News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh, not really a loss. I haven't bought a Bully figure in long while anyway.

juju1305

Quote from: Takama on November 30, 2012, 11:56:04 PM
OK

I got this from on another forum (STS)

Quote511 Lipizzaner Stallion (July 2013) /13cm
62512 Lipizzaner Foal (July 2013) /9cm
62720 Westphalian Mare (July 2013) /13cm
62721 Westphalian Foal (July 2013) /8cm
62754 Alp Calf Benni /5cm
62755 Ibex /9cm
62603 Australian Shepherd /4cm
62716 Vietnamese Pot-bellied Pig /9cm
63680 Lion /13,5cm
63681 Lioness /13,5cm
63682 Lion Cub /6cm
63683 Tiger /15cm
63684 Tiger Cub /6,5cm
63687 White Tiger /15cm
63688 White Tiger Cub /6,5cm
63685 African Elephant /10,5cm
63675 Zebra /10,5cm
63676 Zebra Foal /8cm
63678 Panda /11cm
63679 Young Panda /3cm
63686 Young Chimpanzee /4cm
64454 Wisent (July 2013) /13cm
64455 Marmot (July 2013) /5cm
69390 Peacock /13cm
69391 Pelican /13cm
65442 Rhodesian Ridgeback Nelson (July 2013) /12cm
68514 Frilled Lizard /13cm
68515 Poison Dart Frog /6cm
58375 Saber-toothed Tiger /10cm
58376 Saber-toothed Cat /9cm
This is a list of new 2013 Bullyland Figures but so far, None of them are Dinosaurs

So im afraid all we might get from them are two Not Cats

It would be disappointing if there was nothing else. But these too figures look amazing from this perspective :)

crankydinosaur

What species are these two Bullylands suppose to be?

stoneage

Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 01:31:21 AM

Smilodon and Machairodont.

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on December 01, 2012, 01:47:05 AM

No, Smilodon and Eusmilus (nimravid). Smilodon is a machairodont.

crankydinosaur

Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2012, 06:11:39 AM
Quote from: stoneage on December 01, 2012, 01:47:05 AM

No, Smilodon and Eusmilus (nimravid). Smilodon is a machairodont.

for an Eusmilus it is seriously lacking in the flanges that protect the sabers....

Seijun

I think they are both atrocious. Whats up with the broken front paw on the smilodon? The extended claws on all four paws? This was a cat, not a dog! The face looks less like a cat and more like a monster from "where the wild things are" (the large gaping mouth full of teeth and fangs, the large pink nose, the equally large bright yellow eyes...). And for heaven's sake, give it some food! Poor creature looks just skin and bones.

Regarding the eusmilus, it doesnt look as though they used any references, at all. Shorten the tail and it would just look like a female version of the smilodon (which also looks like no references were used, only the artists memory of what a smilodon sort of looks like---big teeth? check. short tail? check. four legs? check. ok, we're done here!).

I hate to say it, but I think I actually prefer bully's previous versions of smilodon and eusmilus.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

They have done a strange figures  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

crankydinosaur

Quote from: Seijun on December 01, 2012, 09:39:59 AM
I think they are both atrocious. Whats up with the broken front paw on the smilodon? The extended claws on all four paws? This was a cat, not a dog! The face looks less like a cat and more like a monster from "where the wild things are" (the large gaping mouth full of teeth and fangs, the large pink nose, the equally large bright yellow eyes...). And for heaven's sake, give it some food! Poor creature looks just skin and bones.

Regarding the eusmilus, it doesnt look as though they used any references, at all. Shorten the tail and it would just look like a female version of the smilodon (which also looks like no references were used, only the artists memory of what a smilodon sort of looks like---big teeth? check. short tail? check. four legs? check. ok, we're done here!).

I hate to say it, but I think I actually prefer bully's previous versions of smilodon and eusmilus.

Totally agree The "smilodon" has what I like to call a "wobbly" foot from the first moment I saw it I was like ok... and yeah the Eusmilus has no flanges - and I'm pretty they are supposed to have shorter legs. Blarg! The old ones are way superior! What are you doing Bullyland.

Although I am excited for a new Wisent (lets hope it isn't ugly)

CM

It's unfortunate that there are no truly great saber-tooth figures.  Everyone groans when someone does a new one because they think they've been done to death, but at the same time, no one has really nailed it yet.

Roselaar

No new Bully dinosaurs? That's too bad. Any word on potential new re-releases?

I like those notcats enough, but as always with Bullyland, the paint jobs of the eyes is damn ugly.

SBell

Quote from: CM on December 01, 2012, 11:31:47 AM
It's unfortunate that there are no truly great saber-tooth figures.  Everyone groans when someone does a new one because they think they've been done to death, but at the same time, no one has really nailed it yet.

Out of all the Smilodon I have (or had) I think the Mojo may be the best of them so far. Which is kind of odd, really (although they are proving more adept with mammals than dinos anyway). Unless I'm counting Dinotales, then it is the Dinotales one.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 11:17:46 AM
Quote from: Seijun on December 01, 2012, 09:39:59 AM

Totally agree The "smilodon" has what I like to call a "wobbly" foot from the first moment I saw it I was like ok... and yeah the Eusmilus has no flanges - and I'm pretty they are supposed to have shorter legs. Blarg! The old ones are way superior! What are you doing Bullyland.

Although I am excited for a new Wisent (lets hope it isn't ugly)
Shame, Bullyland is starting to become almost as much a fail as Schleich these days :-[

Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2012, 02:34:54 PM
Quote from: CM on December 01, 2012, 11:31:47 AM

Out of all the Smilodon I have (or had) I think the Mojo may be the best of them so far. Which is kind of odd, really (although they are proving more adept with mammals than dinos anyway). Unless I'm counting Dinotales, then it is the Dinotales one.
Personally, I always liked AAA's smilodon...speaking as a non mammal collector of course.

Patrx

Wait, is there something off about the Wild Safari version?

SBell

Quote from: Pixelboy on December 01, 2012, 04:24:33 PM
Wait, is there something off about the Wild Safari version?

It's still good--just still doesn't feel quite right (not as bad as Bully's white-eyed...everything, actually).  Making decent cats is very difficult overall anyway, prehistoric ones are even tougher (as toys--obviously models can be better).

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

in a few minutes i can show you another master piece of MOJO FUNN

pictus are on my comp. i have load them up
so in a few ,,an amazing new Prehistoric mammel from MOJO FUNN

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I Can present you the New and 3th MOJO FUNN

prehistoric mammal

it's a great model and well done made

congrats MOJO FUNN with this master piece

and here are the Photo's of the

BRONTOTHERIUM

and because it's such a nice Mammal

a bonus Photo

MOJO FUNN
you did it again,,great model,,anf thanks to let me show it in this Forum

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Ikessauro

I like a lot this Brontotherium Martien, Mojo did a fine work on this one.

ZoPteryx

Wow that's a superb figure!!! :o  I like it much more than CollectA's!  Hopefully most of that detail will translate into the final piece.  Keep up the good work Mojo and hope to see you here on the forum soon! :)

Trexroarr

I love Mojo more and more with every picture shown! :D

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: