News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
All he said was some non-dinos.  You guys might want to check your expectations a little, otherwise you're going to accidentally disappoint yourselves.

I'm not worried.

Balaur

Some pre-dinos, and then plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, and mosasaurs thrown in. And then, pterosaurs, and I shall br happy for ever.   ;D

Anyways, we need more ichthyosaurs, especially a Shastasaurus or Shonisaurus. And I need a non-for the the love of David Peters Dimorphodon! Sorry, I'm really amped for next year. ;)

SBell

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 25, 2012, 02:54:10 AM
Some pre-dinos, and then plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, and mosasaurs thrown in. And then, pterosaurs, and I shall br happy for ever.   ;D

Anyways, we need more ichthyosaurs, especially a Shastasaurus or Shonisaurus. And I need a non-for the the love of David Peters Dimorphodon! Sorry, I'm really amoed for next year. ;)

That means "Non-David Peters-esque"? Right? Because I almost read it that you wanted something to actually be based on his 'work'.  By the by, the new work on pterosaur phylogeny must drive him a little nuts! Pterosaurs as basal archosauriformes! Not even crown-group archosaurs! Imagine!  :P

Abstract here:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08912963.2012.725727?journalCode=ghbi20

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2012, 03:04:09 AM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 25, 2012, 02:54:10 AM

Anyways, we need more ichthyosaurs, especially a Shastasaurus or Shonisaurus. And I need a non-for the the love of David Peters Dimorphodon! Sorry, I'm really amoed for next year. ;)

That means "Non-David Peters-esque"? Right? Because I almost read it that you wanted something to actually be based on his 'work'.  By the by, the new work on pterosaur phylogeny must drive him a little nuts! Pterosaurs as basal archosauriformes! Not even crown-group archosaurs! Imagine!  :P

Abstract here:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08912963.2012.725727?journalCode=ghbi20

Yes, I meant Non-David Peters-esque. I was also playing on the saying "for the love of Pete" but that was a lame way to use it.  :P

Peters must be trying to manipulate fossil photos right now to prove his fantasy.  :P

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Gwangi on September 25, 2012, 02:26:24 AM
All he said was some non-dinos.  You guys might want to check your expectations a little, otherwise you're going to accidentally disappoint yourselves.

I'm not worried.

Neither am I, anything non-dinosaur has to be good.  ^-^ I hope I don't regret saying that!

Kikimalou

From STS cogitations... With love  :-*

SBell

Quote from: Kikimalou on September 25, 2012, 06:38:29 AM
From STS cogitations... With love  :-*

We've seen this photo here before--there's a few things from its pages we've yet to see produced:

http://wmbsculptor.tripod.com/id3.html

In particular the stranger things, like some of the deep sea figures and the cave toob.

CityRaptor

Any non-Dinosaur that is not a mammal is pretty much welcome. 

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 25, 2012, 02:17:11 AM
A pterosaur toob would make lots of people (myself included) very happy.  I have been hoping for some smaller pterosaur models for a long time now.

Indeed.  Pterosaur-wise, so far I'm mainly stuck with Pteranodons ( and Geosternbergia ) and Pterodactylus.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2012, 11:46:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 24, 2012, 11:14:00 PM
... Estemmenosuchus would be nice. More non-dinosaur archosaurs would also be appreciated, similar to the Postosuchus.

Estemmenosuchus reminds me of a samurai :) It's a really good choice since none of the mainstream companies (e.g. Safari Ltd./Papo/CollectA/Schleich) have ever attempted one.

You too? Yes, very Samurai-like in my Opinion. Especially if colorful.
Kenner made one. But a better one would be nice.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arrancon

I hope there is a Moeritherium, I can't remember if anyone made one of them. Also, I'm all in for a Pterosaur toob as well!

SBell

Quote from: Dinobot on September 25, 2012, 06:29:31 PM
I hope there is a Moeritherium, I can't remember if anyone made one of them. Also, I'm all in for a Pterosaur toob as well!

There's a good Starlux one.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 25, 2012, 04:22:43 PM
Any non-Dinosaur that is not a mammal is pretty much welcome. 

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 25, 2012, 02:17:11 AM
A pterosaur toob would make lots of people (myself included) very happy.  I have been hoping for some smaller pterosaur models for a long time now.

Indeed.  Pterosaur-wise, so far I'm mainly stuck with Pteranodons ( and Geosternbergia ) and Pterodactylus.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2012, 11:46:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 24, 2012, 11:14:00 PM
... Estemmenosuchus would be nice. More non-dinosaur archosaurs would also be appreciated, similar to the Postosuchus.

Estemmenosuchus reminds me of a samurai :) It's a really good choice since none of the mainstream companies (e.g. Safari Ltd./Papo/CollectA/Schleich) have ever attempted one.

You too? Yes, very Samurai-like in my Opinion. Especially if colorful.
Kenner made one. But a better one would be nice.

I like the Kenner one too though, I hope to get one someday. We really do need a museum quality model though. Such a strange looking animal, I'm kinda surprised it is not more popular.

CityRaptor

Yes, it is not bad. I actually have one. Although one thing about them that bothers me, is that they are all misassembled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTz8rKJk-Vw
Yes, like that, and I'm afraid to take mine apart to fix that.

With better, I meant museum quality and well, you know all limbs where they belong.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 25, 2012, 10:09:51 PM
Yes, it is not bad. I actually have one. Although one thing about them that bothers me, is that they are all misassembled.

Yes, like that, and I'm afraid to take mine apart to fix that.

With better, I meant museum quality and well, you know all limbs where they belong.

Yeah, I have one too, and it's the same thing--an easy fix, but it would require breakage as well. Too bad I sold my spare, I could have tried it out.

It would also be nice to be rid of the silly 'dino damage' patch.

And just to save grief--there are no (prehistoric) synapsids. There, I said it. That leaves lots of room for speculation, but should settle that particular train of thought.  Safari once told me that mammals are off the table for the foreseeable future (contractual reasons, but that's all they would say).

But you'll still like what they have got coming, probably.

CityRaptor

So no Prehistoric Mammals and no Synapsids. ( Interesting that they have some kind of "No Mammal" Contract )
Hmm, maybe we get some more Anapsids. Or Crocs for that matter. Crocoduck! Anatosuchus would go well with their Kaprosuchus.

Any words about Invertebrates?
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 25, 2012, 10:36:44 PM
So no Prehistoric Mammals and no Synapsids. ( Interesting that they have some kind of "No Mammal" Contract )
Hmm, maybe we get some more Anapsids. Or Crocs for that matter. Crocoduck! Anatosuchus would go well with their Kaprosuchus.

Any words about Invertebrates?

Shame about the mammals. All well, I'm sure I'll like whatever they make. I'm not too picky as long as the quality is there. Some more crocs would be cool.

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2012, 11:23:46 PM
Quote from: Seijun on September 25, 2012, 11:04:30 PM
I thought only carnegie was not allowed to do mammals?

It's a weird story--what I had heard (and mentioned), I heard from the very top of Safari. Maybe there is some confusion. Maybe they just weren't worthwhile as a business venture. She wouldn't say, except that there were contract reasons. This conversation was from 4 years ago or so, but I see no reason to believe anything has changed (or will).

Strange... However, with this evidence, I think it supports my wish that the toob is the pterosaur toob.  ;D

tanystropheus

LOL, I'm not expecting anything more than a glossy-black Microraptor (repaint)  :D  :-X

Blade-of-the-Moon

If they're non-dinos there are still a lot I would want. Pterosaurs, several more prehistoric marine reptiles..a larger Nothosaurus like the toob one would great by me.  An Edaphosaurus and other early reptiles would be cool as well. I'll , 2nd, 3rd or whatever the desire for a ptero toob.  ;)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 26, 2012, 02:11:02 AM
An Edaphosaurus and other early reptiles   ;)

>:( What did I say about synapsids  ;D

Ikessauro

Now I'm really inclined to think there's some sort of amphibian coming. And the Bully Mastodonsaurus being re-released may have been an influence.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: