You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Ok that's nice but WHERE THE HELL IS DODGSON!!!???

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 08, 2020, 05:27:47 AM

In prison, where he belongs.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 05:43:44 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 08, 2020, 05:27:47 AM

In prison, where he belongs.
that escalated quickly

Spoiler
SEE, NOBODY CARES
[close]

Loon

Well, this week's just full of surprises. My PNSO Corythosaurus "Caroline" unexpectedly showed up today. She was actually out in the rain for about 3 hours before I knew she was here; I'd never opened a figure that was so cold to the touch before. Luckily, everything's alright with her, as she was packed very well and under our porch. Though, she was almost blown away...

Speaking of blown away, I very much am that. I was not expecting to like this figure so much; the colors, the oversized head, it was all a bit unappealing to me. But, in hand...this is figure of the year material in my opinion. I don't want to go too in-depth into this figure here, I have to have something to write about in the review, but there's far more good than bad here. It's a nice big figure, roughly 1/35 scale if my calculations are correct, and is very accurate. The only real quibbles I have with it are the feet.

They're very small (maybe even undersized?), so she doesn't have the best base. Another thing I want you to know about is the thin digits, please be very careful with these. I think they're the thinnest part of any figure I own, and while they're flexible, I'd be cautious.

Not to end this part on a sour note, I just wanted to say how much I love the head. Sure, it's a bit big in relation to the body, but, oh god, if it's not the most beautiful thing. The coloration of the head crest especially is just fantastic.

Something about Corythosaurus's head from the front is just so appealing. It weirdly brings back memories of the old DK Corythosaurus model.

Some size comparisons:
With some other Dinosaur Park Formation friends. Though they're all 1/40 and she's 1/35ish. Oh Caroline, will you ever fit in?

That's better... With some other big Ornithopods, luckily they're all about 1/35. 

So, another gush fest is over, sorry about that. But, this thing really is art. I don't want to put any other companies down (mostly), but none of those expensive companies like Nanmu, or Rebor, or W-Dragon make me feel this way. This is really a museum class replica, in the sense that I can see this being a model in a museum.

So, wow, that's a lot of writing and I'm beat, so I think I'll stop. Today's been a good day.

Big shoutout to Dan's Dinosaurs for getting this here faster than the other PNSO models I ordered from Aliexpress about a week before. Hopefully, they get here soon. The "Age of PNSO" in this thread has begun...

PhilSauria

Great pics!

I have been a PNSO convert for a few years now but I've yet to order this one, hoping to take advantage of the Ali Express sale on the 11th. Your images make me even more determined to add this one to the growing list of figures from this company that I now own.

Looks like still a couple more releases to come with the teased Parasaurolophus and what looks like a Tyrannosaur of some sort. Can't wait

Faelrin

Congrats on getting your hands on it. Glad to see it was fine despite the environmental troubles.

Wonderful shots of it as well. The comparisons are most useful too. This is definitely a must have for me. Just wondering when I can get around to getting it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Congratulations Loon on your new acquisition. True, the PNSO corythosaurus figure is much better to have physically than to see it in photographs or promotional or collector's videos. I'm so glad you have that new figure. Without a doubt, PNSO is having a great year and more importantly selling figures at an incredibly cheap price and it is appreciated by those of us who are collectors.

Without a doubt, it is for me the best corythosaurus ever made by a brand of toy dinosaurs, surpassing other brands as I have said before such as Schleich or Toyway by far and I even understand that it is much superior to its Carnegie counterpart but with the difference. that the Carnegie figure is more than thirty years old. I also have to admit that the head is a bit big (although not that much) and the legs too thin, otherwise it is a great figure.

KeU

Congrats.
Caroline is definitely a highlight in any Ornithopod lineup.
Do you happen to have Wilson or Lucas for a comparison shot with Caroline?
Lucio might work too, just to get me a sense of how both will display together.

Dinoxels

Thanks for sharing these images, it appears my opinion on these new ornithopods from PNSO are starting to change for the better.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Jose S.M.

You know what forget about scale! This thing is too big compared to most of my ornithopods but it is beautiful so I will get it! This pictures just convinced me about it.

Bread

Your collection looks wonderful. That repainted PNSO Shant is fantastic as well!

Question about DansDinosaurs, was the shipping fast? I order PNSO off of Amazon, and it usually takes quite a few weeks for any PNSO figures to arrive.

Loon

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 08, 2020, 07:00:51 AM
Great pics!
...Your images make me even more determined to add this one to the growing list of figures from this company that I now own.

Looks like still a couple more releases to come with the teased Parasaurolophus and what looks like a Tyrannosaur of some sort. Can't wait
Thank you, glad I was able to propagandize for Caroline so well. She will be pleased...

Jokes aside, I'm excited to see what they have coming up too. Though, I'm more interested in the Hadrosaur than the Tyrannosaur myself.

Quote from: Faelrin on November 08, 2020, 07:08:46 AM
Congrats on getting your hands on it. Glad to see it was fine despite the environmental troubles.

Wonderful shots of it as well. The comparisons are most useful too. This is definitely a must have for me. Just wondering when I can get around to getting it.
Thank you. I'm very happy Caroline wasn't wrecked outside too, my OCD was already fearful of the package she was in getting wet. Hopefully you can get one soon.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 08, 2020, 09:39:15 AM
Congratulations Loon on your new acquisition. True, the PNSO corythosaurus figure is much better to have physically than to see it in photographs or promotional or collector's videos. I'm so glad you have that new figure. Without a doubt, PNSO is having a great year and more importantly selling figures at an incredibly cheap price and it is appreciated by those of us who are collectors.

Without a doubt, it is for me the best corythosaurus ever made by a brand of toy dinosaurs, surpassing other brands as I have said before such as Schleich or Toyway by far and I even understand that it is much superior to its Carnegie counterpart but with the difference. that the Carnegie figure is more than thirty years old. I also have to admit that the head is a bit big (although not that much) and the legs too thin, otherwise it is a great figure.
Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, and yeah, I agree. These new PNSO figures are very exciting. Though, in starting to feel the strain. That Spinosaurus was $40... Also, I agree that this is the best Corythosaurus, though I do appreciate the charm of the old Carnegie figure.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 08, 2020, 10:16:36 AM
Such a beautiful lineup!
Thanks. She really goes well with a lot of figures.

Quote from: KeU on November 08, 2020, 11:31:50 AM
Congrats.
Caroline is definitely a highlight in any Ornithopod lineup.
Do you happen to have Wilson or Lucas for a comparison shot with Caroline?
Lucio might work too, just to get me a sense of how both will display together.
Thanks. I don't have those Theropods, too big for my display. Though, I do have Nick (I really, really like Ceratosaurus). I have the Amargasaurus, but it's behind the dreaded "Big Table". I'll get a pic of them together and post it in the comparison thread later today. I can say that the do look about the same size, though the tail makes the Sauropod longer, of course.

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 08, 2020, 01:37:58 PM
Thanks for sharing these images, it appears my opinion on these new ornithopods from PNSO are starting to change for the better.
Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 08, 2020, 02:17:20 PM
You know what forget about scale! This thing is too big compared to most of my ornithopods but it is beautiful so I will get it! This pictures just convinced me about it.
Again, I'm very happy to expand the empire of the great and wonderful Caroline.

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. While it is very large, I would definitely not let the scale get in the way, it's magnificent.

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2020, 02:40:15 PM
Your collection looks wonderful. That repainted PNSO Shant is fantastic as well!

Question about DansDinosaurs, was the shipping fast? I order PNSO off of Amazon, and it usually takes quite a few weeks for any PNSO figures to arrive.
Thank you so much, it's on did the few things I can be proud of in my life. Yeah, that Shantungosaurus is definitely a centerpiece in my collection, but that's all thanks to avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos.

As for Dan's, this is the first time I've ordered PNSO figures from them, but it is definitely the fastest I've ever gotten one. It seems Dan is more of a middle man, listing the figures on his site, when they are actually shipped straight from China. It's fast too, only took a little over two weeks to get here after the order date. I'd ordered the Toujiangoasaurus and Lambeosaurus off Model Toy Center on AliExpress a few days earlier and they're still not here.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Loon
As for Dan's, this is the first time I've ordered PNSO figures from them, but it is definitely the fastest I've ever gotten one. It seems Dan is more of a middle man, listing the figures on his site, when they are actually shipped straight from China. It's fast too, only took a little over two weeks to get here after the order date. I'd ordered the Toujiangoasaurus and Lambeosaurus off Model Toy Center on AliExpress a few days earlier and they're still not here.

I'm so glad you posted this. I hate ordering from Amazon but they warehouse a few of the PNSOs and its faster and more reliable than having them shipped from overseas. It looks like the newer releases are still coming direct from China anyway, at which point I'd rather just support Dan.

Bread

avatar_Loon @Loon Thank you for the info! I'll probably be ordering from Dan for now on then. I ordered Wilson from Amazon about 3 weeks ago and it still has not arrived.  :-\

Loon

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 08, 2020, 05:46:28 PM
I'm so glad you posted this. I hate ordering from Amazon but they warehouse a few of the PNSOs and its faster and more reliable than having them shipped from overseas. It looks like the newer releases are still coming direct from China anyway, at which point I'd rather just support Dan.

Yeah, I'd prefer to buy from Dan, and now that his site is so much more user friendly, I'll probably stop buying from Aliexpress altogether, at least for PNSO. Aside from the shipping speed, it was just far more nicely packed. I can not tell you how much I enjoyed getting a figure from china that wasn't covered in styrofoam.

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2020, 06:21:56 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon Thank you for the info! I'll probably be ordering from Dan for now on then. I ordered Wilson from Amazon about 3 weeks ago and it still has not arrived.  :-\

You're welcome. I also hope your Wilson gets to you soon!

Halichoeres

It's a winner. And only mildly out of scale with contemporaries and other hadrosaur figures. Looking forward to your review.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Thanks so much for the lovely photos of Caroline, avatar_Loon @Loon.  I particularly enjoyed the head-on shot.  Thanks too for the warning over those spindly digits - I'll be careful unpacking.

I'm definitely in the "want" group and have been from first sight.  But I'm holding out for her and her "friends" to arrive at Everything Dinosaur, which means around Christmas/New Year.  Mike and Sue treat their customers exceptionally well and I went them to continue as my "local".  So I'm supporting them as much as I can - I think it's something we should all bear in mind in these times that are so difficult for retailers, assuming we don't have to worry about whether things are a pound or two more expensive here or there.  (If I were in the US, I'd be ordering from Dan's Dinosaurs.)

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 09, 2020, 01:32:33 AM
It's a winner. And only mildly out of scale with contemporaries and other hadrosaur figures. Looking forward to your review.

Hopefully, I can get it up soon, but with school taking up so much time and work starting soon, I can't make any promises. I've barely started the I-Toy Paraceratherium review, and I got that, what, a month or so ago, I think?

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 09, 2020, 02:10:49 PM
Thanks so much for the lovely photos of Caroline, avatar_Loon @Loon.  I particularly enjoyed the head-on shot.  Thanks too for the warning over those spindly digits - I'll be careful unpacking.

I'm definitely in the "want" group and have been from first sight.  But I'm holding out for her and her "friends" to arrive at Everything Dinosaur, which means around Christmas/New Year.  Mike and Sue treat their customers exceptionally well and I went them to continue as my "local".  So I'm supporting them as much as I can - I think it's something we should all bear in mind in these times that are so difficult for retailers, assuming we don't have to worry about whether things are a pound or two more expensive here or there.  (If I were in the US, I'd be ordering from Dan's Dinosaurs.)

You're welcome. And yes, Everything Dinosaur is fantastic. Mike and Sue are such great people, and it is a little sad that I soon may not be able to buy from them anymore. At least, if what I read somewhere on the forum is true, shipping from the UK to the US is going to get far more expensive.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely collection, Coralie the Corythosaurus looks gorgeous  and actually scales far better with the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus and Papo Gorgosaurus than Duke the Spinops does who is actually closer to 1:20 scale.
I'm still planning on getting this one when Everything Dinosaur gets their stuff in next year.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 10, 2020, 12:31:43 AM
Lovely collection, Coralie the Corythosaurus looks gorgeous  and actually scales far better with the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus and Papo Gorgosaurus than Duke the Spinops does who is actually closer to 1:20 scale.
I'm still planning on getting this one when Everything Dinosaur gets their stuff in next year.

Thanks. Also thanks for alerting me about Duke's scale. I try to put all the Dinosaur Park Formation figures together based on scale, and I had just assumed he was 1/35.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: