You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Thanks everyone for the compliments. The customs truly are fantastic.

Well, here's some good news (as much as such a thing can exist for the next few days), the lights are working again! After two long struggles to fix the wiring today, they're back to normal.

I've got two shelves complete, so I figured I'd show them off.

First up, a look for the Paleozoic shelf that I'm actually happy with.

The Triassic shelf has been a nightmare to get right. I already have enough issues with tails taking up too much space, but this shelf suffers the worst from this.

As if the displays don't take up enough space already, I have this table in here until I finish this. Pardon the mess.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon I admire how you take care of your collection and how well you have it neat and clean, few collectors can boast of having the collection of prehistoric animals. By the way the lisowicia bojani from Collecta looks great. Fortunately, its size is more than acceptable. How I would like this figure to arrive at my supplier store as soon as possible!

Halichoeres

Looking good! Glad you got the Paleozoic shelf situated. The table is basically the state of my collection right now, except it's the bed in the guest room.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Thanks everyone.

Well, I've got some more shelves done.

Ehhhhh.... I don't like this one much. I'm gonna do the "Mid" Cretaceous North America shelf in a bit, so hopefully I can spread some of thoss figures onto this shelf.

And finally, I've decided to organize my extinct Cenozoic shelves in patios order. Here's the first one, the Paleogene.

Shonisaurus

Nice shelves. We are honestly lucky collectors today to have so many prehistoric mammalian figures from the Paleogene. I never thought that I would have any of the figures that you have on that shelf, especially the exceptional paraceratherium. It is a dream come true.

Faelrin

I really love how you got things rearranged now. Glad to see the lights issue fixed too.

And man that Paraceratherium... Seeing it next to the Safari Ltd figures really puts into perspective what a titan it really is. Ugh hoping I can afford this one before the end of the year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

So the Paraceratherium is life-size, good to know.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

bmathison1972

I don't have many dinos but I see similarities of our shelves, Loon  ;)

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 03, 2020, 09:07:50 AM
Nice shelves. We are honestly lucky collectors today to have so many prehistoric mammalian figures from the Paleogene. I never thought that I would have any of the figures that you have on that shelf, especially the exceptional paraceratherium. It is a dream come true.
Thanks Shonisaurus. I agree, it's nice to have so many figures from this period, though it doesn't really compare to the amount of extinct Quaternary animals. Though, it's far more than I own from the Neogene, which is going to make that shelf...interesting...

Quote from: Faelrin on November 03, 2020, 04:07:47 PM
I really love how you got things rearranged now. Glad to see the lights issue fixed too.

And man that Paraceratherium... Seeing it next to the Safari Ltd figures really puts into perspective what a titan it really is. Ugh hoping I can afford this one before the end of the year.
I hope you get it, it's a really magnificent figure. Unlike some, I actually really like the size, it scales better with the majority of my Cenozoic animals, which tend to be closer to 1/15 or 1/20.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 08:15:25 PM
Glad to see some full shelves again, it makes up for the photos that went lost.
Thanks, I'm happy to have them back here as well.

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 04, 2020, 03:21:13 AM
So the Paraceratherium is life-size, good to know.
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was those gigantic plush animals from FAO Schwarz?

And is it bad that I'd want a Paraceratherium like that?

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2020, 03:43:50 AM
I don't have many dinos but I see similarities of our shelves, Loon  ;)
I believe I saw you say that you prefer Safari for dinosaurs. If that's the case, we definitely share some tastes.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on November 04, 2020, 08:50:14 AM

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was those gigantic plush animals from FAO Schwarz?

And is it bad that I'd want a Paraceratherium like that?

This is, in fact, unspeakably evil.

ceratopsian

Always a pleasure to visit your shelves!  As for the size of the Paraceratherium!!

Loon

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 05, 2020, 10:07:27 PM
Always a pleasure to visit your shelves!  As for the size of the Paraceratherium!!

Thank you! Yeah, it's really big. But, honestly I'm happy with that. A good number of my mammals are around 1/20, so it fits.

Eocarcharia

Your displays are fantastic, as is your organization. I admire your collection.

ceratopsian

It's a stunning figure. The only reason I didn't leap to buy it is that I don't collect mammals, with the exception of a few elephants. Space means a line has to be drawn somewhere!

Loon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on November 06, 2020, 12:08:12 AM
Your displays are fantastic, as is your organization. I admire your collection.

Thank you!

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 06, 2020, 09:23:21 AM
It's a stunning figure. The only reason I didn't leap to buy it is that I don't collect mammals, with the exception of a few elephants. Space means a line has to be drawn somewhere!

I can understand that. Unfortunately, I suffer from a severe lack of such restraint. Honestly, if they were made more often, I'd probably have more mammals than dinosaurs. I have far more notable memories of going to the La Brea Tar Pits than the LA NHM as a child, so I guess I associate them with prehistory more at times.

ceratopsian

I can't say I have much restraint with the rest of prehistory though, as my shelves testify. I am currently trying to oust my husband's running medals from my cabinets as I'm desperate for more space!  I envy you your trips to La Brea Tar Pits. Somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

Loon

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 06, 2020, 11:22:13 AM
I can't say I have much restraint with the rest of prehistory though, as my shelves testify. I am currently trying to oust my husband's running medals from my cabinets as I'm desperate for more space!  I envy you your trips to La Brea Tar Pits. Somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

I had the same space issue fairly recently, but, after some sales, I now have the opposite problem. As for the Tar Pits, it's funny; it's one of those places I've known so long and been to so often, it doesn't even register as a destination if that makes sense. Honestly, these days I find myself missing it and our Museum so much. Guess it's one of those "don't know what you've got till it's gone" things. Hopefully, you get to visit it one day, it is really a special place.

Loon

Well, after so long, he has arrived...

I haven't really bought much Jurassic World stuff in a while. After I sold most of the collection, I was really only interested in continuing with the Legacy Collection. After a disappointing year of some mediocre raptor repaints, I'm happy to say that one of my most anticipated figures has finally been delivered.

The Legacy Collection Dennis Nedry is one of my favorite things Mattel has put out. I'm biased of course, but it's such an improvement on the Hammond figure in almost every way. The level of care that went into the packaging alone is astonishing.

That's what happens when you don't pay Nedry enough!

Obviously, I really like this figure. I far prefer it to the Amber Collection version, which just looks disproportionate and has a very weak likeness. Honestly, with all the weight I've gained during the pandemic, and given the fact that my clothing choices are mostly Nedry inspired (half joking), you could just paint a crummy mustache and beard on this guy and you'd have your own Loon figure!

Faelrin

Glad to see he finally arrived for you. I definitely think they did a better job on the likeness with the small scale/mainline figures, then with the Amber Collection ones (just the two humans so far anyways)

Man I also feel you the weight gain during this pandemic. It's been rough.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 10:19:13 AM
Yesssss you finally got him!

Thanks, I'm ecstatic.

Quote from: Faelrin on November 07, 2020, 03:14:04 PM
Glad to see he finally arrived for you. I definitely think they did a better job on the likeness with the small scale/mainline figures, then with the Amber Collection ones (just the two humans so far anyways)

Man I also feel you the weight gain during this pandemic. It's been rough.

Yeah, I just don't feel the Amber Collection as much as the Legacy. Which is a shame, as I worry it's suffered the same fate as the classic Star Wars 3.75 lines. I deeply, deeply dislike Matthew Brando, but what he said about the 6" line replacing the 4" line kinda feels true. Oh well, and yeah, this pandemic has really not helped with my weight issue. Hopefully, once I start going back to work next week, I'll be walking more.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: