News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Trexroarr on November 26, 2012, 03:18:06 AM
Honestly, if Mojo keeps on releasing amazing figures like these prehistoric mammals (not so much the Baby T-Rex, but I think that was a left over model from the 'old Mojo'), PLUS keeps on actually LISTENING to what the fans have to say, then I will have to nominate Mojo for the title of Best Replica Company EVER!! :D

As long as only their mammals are good, that is jumping the gun.
Some good mammals do not make a good prehistoric collection.  More important are good Dinosaurs, which they seriously lack....and maybe they should stop doing those alltogether and concentrate on Mammals instead.
Just imagine it: The others could concentrate on non-mammals and there would be no more whining about lack of mammals....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

@ Boki

no,,i'm not working for MOJO,,just have good connections ;)
as you know i'm a SM in the army,,,

just cal it,,GOOD CONNECTIONS ;) :P
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Dan

Martien and Takama, we appreciate your work in bringing all these new items to the DTF, and so speedily too. Keep up the great work, guys.  :D

SBell

Quote from: Jetoar on November 26, 2012, 03:18:44 PM
I would liketo see the new Andrewsarchus  ^-^.

Who says they are making one? I've seen the photos of the upcoming 4 and it's not one of them.

Simon

Jeez, SBell, now THAT has all of us back in suspense mode!

Himmapaan

Quote from: Simon on November 26, 2012, 03:53:44 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on November 26, 2012, 08:01:21 AM
I must be alone in not spilling over with raptures about the new Mojö figures.  ;D They're lovely, but I'm not about to break out the smelling salts yet. I prefer the Deinotherium to the Entelodont, though I'm not enamoured of the texture. I don't mean the abundance thereof (which is good) but the actual markings themselves. They feel inorganic and resemble less the hide of an elephant than that a rough textile had been pressed into the surface.

I have to agree with you, Himmapaan. (Though I did not want to be the first to criticize.)

I don't like the Deinotherium's head at all, and the Daeodon is just too static for me.  It looks like a stuffed animal in that pose.  Malcolm's (Dinonikes') Daeodon is so much better.

Mojo's Deinotherium body with a Collecta-like Deinotherium head would have been preferable to me (although the Collecta has its trunk doing an impossible S shape twirl ...)

Oh, dear, I was first to criticise this time. That itself must be a first for me!  ;D :))

I should have said 'Daeodon', rather than 'entelodont', too. Shows how poorly I paid attention (or how little they excited me).

I don't disagree with the general chorus that this is a very marked improvement on Mojö's part and I admire that. I'm always ready to champion commendable effort. I just haven't been spirited away to quite the same degree.

Simon

Yes, it certainly IS a big step up for MOJO - and I will get ALL of their premammals (SBell alert  ^-^), just to make it clear. 

I just think they could have been better.  The Deinotherium's trunk is entirely too short and too thick to serve any useful purpose ... like the elephants, Mammoths and Mastodons, by the time the animal evolved to this size the trunk would have grown too ... the Daoedon has a fantastic head, but is too static.

Seijun

The trunk length issue confuses me. The DTF review for the bullyland deino criticizes it for having a trunk that is too long. But the trunk on mojo version is too short? I do agree that the trunk should probably tapir more at the end, but I think the rest of the head looks fine. It looks like how I think an elephant head would probably look if you removed the tusks and stuck them on the animal's chin instead. :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on November 26, 2012, 06:40:39 PM
...I do agree that the trunk should probably tapir more at the end, but I think the rest of the head looks fine....

Taper or tapir?-I've noticed that both words are appropriate within the context of your sentence.

Seijun

Taper :D I'm still thinking about Mojos awesome new Brazilian tapir, apparently.

Do we have to wait til next weekend for pics of mojos other mammals?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

Deinotheriums proboscis is suppose to be shorter then an elephant.  Since the proboscis is soft tissue instead of bone, no one knows exactly how it looked.

Seijun

Quote from: stoneage on November 26, 2012, 11:15:26 PM
Deinotheriums proboscis is suppose to be shorter then an elephant.  Since the proboscis is soft tissue instead of bone, no one knows exactly how it looked.

Then how do we know it is supposed to be shorter?

Jetoar

I put this image

http://www.adias-uae.com/logatham/deinotherium-fig8-11.jpg

It was done by Mauricio Anton. I think that is posible that this animals had short proboscies and after, appears other proboscids with long probocies, more evolutionated than the firts, from my point of view  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: Jetoar on November 27, 2012, 12:36:46 AM
I put this image

http://www.adias-uae.com/logatham/deinotherium-fig8-11.jpg

It was done by Mauricio Anton. I think that is posible that this animals had short proboscies and after, appears other proboscids with long probocies, more evolutionated than the firts, from my point of view  ^-^.

They are on different evolutionary paths anyway--so there can be a lot of speculation.

Takama

I guess i havent made an opinon on the pig yet.

Lovely figure.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

yes you have to wait til friday for the next fantastic prehistoric mammal from MOJO FUNN

and some over here know what's comming,,but that are beta versions

martien

Mauro "Raptor86"

From the Mojo Facebook Page

"Hi All
First i want to clear up a little confusion. When asked previously i wrongly stated that the new Prehistoric mammals were 1:20 scale. Actually they are all 1:30 scale..............sorry everyone, its been a busy 2-3 months, i think my brain must be addled! :-)"

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 27, 2012, 09:38:00 PM
From the Mojo Facebook Page

"Hi All
First i want to clear up a little confusion. When asked previously i wrongly stated that the new Prehistoric mammals were 1:20 scale. Actually they are all 1:30 scale..............sorry everyone, its been a busy 2-3 months, i think my brain must be addled! :-)"

That makes a lot more sense...which means they should be roughly to scale with the Bullyland figures.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Yeb the figures wil be scale 1/30

just got a message from MOJO

Martien

Takama

OK

I got this from on another forum (STS)

Quote511 Lipizzaner Stallion (July 2013) /13cm
62512 Lipizzaner Foal (July 2013) /9cm
62720 Westphalian Mare (July 2013) /13cm
62721 Westphalian Foal (July 2013) /8cm
62754 Alp Calf Benni /5cm
62755 Ibex /9cm
62603 Australian Shepherd /4cm
62716 Vietnamese Pot-bellied Pig /9cm
63680 Lion /13,5cm
63681 Lioness /13,5cm
63682 Lion Cub /6cm
63683 Tiger /15cm
63684 Tiger Cub /6,5cm
63687 White Tiger /15cm
63688 White Tiger Cub /6,5cm
63685 African Elephant /10,5cm
63675 Zebra /10,5cm
63676 Zebra Foal /8cm
63678 Panda /11cm
63679 Young Panda /3cm
63686 Young Chimpanzee /4cm
64454 Wisent (July 2013) /13cm
64455 Marmot (July 2013) /5cm
69390 Peacock /13cm
69391 Pelican /13cm
65442 Rhodesian Ridgeback Nelson (July 2013) /12cm
68514 Frilled Lizard /13cm
68515 Poison Dart Frog /6cm
58375 Saber-toothed Tiger /10cm
58376 Saber-toothed Cat /9cm
This is a list of new 2013 Bullyland Figures but so far, None of them are Dinosaurs

So im afraid all we might get from them are two Not Cats

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: