News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 02, 2012, 03:50:21 PM
Would the double-Y horns be like this?

No, that looks like a juvenile. In the double Y each horn extends a long distance off the snout, and then branches again at the tip.

John

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 02, 2012, 03:05:41 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 02, 2012, 11:56:02 AM
I'm still loving it :D!

But beyond, what I'm loving above all is the decision to produce a whole Prehistoric Mammal Line!
Thinking about the fact that this line could include 20 - 30 different species in this quality, all in 1:30 excites me :))!!!

Ditto here! I'm so excited that Mojo might actually produce a big prehistoric mammal collection. I don't know why, but in recent months I've come to like the mammals way more than dinosaurs. I guess they are just too popular and common, I love weird and obscure... ??? ;D
Sorry,but it's the dinosaurs that I still love the most.But still,it's nice to see the other prehistoric animals that I remember as a kid showing up,if not by another name (Megacerops as Brontotherium,Gastornis as Diatryma,Gryposaurus as Kritosaurus...ect.) though Dimorphodon,Elasmosaurus and Deinotherium have the same names still ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The time is here

MOJO's 4th Prehistoric mammal for 2013

and as olway's we finish with a master piece

The Hyaenodon Gigas

Size 1:30 scale Height to shoulders 5cm, length nose to rear (excluding tail) 11cm

and also some words from the man himself,,James

We have already resolved the mouth angle problem and the mass production model will have correct upper jaw alignment.
We will drop the upper jaw by 10 degrees to be in correct alignment with main skull, this will also reduce the jaw width to the correct proportions.
As time is short and we must finish the catalogue within the week we have had to go with this image even though the mouth area is incorrect

thanks MOJO for these amazing prehistoric Mammals,
and I can't wait to see the next ones for 2014

Martien

The Photo's

The Return Of The Mammoth's

tyrantqueen

The sculpting on the teeth looks nice :) Is this the species that preyed upon Dire Wolves?

darylj

i currently own no mammals... i cant wait to get these!

CM

Awesome.  I'll be glad to add it to my collection. 

Ikessauro

Another very good mammal, well done Mojo! But the killer pig is my favorite of them all.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 02, 2012, 08:09:15 PM
The sculpting on the teeth looks nice :) Is this the species that preyed upon Dire Wolves?

These were extinct long before dire wolves showed up--they existed from about the Eocene to the early/mid Miocene, until real carnivorans like true dogs, amphicyonids, hyaenas and bears really took over the chasing and overpowering predator roles.

But this one will have fun against the Daeodon (they lived at the same time, same place, and probably competed with each other).

Of course, Mojo made the biggest species--some were way smaller. And one related genus, Hemipsalodon, was the size of a grizzly bear!

Also, this one is thousands of leagues more accurate than the AAA/WwB-inspired one. That one is way too doggish.

Simon

Now, THIS is more like it!!!!!!!!!!  That Hyenadon is to-die-for awesome!!!!!

Weaver

And if you all notice, Mojo paid attention to the shorter neck/longer-skull porportions that Hyaenadon had. Ack, hurry Mojo hurry to fix that gape! I was sure these official photos would should that fixed but oh well. Also, look at those nice dewclaws on the front. This is my favorite of the line, this big ol' H. gigas. :D

Ikessauro

Another good thing is that they specified both genus and species. Just like Battat did with their dinos and I must say, it's awesome that they did. ;D I wish more companies would do that, not only label something with only genus name. But hey, what good is a species name on an innacurate model? Another positive side of Mojo... I hope they keep it that way.

SBell

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
And if you all notice, Mojo paid attention to the shorter neck/longer-skull porportions that Hyaenadon had. Ack, hurry Mojo hurry to fix that gape! I was sure these official photos would should that fixed but oh well. Also, look at those nice dewclaws on the front. This is my favorite of the line, this big ol' H. gigas. :D

They did a really good job of making the head look...odd...compared to what we are used to in our modern carnivores.

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

I want it ! Coool figure 8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Trexroarr

Mojo is officially my favorite company. I cant wait to get my hands on these prehistoric mammals! That Hyaenodon is absolutely fantastic! :D

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

tanystropheus

This a really great set. I like them all! ;D Hope to see Arsinoitherium, Andrewsarchus*, Platybelodon, Chalicotherium, and Paraceratherium by Mojo in 2014-2015. Basilosaurus would be a plus, but it appears that there is a general lack of enthusiasm for the 'primitive' whale by most toy companies....

*I have the WS Andrewsarchus. I don't like it all that much. It's too rigid.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 03, 2012, 02:25:48 AM
This a really great set. I like them all! ;D Hope to see Arsinoitherium, Andrewsarchus*, Platybelodon, Chalicotherium, and Paraceratherium by Mojo in 2014-2015. Basilosaurus would be a plus, but it appears that there is a general lack of enthusiasm for the 'primitive' whale by most toy companies....

If you haven't, you can probably still find the Bully Andrewsarchus. Much better and more lively!

ZoPteryx

Mojo finishes strong! :))  I'll definitely be getting all their prehistoric mammals next year!

Bokisaurus

Awesome one from Mojo! Really looking forward to their mammal line next year! ;D

Simon

Quote from: SBell on December 03, 2012, 02:40:48 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 03, 2012, 02:25:48 AM

If you haven't, you can probably still find the Bully Andrewsarchus. Much better and more lively!

Sbell - surely you jest - anyhow, this is what the Bully Andrewsarchus has always reminded me of - Mickey Rat:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: