News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

Guys guys guys!
Zhao Chuang did a 20 min video review on his new Wilson!
Some many interesting insights which I put in the "PNSO dinosaurs" thread, post #2967
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.2967
You definitely want to have a look. Have fun!

And my apologies not posting it here, because 2020 is ending. Don't know if anyone will check back on here in 2021.
"PNSO dinosaurs" thread seems a more stable place to post.
Also I agree with Gothmog the Baryonyx and the others, PNSO don't have a yearly production plan so why we split it up for them?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 20, 2020, 11:13:59 AM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I realize that I did have bit of a weird angle when lining up the skull, so here is another attempt to prove my point.

It appears the sculptor did an excellent job of making sure the front of the skull looked correct, but as we move back it looks as if the skull of the figure is rather more like a juvenile Tyrannosaurus.

I think you're still overestimating the size of the skull. You're not taking into account the layers of soft tissue and keratin the actual bone would be lying under. And again, the image you're using is at an angle, which makes accurate comparisons with side-view skeletals rather challenging.
I'm waiting for direct sideview images of the head-sculpt so that better comparisons can be made.

I believe this is PNSO's reconstruction of AMNH-5027 (from Zhao's video).

Dinoxels

Quote from: Flaffy on December 21, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I realize that I did have bit of a weird angle when lining up the skull, so here is another attempt to prove my point.

It appears the sculptor did an excellent job of making sure the front of the skull looked correct, but as we move back it looks as if the skull of the figure is rather more like a juvenile Tyrannosaurus.

I think you're still overestimating the size of the skull. You're not taking into account the layers of soft tissue and keratin the actual bone would be lying under. And again, the image you're using is at an angle, which makes accurate comparisons with side-view skeletals rather challenging.
I'm waiting for direct sideview images of the head-sculpt so that better comparisons can be made.

I am in no way saying that the head is too bulky. I am trying to explain that the skull is larger then the head itself. I see that PNSO has attached their own image, but that skull looks line none of the skulls I looked at representing AMNH-5027. As for you saying the reason why my critique is wrong just because of an angle issue, I made sure that the picture of the figure I had had the same angle as the skull itself. As you can see in this comparison image, I made sure that both the skull and the head lined up almost perfectly in size. I am in no way saying that the head is too large and not taking into account soft tissue. The picture clearly represents that head is too small to line up with the skull. If you still disagree with me, that's fine. This is just my opinion based on facts I observed.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 21, 2020, 11:00:05 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on December 21, 2020, 10:43:27 AM

I am in no way saying that the head is too bulky. I am trying to explain that the skull is larger then the head itself. I see that PNSO has attached their own image, but that skull looks line none of the skulls I looked at representing AMNH-5027. As for you saying the reason why my critique is wrong just because of an angle issue, I made sure that the picture of the figure I had had the same angle as the skull itself. As you can see in this comparison image, I made sure that both the skull and the head lined up almost perfectly in size. I am in no way saying that the head is too large and not taking into account soft tissue. The picture clearly represents that head is too small to line up with the skull. If you still disagree with me, that's fine. This is just my opinion based on facts I observed.

I didn't say that you claimed that the head is too bulky/large, dunno where you got that from. What I'm saying is that the fact that you directly translated the length of the head (figure) to the length of the skull is the issue itself.
"I made sure that both the skull and the head lined up almost perfectly in size."
See this is the issue, you did not take into account the soft tissue and keratin that would've increased the length and height of the head in certain areas. Hence scaling a bare skull to the exact same size as a flesh covered head is inherently problematic.

The angles are clearly not the same. The skeletal is in a direct profile view, whist the figure is tilted towards the camera, evident by the fact that you can see the right side of the jaw and jaw-muscle. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

On Zhao's 5027 reconstruction, I agree that it is a weird take on the specimen. Which is probably why some issues are present on the figure itself.

PrimevalRaptor

Personally not to big on the lipless, fully-scaled look (and the scales do appear a bit large for an animal this size, but I can appreciate the sculpting) but man this is nice to see after all those JP T.rex out there and I just LOVE the bulk, reminds me of the new Sue model. I feel in terms of scaly Tyrannosaurus models, this may be the one to get if you only want one.

Bread

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 21, 2020, 08:21:12 AM
That's why they shouldn't be an unnecessary split between  2020 releases and 2021 releases, they are the same batch, amd as far as I in the UK is concerned, only the Microraptor was actually released in 2020, even if Everything Dinosaur gets the shipment with Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, Borealopelta, Tuojiangosaurus, Spinosaurus, Atopodentatus and Pachyrhinosaurus in tomorrow, none of them will arrive with customers until 2021 anyway
That is on Everything Dinosaur, you or anyone else could order them from a different store weeks ago and receive them in 2020, which in my opinion the ones you have mentioned I consider 2020 releases. However, I do see your point with the thread splitting. I will say that PNSO release their figures in a different way than most if not all companies, so I can see why there is a split for 2020 and 2021. Also, there was a hint to a future 2021 figure, the Allosaurus, which is for sure a 2021 release.

Faelrin

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Thanks for the comparison images. It looks wonderful next to the new Spinosaurus and even the limited Triceratops repaint. I'm guessing it due to the pose but the old Wilson looks a little bigger?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Bread on December 21, 2020, 01:28:10 PM
That's why they shouldn't be an unnecessary split between  2020 releases and 2021 releases, they are the same batch, amd as far as I in the UK is concerned, only the Microraptor was actually released in 2020, even if Everything Dinosaur gets the shipment with Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, Borealopelta, Tuojiangosaurus, Spinosaurus, Atopodentatus and Pachyrhinosaurus in tomorrow, none of them will arrive with customers until 2021 anyway
That is on Everything Dinosaur, you or anyone else could order them from a different store weeks ago and receive them in 2020, which in my opinion the ones you have mentioned I consider 2020 releases. However, I do see your point with the thread splitting. I will say that PNSO release their figures in a different way than most if not all companies, so I can see why there is a split for 2020 and 2021. Also, there was a hint to a future 2021 figure, the Allosaurus, which is for sure a 2021 release.
and play hot potato with customs duties? Better not. Though I did risk it on 2 of them, but I'm counting then as early releases.
But just because I count something as something doesn't mean it is that something. Well I am still against the artificial divide between 2020 and 2021.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on December 19, 2020, 11:34:28 PM
avatar_Sim @Sim I was starting to wonder if that was the case but haven't had the chance to double check yet. Sue is a larger headed specimen right?

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, Sue is a larger headed specimen as far as I can tell.

Flaffy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 21, 2020, 06:53:40 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 21, 2020, 01:28:10 PM
and play hot potato with customs duties? Better not. Though I did risk it on 2 of them, but I'm counting then as early releases.
But just because I count something as something doesn't mean it is that something. Well I am still against the artificial divide between 2020 and 2021.
If it's available to customers in 2020, then it's a 2020 release. People over in Asia have had these in-hand for weeks(ish) now.
I don't see how there can be any debate over this. If it arrives late in your place of residence then that's unfortunate, but it doesn't mean that the figure was released late.

Stegotyranno420

So sorry about change of topic, but out of all the sites, which one has the best price?

Faelrin

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I guess it depends where you are. If in the US it looks like Dan's Dinosaurs maybe the cheapest option currently (maybe including shipping into the total. I don't know because I haven't checked. I'm not in a position to buy new figures right now).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

Yeah, it looks like Dan's is the cheapest option for those in the US. They're charging $17 for shipping on top of the $60 price tag, which puts it below Amazon.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

I am in the US, but I ordered from Aliexpress, Model Toy Center. Same price as Dan's store in total. Hopefully it will arrive within a month.... The seller has yet to mark it as shipped, I did order it the day it was released.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 21, 2020, 10:13:41 AM
No one seems to have posted these in hand images of the "Winter Wilson", so here you go:

Thanks for the pics! Dang... old Wilson looks like new Wilson's great-grandpa. Or what new Wilson would look like if you buried him in Pet Cemetary and he came back. Sometimes dead is better :P

SidB

Yes, the lighting makes all the difference with Wilson v.1. Mine is on display in a relatively low-light area and doesn't look a fraction so, ah, desiccated. The harsh light makes his appearance sort of "otherworldly," and not in any positive sense.

Sim

Those last two posts are hilarious!

CityRaptor

Obviously the new one is Wilson before he met Dennis the Menace while the old one is Wilson after he met Dennis.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bread

Wonder if PNSO are going to do more remakes of their old figures? Doyle the Triceratops is somewhat out of scale for new Wilson. I also saw others mention a new iteration of Lucas the Giganotosaurus is needed. I could see PNSO doing this if Wilson becomes a big seller for them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: