News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

I'm hoping for more pterosaurs (cant have enough of them), Burgess Shale replicas and maybe some of the more unusual Triassic non-synapsid reptiles. I would also love a decent toob that had a variety of prehistoric fish (ancanthodans, Placoderms, jawless fishes, basal ray-finned, etc). 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on September 26, 2012, 02:47:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 26, 2012, 02:11:02 AM
An Edaphosaurus and other early reptiles   ;)

>:( What did I say about synapsids  ;D

lol What ? A guy can't cling to hope ?  ;D

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 26, 2012, 04:26:24 AM

hope in the face of futility is just kind of sad ;D--as I said, I have actually seen the document, I know what's coming.

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on September 26, 2012, 04:28:47 AM

hope in the face of futility is just kind of sad ;D--as I said, I have actually seen the document, I know what's coming.

But, no Repenomamus? Or Mesozoic mammals? No Mesozoic synapsids?  :'(

SBell

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 26, 2012, 04:46:02 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 26, 2012, 04:28:47 AM

But, no Repenomamus? Or Mesozoic mammals? No Mesozoic synapsids?  :'(

So when I said no mammals/synapsids...? I guess we can all hold out hope that there may be even more surprises in store, but given how broad the entire document (it was a 2013 preview, so everything from Safari is covered) I can't imagine there being much more they could add.

ZoPteryx

Sbell, did that top secret document happen to include any more offerings from Carnegie?

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 26, 2012, 05:29:22 AM
Sbell, did that top secret document happen to include any more offerings from Carnegie?

Sorry, there's nothing more I can say.

Kikimalou

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2012, 02:21:04 PM

We've seen this photo here before--there's a few things from its pages we've yet to see produced:

http://wmbsculptor.tripod.com/id3.html

In particular the stranger things, like some of the deep sea figures and the cave toob.

Ok my mistake ;)

We have seen them too, I can't wait to see those toobs  8)

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on September 26, 2012, 06:44:06 AM

Awww... Come on October! Come already!    >:(

DinoToyForum

You BIG tease too. "I'm just logging on to let you know I know something you don't know"  ;D :P

tyrantqueen

I don't want to sound mean, but really, what's the point of people leaving messages saying they know what future releases are, but then saying they can't give away details or say anything.

If that's the case, why say anything at all? :-\

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

A lot of other companies come with new prehistoric mammals

Mojo comes for sure with 3(i know for sure)
a brontotherium
a deinotherium
a surprice

Bullyland we know olready 2(2 sabers)

CollectA shal come with the 2 other neandertals(as seen on there display)

So prehistoric mammals and people are there in 2013

and what i like to see are some dead prehistoric mammals

STORMnl  aka  Martien

ps

so Safari can't stay behind,they shal have new prehistoric mammals in 2014(i hope)
The Return Of The Mammoth's

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 26, 2012, 08:21:55 AM

You BIG tease too. "I'm just logging on to let you know I know something you don't know"  ;D :P

If they keep asking, I have to keep saying something.  Perhaps that's why Dan says nothing else at all. It's like this every year I suppose. Although in that particular quote I was really just trying to be clever, but it wound up looking highlight-y.

As for the Mojo thing, keep in mind that what they say they are making is really just 'plans' as those were the top picks on Facebook. We'll see if they actually go through with it (keeping in mind that the Bully re-releases and CollectA brontothere were not even on the horizon at the time).

DinoToyForum

John

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
All he said was some non-dinos.  You guys might want to check your expectations a little, otherwise you're going to accidentally disappoint yourselves.
I'm going to throw out some completely random guesses to the wind here when it comes to what Safari Ltd. will release between the space of around four to nine months from now (though we haven't even had time to get used to THIS years' releases yet).
For the wild safari line,which seems to be all over the place when it comes to veriety,I'll guess:
An updated Velociraptor as a potential representative of the dinosaurs.
A pterosaur,(Quetzalcoatlus? Pterodactylus? Dimorphodon maybe?)
Or a marine reptile? Shonisaurus maybe?
Or possibly a giant prehistoric crocodilian,like Sarcosuchus.

The toob is said to be something that many fans of this forum will appreciate,so based on what I've seen on posts,I've narrowed it down to two likely themes:
It's going to be either Pterosaurs
or
Prehistoric Amphibians
;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 26, 2012, 08:42:33 AM
I don't want to sound mean, but really, what's the point of people leaving messages saying they know what future releases are, but then saying they can't give away details or say anything.

Its the same as seeing moveie trailers for the first time

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on September 26, 2012, 08:54:57 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 26, 2012, 08:42:33 AM

Its the same as seeing moveie trailers for the first time
Hardly :/ When you see a movie trailer you can see who it was produced by, the actors who star in it, what genre the film is, parts of the storyline etc.

Here we're just being told by someone that they know something that we don't.

Gryphoceratops

Before the kaprosuchus was made who was it that made that painfully obvious but clever statement with all those puns in it that basically told us safari was making a kapro without actually going out and saying it?  It was on the forums I remember it because i found it funny.

Do that.   :P

And in people who know stuff the rest of us don't's defenses, they did tell us some things.  According to Dan many of us will be happy, that means at least some of the things people were asking for/predicting are made and apparently one of the toobs is awesome.  No its nothing specific but its good to know!  Sbell also mentioned there are no synapsids this year.  Again that narrows it down and eliminates a lot of speculation that some people were proposing.  Just be patient.  If they went off and spilled to us the companies wouldn't tell them anything next time around. 

Different note: does the favorite Tyrannosaurus have feathers on its arms?

Balaur

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 26, 2012, 10:07:55 PM
Before the kaprosuchus was made who was it that made that painfully obvious but clever statement with all those puns in it that basically told us safari was making a kapro without actually going out and saying it?  It was on the forums I remember it because i found it funny.

Do that.   :P

And in people who know stuff the rest of us don't's defenses, they did tell us some things.  According to Dan many of us will be happy, that means at least some of the things people were asking for/predicting are made and apparently one of the toobs is awesome.  No its nothing specific but its good to know!  Sbell also mentioned there are no synapsids this year.  Again that narrows it down and eliminates a lot of speculation that some people were proposing.  Just be patient.  If they went off and spilled to us the companies wouldn't tell them anything next time around. 

Different note: does the favorite Tyrannosaurus have feathers on its arms?
It looks like it...

Mauro "Raptor86"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: