You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is your least favorite dinosaur?

Started by brontosauruschuck, March 22, 2020, 07:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontosauruschuck

Everyone always asks what your favorite dinosaur is, nobody ever asks which one you like the least.

Of course, that's probably because we usually love them all.

I guess hadrosaurs are probably the dinosaurs I'm least interested in, but even then, I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to be interested in hadrosaurs if you look.

The prehistoric animal I would least want to run into is probably Arthropleura.

Libraraptor

If I was to choose,  I would take Ankylosaurs most probably.

Loon

Maybe Giganotosaurus or Carcharadontosaurus? I just find them really uninteresting.

Shonisaurus

For starters I like all dinosaurs without distinction and even that I like all prehistoric and even extinct animals that are not dinosaurs.

Perhaps the least interesting is the hysilophodon and the orodromeus are dinosaurs that perhaps do not have much history compared to other species. Perhaps because of its size? Or rather, perhaps because they do not have unusual characteristics compared to other dinosaurs?

Sarapaurolophus

T.Rex and all those Jurassic World/Park inspired raptors. Maybe that's cheating as I am into the normal animals, but I am so fed up with those movie creatures. And I say this as a JP fan :P

When it comes to collecting I am not big on the ankylosaurs. They look really cool but I just have no need to buy one.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I would have to say my least favourite dinosaur is Tyrannosaurus rex. Though many of the large scaly carnivorous theropods are amongst my least favourite.

And it is also not to my liking when people dislike Hadrosaurs, but that's not what you're asking.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lanthanotus

Shooting from the hip I`d say T. rex. But that does not really count for the animal/species itself, but more for the overall attention it gets, especially in its JP rendition. I barely can count how often I meet a T. rex per day, on shirts and other clothes, media, toys, advertisements, you name it. And whenever there`s any modeller or toy company announces a new model I am hardly surprised to find it be another T. rex - and to the maximum surprise, just another JP "inspired", better so say copied, model.

Wehn it comes to the real animals or their fossil remains, I guess hadrosaurs and ceratopsians are those that interest me the least.

Jose S.M.

I don't really have a least favorite dinosaur ir group of  dinosaurs but if I had to pick one ir would be largue theropods in general. Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Allosaurus and such, they don't really interest me so much. I'm more of a sauropod, ornithopod and ceratopsian guy.

brontosauruschuck

Hadrosaurs don't interest me in the same way that ballet didn't interest me until I randomly read a blog post about the five positions and since then I've read like 12 books on ballet and taken two classes and seen several performances. Like, all it would take is a blog post and hadrosaurs is the only thing I'd want to talk about for months. I know that about myself and I love that about myself.

Stegotyranno420

I'd say small basal ornithischians like lesothosaurus, bland and boring ornithopods like rhabodon, and those  weird early avians like confuciornis
I still like them, just I prefer sauropods, stegosaurs, ceratopsians and large scaly theropods like t rex, rajasaurus, and giganotosaurus over them.

CityRaptor

BARNEY!
Just Barney.

Okay, also all those "Dinosaurs" on eBay that are obviously dragons.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

I cant say there is a Dinosaur that i dislike.     I like All dinosaurs Equaly, no matter what size they are, or what they look like.

However, i will say i grew less interest in other Prehistoric creatures over the years, While most people are wanting companys to create more figures of animals such as thrapsisds, Amphibians, Pterosaurs, and Cenozoic Mammals.

stargatedalek

Not a dinosaur, but megalodon.

If it must be a dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus. Or at least the pop culture blandness Tyrannosaurus has come to represent, as there are occasional interesting renditions (including inaccurate, typically fantastical, ones).

Gwangi

Concavenator

I don't really care for ankylosaurids too much. I prefer nodosaurids.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 22, 2020, 10:29:55 PM
BARNEY!
Just Barney.

Okay, also all those "Dinosaurs" on eBay that are obviously dragons.

I think this was the best  response.

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on March 22, 2020, 10:16:55 PM
I'd say small basal ornithischians like lesothosaurus

Off topic, but, this is the first time I've heard about Lesothosaurus in a while. I remember using it as an example of basal ornithischians in a "encyclopedia" program I made for a computer coding class.

Back on topic, I should cexpand on my earlier post. I feel similar to many on the subject of boring depictions post-Jurassic Park of Velociraptor and T. rex. But I feel like at least they earned their fame. Big Theropods like Acrocanthosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Carcharadontosaurus have never interested me because they haven't ever been portrayed as interestingly as the raptors or Tyrannosaurus. They're famous for being big, scary Theropods; which is incredibly boring to me.

Dinoxels

Probably Heterodontosaurus, just because I saw the same reconstruction of it preening it's hand far too much growing up.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on March 22, 2020, 09:54:05 PM
Hadrosaurs don't interest me in the same way that ballet didn't interest me until I randomly read a blog post about the five positions and since then I've read like 12 books on ballet and taken two classes and seen several performances. Like, all it would take is a blog post and hadrosaurs is the only thing I'd want to talk about for months. I know that about myself and I love that about myself.

Hadrosaurs need more hype.

Maybe we need a movie showcasing several hadrosaurs killing a bunch of people to make them look cool and badass to the public :P
Disney's iguanodons didnt have a lasting effect either, despite being such an iconic fossil.

Mattel's recent Edmontosaurus is oddly small and doesn't even have a unique call/sound gimmick when it could be a large and in charge figure to spice up the herbivore roster a bit. But no.
Hadrosaurs could get a way better rep if toy makers wanted to.

Avian

Not that I mind Tyrannosaurus itself, but it is just way too overdone and publicized, when there are plenty of way cooler dinosaurs out there. Other than that, I find all dinosaurs interesting.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: