News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Indeed! The Daedon is fantastic folks. I don't know about you all but those teeth are fantastic. Absolutely monstrous and I think they won't be blunted too much for the final molds. Also, anyone else notice that these are not just 'weird heads' put onto 'normal bodies'? ;)

I'm still impressed. They are doing a fantastic job. <3

Oh! And the neat thing about Mojo Fun folks? We the buyers and collectors voiced our opinions and they listened. That is amazing.

Balaur

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 25, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
The Time is here,,,,,

Here we have the second Prehistoric mammal from MOJO FUNN

that wil see daylicht in 2013

It's a Fantastic figure that is made by MOJO FUNN

a real Master Piece

They did it again must say it again
a amazing figure
Thanks MOJO FUNN for this second and great model

and we have another shot

and saving the best picture for the now
here we go

wel done MOJO and thanks for giving these great mammals a daylight in 2013

Martien

That is a fantastic figure! I am very well impressed. The Deinotherium and Daeodon are defienentally a must buy for me!
Quote from: Weaver on November 25, 2012, 06:06:08 PM
Indeed! The Daedon is fantastic folks. I don't know about you all but those teeth are fantastic. Absolutely monstrous and I think they won't be blunted too much for the final molds. Also, anyone else notice that these are not just 'weird heads' put onto 'normal bodies'? ;)

I'm still impressed. They are doing a fantastic job. <3

Oh! And the neat thing about Mojo Fun folks? We the buyers and collectors voiced our opinions and they listened. That is amazing.

That is amazing! Indeed!  ;D

Jetoar

Amazing Entelodont. MOJO are doing great figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brontozaurus

Though I'm not wild about the Deinotherium (cool as it is), that is a very nice entelodont.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Seijun

Love the entelodont! I think it is better than AAA. The AAA version looks pretty awesome, but this one feels more realistic to me, less like a hairless monster pig on steroids and more like a real animal.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 25, 2012, 05:11:18 PM
Excelent Entelodont I must say. Martien, do you know if this figure is really Entelodont ? Or is it another genera?

Yes patrick,,it's a Entelodont Daeodon

we have stil the AAA version in mind,but when you look on the net
you see that this one comes very close to the pictures from Entelodont on the net.

have funn looking at these models from MOJO FUNN

you must do a whole week with these photo's

next friday we(MOJO FUNN) come's with the 3th Mammal

gr. Martien

Great to see pictures, and the figure looks awesome! Much more refined than the prototype version I saw earlier. Can't wait to see the final two!
Hey Martien, by we do you mean you work for MOJO? Or you just have connection?

stoneage

Quote from: Seijun on November 25, 2012, 09:32:12 PM
Love the entelodont! I think it is better than AAA. The AAA version looks pretty awesome, but this one feels more realistic to me, less like a hairless monster pig on steroids and more like a real animal.

:)  Well in WWD, it was like a hairless monster pig on steroids, but I do love this version as well.  It looks like I will want all of Mojo's Prehistoric Mammals. 

Patrx

Quote from: stoneage on November 26, 2012, 12:06:07 AM
:)  Well in WWD, it was like a hairless monster pig on steroids, but I do love this version as well.  It looks like I will want all of Mojo's Prehistoric Mammals.

That may be due in part to the difficulty involved with rendering hair at that time. Remember their Smilodon? Aside from the mane, I think the hair was just a bump map.

Anyway, yes, the new mammals all look awesome so far :) I think I will probably pick up the Deinotherium, but, as I just bought the Fauna Casts Daeodon, this new Mojo one would seem mildly redundant.

stoneage

Quote from: Pixelboy on November 26, 2012, 12:33:48 AM
Quote from: stoneage on November 26, 2012, 12:06:07 AM

That may be due in part to the difficulty involved with rendering hair at that time. Remember their Smilodon? Aside from the mane, I think the hair was just a bump map.

Anyway, yes, the new mammals all look awesome so far :) I think I will probably pick up the Deinotherium, but, as I just bought the Fauna Casts Daeodon, this new Mojo one would seem mildly redundant.

Well I'm getting the Fauna Cast Daeodon also, but I plan to get this one too.  There just are not enough good ones out there.

ZoPteryx

I nominate Mojo's Daeodon as the best figure of the year thus far! :))

Oh, and it's nice to see that the Deinotherium has correct toes; it'd be shame if that great figure was toppled by a minor anatomical flaw! ;)

Trexroarr

Honestly, if Mojo keeps on releasing amazing figures like these prehistoric mammals (not so much the Baby T-Rex, but I think that was a left over model from the 'old Mojo'), PLUS keeps on actually LISTENING to what the fans have to say, then I will have to nominate Mojo for the title of Best Replica Company EVER!! :D

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Trexroarr on November 26, 2012, 03:18:06 AM
Honestly, if Mojo keeps on releasing amazing figures like these prehistoric mammals (not so much the Baby T-Rex, but I think that was a left over model from the 'old Mojo'), PLUS keeps on actually LISTENING to what the fans have to say, then I will have to nominate Mojo for the title of Best Replica Company EVER!! :D

That would be jumping the gun a bit I think.. ;)

Trexroarr

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 26, 2012, 05:32:16 AM
Quote from: Trexroarr on November 26, 2012, 03:18:06 AM

That would be jumping the gun a bit I think.. ;)

Like I said, this would only be if they keep all of this up. :P

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Himmapaan

I must be alone in not spilling over with raptures about the new Mojö figures.  ;D They're lovely, but I'm not about to break out the smelling salts yet. I prefer the Deinotherium to the Entelodont, though I'm not enamoured of the texture. I don't mean the abundance thereof (which is good) but the actual markings themselves. They feel inorganic and resemble less the hide of an elephant than that a rough textile had been pressed into the surface.

Seijun

Maybe the texture will look better once it is smoothed out a little? I don't mind it though. I can forgive mojo on any texture issues because the rest of the anatomy on these animals is just beautiful.  The poses are a little static, but I'm willing to forgive that too.  I would like to see mojo work on textures and poses a bit in the future, but just this one step they have taken between 2012 and 2013 has been unbelievable. Last year their prehistoric life was a joke. Like, schleich-level bad. Now we have this. It would be like if I woke up one morning, went to the olimpics, and won a bronze medal in pole vaulting. Sure it's not a gold medal, but on a normal day I would be lucky to make it over a 2-foot hedge.

To be honest I think all the new prehistoric mammal toys from collecta, bullyland, and papo have either sucked or been mediocre at best (2013 papo wooly rhino is better than mediocre but it has not blown me away). So for me that makes the new mojo mammals all the more impressive. Not only do they not suck, but they are actually very accurate-looking. I think if battat had chosen to throw some mammals into their line, they probably would not have been better than the new mojos.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

I love these MOJO mammals as well, they really are the best of the 2013 lineup from any company. I don't collect a lot of mammals but these two will be high priorities for me.

Jetoar

I would liketo see the new Andrewsarchus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 26, 2012, 08:01:21 AM
I must be alone in not spilling over with raptures about the new Mojö figures.  ;D They're lovely, but I'm not about to break out the smelling salts yet. I prefer the Deinotherium to the Entelodont, though I'm not enamoured of the texture. I don't mean the abundance thereof (which is good) but the actual markings themselves. They feel inorganic and resemble less the hide of an elephant than that a rough textile had been pressed into the surface.

Not at all. They are really well done from what I can tell, but I'm not just not a huge mammal fan..so though interesting they do little for me.  Maybe if they do a Basilisaurus.. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on November 26, 2012, 03:18:44 PM
I would liketo see the new Andrewsarchus  ^-^.

You just have to wait until next weekend :).

Yes, I'm also thrilled by Mojö's Prehistoric Mammals line concept.
And yes Blade, a Basilosaurus would also be a great choice for the line (... and it would be huuuge ;D!).

Simon

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 26, 2012, 08:01:21 AM

I have to agree with you, Himmapaan. (Though I did not want to be the first to criticize.)

I don't like the Deinotherium's head at all, and the Daeodon is just too static for me.  It looks like a stuffed animal in that pose.  Malcolm's (Dinonikes') Daeodon is so much better.

Mojo's Deinotherium body with a Collecta-like Deinotherium head would have been preferable to me (although the Collecta has its trunk doing an impossible S shape twirl ...)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: