat to its Itoy counterpart. Honestly, if this year there is no paraceratherium from Papo, Eofauna, Collecta or Safari, I wouldn't mind. In fact Itoy's paraceratherium (my itoy paraceratherium) I don't think any brand of toy dinosaurs can surpass it in quality and beauty.

indohyus

That is amazing! Where did you get that glorious figure?

Libraraptor

So many great new acquisitions, congrats on every single item!

Loon

Quote from: Faelrin on October 11, 2020, 01:20:39 PM
Oh my god seeing it next to the Carnegie Mammoth and Safari Mastodon makes me realize that's so much bigger then I was expecting. Sure I saw the dimensions but actually seeing it like this is way more impressive. From the looks of it the paint job looks really detailed as well. I actually ended up having to hold off with ordering this until my situation improves. But I hope to have my hands on it by the end of this year. Fingers crossed anyways.
Yeah, it's an absolutely massive figure. Literally everytime I'm even just looking in the direction of my shelves, my eyes lock on her. She's that much of a landmark. Hopefully everything gets better and you get this figure sooner than later.

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 11, 2020, 11:26:34 AM
...Your images have just made me look forward to the purchase even more than I was already!
I've always considered myself a Paraceratherium evangelist, so I'm happy to spread the good news of the rhino goddess.

Quote from: indohyus on October 11, 2020, 11:06:39 PM
That is amazing! Where did you get that glorious figure?
I got mine from Model Toy Center on AliExpress. Shipping from China must be improving. This thing got here in about 2 weeks as opposed to the near 2 months my last orders took.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words!

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 13, 2020, 01:02:12 PM
Absolutely poggers as the kids say these days.
It's great to see the Paraceratherium in size comparison to the CollectA Elasmotherium.
They scale up wonderfully.

They really do. They make quite the nice pair on the shelf.

Also, seems like Postimages has screwed up my account, so most pre-Paraceratherium posts are now photoless.

ceratopsian

Oh no - how soul destroying.  Let's hope whatever the issue is sorts itself out.

Loon

It's sad, but those images are gone forever it seems. I had to make a whole new account just to get things working again. Oh well, they're just pictures

Halichoeres

Oh man, that's such a bummer. That happened to me a few years back with Photoshop. I've been using Flickr since then with very few problems, but photo hosting seems like a really fickle enterprise.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 14, 2020, 03:44:42 PM
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I loved looking through your shelves...
Maybe you could reupload them to the new account and replace the void in the thread by editing the posts that included images, at least in your collection thread.

I actually don't have those pics anymore, so I might retake them at some point. Right now, my display is a bit of a mess, though. I can't leave well enough alone and sold a bunch of stuff, so some (i.e. the Cretaceous shelves) are a little bare. I'm currently going through the process of cataloging everything and dusting, so maybe I'll do that when I'm done. But, with school and such, that might not be for a while.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 15, 2020, 04:56:19 AM
Oh man, that's such a bummer. That happened to me a few years back with Photoshop. I've been using Flickr since then with very few problems, but photo hosting seems like a really fickle enterprise.

I used to use Flickr, I'll probably go back. I never had this bad a time with them.

Either way, thanks for the kind words everyone.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: