You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Mine's stuck in customs, but I hope to have it this week (along with the other two I ordered). Nice photos!

Quote from: Loon on March 30, 2021, 10:03:17 AM
my grasping attempts at squeezing some form of enjoyment out of this hobby
This bums me out. Do you know what's taking the joy out of it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 30, 2021, 12:26:06 PM
CollectA is still getting better every year. What a lovely Company.

EDIT: I love the Groupshot. I maybe saved it, to look at it and feel good about liking what i see. Maybe.

Totally, they're quickly becoming my favorite.

Also, I'm happy you liked that picture.

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 30, 2021, 04:43:31 PM
Mine's stuck in customs, but I hope to have it this week (along with the other two I ordered). Nice photos!

Quote from: Loon on March 30, 2021, 10:03:17 AM
my grasping attempts at squeezing some form of enjoyment out of this hobby
This bums me out. Do you know what's taking the joy out of it?

Hopefully you get it soon, it's fantastic.

As for that crossed-out bit. Sorry about that, it was meant as a half-joke, half-real thing. I really can't say why I'm just so down about collecting atm. Obviously, I still enjoy it and such, but I don't know, maybe I just need to get off the internet.

I should have waited till today to share my recent gets, because PNSO's Pinacosaurus showed up!

I like this thing, I really do. I really enjoy the bold colors, even if they've been dulled a bit much, and the weird oversized bumps actually work here, since this thing is already such a spikey figure.

It's just...that price. $25 for this? I don't get it, and I'm sure someone will try to explain it, but I feel like I spent $10 too much. Oh well, it arrived quite sometime after I paid for it, so it doesn't sting so much.

With my other Djadochta figures, see what I mean about the size?

This was meant to be a joke about how low to the ground this figure is, but as I was gathering figures to put in the shot, I realized I have a ton of low-to-ground figures (this isn't even all of them).

Bread

Quote from: Loon on March 31, 2021, 02:37:08 AM
It's just...that price. $25 for this? I don't get it, and I'm sure someone will try to explain it, but I feel like I spent $10 too much. Oh well, it arrived quite sometime after I paid for it, so it doesn't sting so much.
You are 100% right, $25 is way too much for that figure. I don't know why PNSO set the price so high for this figure compared to their 2019 Ankylosaurus and 2020 Lambeosaurus, which both have a much better paint application and they are both bigger than the Pinacosaurus.

Anyways, lovely photos! I need that Mamenchisaurus!!! It is outstanding! Is minizoo good for U.S. buyers?

Loon

Quote from: Bread on March 31, 2021, 03:40:40 AM
Quote from: Loon on March 31, 2021, 02:37:08 AM
You are 100% right, $25 is way too much for that figure. I don't know why PNSO set the price so high for this figure compared to their 2019 Ankylosaurus and 2020 Lambeosaurus, which both have a much better paint application and they are both bigger than the Pinacosaurus.

Anyways, lovely photos! I need that Mamenchisaurus!!! It is outstanding! Is minizoo good for U.S. buyers?

Thanks! Also, yeah, I remember paying less than $20 for that Ankylosaurus, and it's got almost twice as much plastic.

Also, I love using Minizoo. Of course, I'm in California, so shipping is really low and relatively quick. That combined with the fact that the figures are far cheaper than anywhere else, I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Leyster

Wow, the Mamenchisaurus is amazing! A must buy for sure, and half the price of the PNSO version. Thanks for your photos!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

ceratopsian

The Mamenchisaurus is a definitely on my list - thanks for some nice clear images of it!

Kapitaenosavrvs

As for that crossed-out bit. Sorry about that, it was meant as a half-joke, half-real thing. I really can't say why I'm just so down about collecting atm. Obviously, I still enjoy it and such, but I don't know, maybe I just need to get off the internet.
#

Sorry for entering your personal Building, but this is something i did quite a lot and it helps. If you really want to. Cutting Social Media from my life (Exept this Forum) made things better (Or just deleting the Apps from your Phone, if you use it 24/7). I have a Sticker on my Laptop that says " The Internet destroys your life.". It is kind of true for me. Wanting to cut the Internet completely is a wish, but never works. Its too harsh. Too much. And if youre failing your own rules by "getting back to the Internet", you have a fine and beautiful negative experience. I have Years of Expierience with these topics and am chronically ill. Which is not that seldom around here, so it seems. But i think thats stuff you already know.

Everyone handles Stuff different. But it sounds like the collecting isn't the main problem here. I am sorry for being that personal (You barely know me), but i like a lot of the People here and you are one of the People that bring a bit Energy with them. And the Tools for Internetcommunication and humor.

Kitten Calendar 2021: Be nice to yourself.
Yes, i know. :D

Halichoeres

No need to be sorry, I sometimes feel that way too about things I once enjoyed. Here's to your health.

Meanwhile, I like the shot of all the ground huggers. Like they're all getting ready for a pushup contest.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I would also like to thank you for the Mamenchisaurus size comparison. It is a beautiful figure, and your photo has been the most helpful to me in working out the size of the figure.
As for the price of the Pinacosaurus, I just tend to think of things costing more in the UK than the US all the time anyway. That's all that is to be that is and will ever be.

And I'm sorry that collecting isn't as exciting to you anymore, I wish you well
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

I just want to say thanks to everyone for their comments. There are a lot of you to reply to, so I hope you understand that I don't want to fill the thread with me trying to find different ways to say "thanks."

As for my health, I appreciate the nice words and advice given. I think I just need some fresh air, I have to get out of the house more and go for walks or something, which will be now extra helpful since I found out that I may be diabetic yesterday. Yay!!!

Whatever. I just have to say thanks to everyone here for everything, I really appreciate you guys checking these posts out.

Anyway, back to the display.

I've been wanting to share pictures of the next few shelves I've dusted. This time we're finally, really entering the age of dinoSNORES!!!

This is my non-Morrison Triassic shelf.

This display needs a bit of work in terms of "blocking," to steal a term from the theatre. The Mamenchisaurus is a far bigger boi than I was expecting, so, it doesn't really work with my west-to-east placement since it blocks the Atlasaurus a bit more than I'd like. I'm also not crazy about how the little guys block the Sauropod feet, which may sound weird, but well, look whose thread you're in.

Now, for the Morrison Formation shelf.

This is the only one dedicated solely to one formation, so, it's a good job (no, I am not British) that they're all relatively close to scale, give or take a bit (just squint). Well, except for the Apatosaurus, but of course that figure messes everything up. I'm just not crazy about it...

Well, we've finally entered the most overproduced period of the Mesozoic, it's the early Cretaceous shelf. This means we only have about 60 million years and 4 shelves (seriously) until these losers get owned by that space rock.

I kid, of course, because this is also one of my favorite shelves because the large bathroom trays contain what is secretly my favorite Mesozoic formation, the Yixian!!!

Finally, the last shelf for today, the second early Cretaceous shelf.

You'll notice I broke my west-to-east rule here (which, wouldn't be the first time, see the Paleozoic shelf). Oh well, I can't find a way in which Koolasuchus is on the right that looks good, so this will due. This has another one of my mini-shelves for the Weald Clay formation, which I really like, because (A) it has my second favorite dinosaur figure, the CollectA Iguanodon, and (B) because all the figures featured are pretty close to scale.

Well, that's all for now. I'll probably post the rest of the Cretaceous shelves this weekend.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Beautiful. The Atlasaurus and the CollectA Memenchi just look wonderful next to each other. Maybe its the CollectAs natural look and the details in the Direction of Eofauna. I really can't wait for it here. Also, the both have their extremes. One does have the long Legs, the other one the long Neck.

Granpa Apatosaurus looks fine. He just needs to lay down an sleep a bit.

stoneage

I do like the way you've spaced things out instead of cramming everything on the shelf in such a way that you can hardly see some of it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I just want to add in regard to the last picture, that I also love to look at sauropod feet (when accurate) so it's good to see yours.

Also I love these, Yixian is a favourite of mine, but Wessex is the favourite for me. Baryonyx and Iguanodon, and I love little Hypsilophodon too. I'm glad I got that before CollectA discontinued it. I see you also can't find a Polacanthus you like? I don't really like either but have kept both the CollectA and Walking with Dinosaurs ones for now.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

I know I'm a bit late in responding, but I wanted to say great work with all the shelves, and fixing them up by time and formation when possible. The size comparisons help as well (if not the displays themselves too).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 02, 2021, 01:13:47 AM
I just want to add in regard to the last picture, that I also love to look at sauropod feet (when accurate) so it's good to see yours.

Also I love these, Yixian is a favourite of mine, but Wessex is the favourite for me. Baryonyx and Iguanodon, and I love little Hypsilophodon too. I'm glad I got that before CollectA discontinued it. I see you also can't find a Polacanthus you like? I don't really like either but have kept both the CollectA and Walking with Dinosaurs ones for now.

Yeah, I wish CollectA would make more figures like that, it would allow us to get small species to scale. Also, as for Polacanthus, I've had the WWD, but, it's just not a species I have a ton of interest in. Though I'm sure if Safari or CollectA came out with a really good one, I'd buy it.

Quote from: Faelrin on April 03, 2021, 01:36:02 AM
I know I'm a bit late in responding, but I wanted to say great work with all the shelves, and fixing them up by time and formation when possible. The size comparisons help as well (if not the displays themselves too).

Thank you! Not only does it make for more organized displays, but I feel it makes me appreciate the figures a bit more, oddly.

Loon

Alright, we've finally hit the bottom shelves of the main bookcase aka the late Cretaceous shelves.

First up is what has to be my least favorite shelf in the main display. Just too empty.

This is the late cretaceous Canada shelf.

The latest Cretaceous "everywhere but North America" shelf is up next.

And finally, the end of the non-avian dinosaurs is represented by latest Cretaceous North America.

That's it for now, I'll probably post the rest sometime next weekend.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Lovely as expected :)
Also love your Signature. I saw it on the Weekend and couldn't wait for the Shelves. And from today on, the new CollectAs are available at Urzeitshop, so i can enjoy the Mamanchi. And the EoFauna Triceratops...

And yes, the first shelf looks a bit empty in the Back. But its not awful :-D

Libraraptor

Faelrin

I really do like spotting some of the figures I don't yet have, alongside the ones I do have in your collection (such as the PNSO Lambeosaurus and Safari Styracosaurus for example). Really helps with planning things out.

I also really love these formation displays too. I would be tempted but don't have the space currently (well without sacrificing space that's been reserved for future acquisitions).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: