News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Simon on December 03, 2012, 05:54:21 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 03, 2012, 02:40:48 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 03, 2012, 02:25:48 AM
This a really great set. I like them all! ;D Hope to see Arsinoitherium, Andrewsarchus*, Platybelodon, Chalicotherium, and Paraceratherium by Mojo in 2014-2015. Basilosaurus would be a plus, but it appears that there is a general lack of enthusiasm for the 'primitive' whale by most toy companies....

*I have the WS Andrewsarchus. I don't like it all that much. It's too rigid.

If you haven't, you can probably still find the Bully Andrewsarchus. Much better and more lively!

Sbell - surely you jest - anyhow, this is what the Bully Andrewsarchus has always reminded me of - Mickey Rat:

Hah, hah  :P  Good one! I agree with that. ;D  Boy, I can't wait for these new figures to show up next year. ;D ;D

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Wel ,in febr. 2013 MOJO is olready thinking of the new line
they are going to make for sure 4 new mammals,maybey 6

in another forum i made olready a wish list,what i like to see as a prehistoric mammal in the MOJO line
and as clever as i'm..i made also a backup list  :D

Uintatherium
Platybelodon
Elasmotherium
Arsinotherium
Synthetoceras

martien

here is a link to the sts forum and the post i made

http://schleichtiersammler.forumieren.de/t7365-2014-wishes-for-all-brands?highlight=2014
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Simon

tanystropheus

This a really great set. I like them all! ;D Hope to see Arsinoitherium, Andrewsarchus*, Platybelodon, Chalicotherium, and Paraceratherium by Mojo in 2014-2015. Basilosaurus would be a plus, but it appears that there is a general lack of enthusiasm for the 'primitive' whale by most toy companies....

If you haven't, you can probably still find the Bully Andrewsarchus. Much better and more lively!

I think I'll pass. :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 03, 2012, 08:15:30 AM
Wel ,in febr. 2013 MOJO is olready thinking of the new line
they are going to make for sure 4 new mammals,maybey 6

in another forum i made olready a wish list,what i like to see as a prehistoric mammal in the MOJO line
and as clever as i'm..i made also a backup list  :D

Uintatherium
Platybelodon
Elasmotherium
Arsinotherium
Synthetoceras

martien

http://schleichtiersammler.forumieren.de/t7365-2014-wishes-for-all-brands?highlight=2014

Good list. I think you've touched upon some real collector's items (e.g. Uinta/Syntheto).

Seijun

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 03, 2012, 09:40:22 AM

I think I'll pass. :)

My favorite andrewsarchus is the one from safari.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Simon on December 03, 2012, 05:54:21 AM

:)) Ha, ha .... Delightful :))!

Really - it's time for Mojö! We don't have a good Andrewsarchus toy yet.
The only really good one is Sean Cooper's Paleocraft model.

SBell

At least the head looks large enough on the Bully (although, yes, they have a hard time with facial expression).  I've seen the skull up close, and it's a ridiculous animal.

The other one, somewhat different (better? not sure) is the Play Visions large figure:

paleoferroequine

Quote from: SBell on December 02, 2012, 03:29:23 PM
Quote from: Seijun on December 02, 2012, 05:53:40 AM
The double-Y horns sound very interesting, are there any pictures? I have never heard of it before. Any theories behind it? A different species, or maybe an older individual?

Also, if SBell says it is possible for brontotherium to have a smaller hump like the mojo model, then I shall begrudgingly "be ok" with it as well, even if I am still much more fond of the taller-humped specimens  :D

I don't have a photo handy, sorry. If I can get one I'll show you (as I said, there are only a few of them).

Megacerops kuwagatarhinus

Sean, do you know how much of this skull is original and intact? As you know trying to find info is really hard, you would think for an unusual specimen there would be more interest. I want to believe in this but I just wonder if a jumble of skull pieces were assembled together, I would hope not. :-\. However until further notice, I'll assume it's real and I will convert one of the newer Megacerops toys to this.

SBell

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 03, 2012, 05:07:20 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 02, 2012, 03:29:23 PM
Quote from: Seijun on December 02, 2012, 05:53:40 AM
The double-Y horns sound very interesting, are there any pictures? I have never heard of it before. Any theories behind it? A different species, or maybe an older individual?

Also, if SBell says it is possible for brontotherium to have a smaller hump like the mojo model, then I shall begrudgingly "be ok" with it as well, even if I am still much more fond of the taller-humped specimens  :D

I don't have a photo handy, sorry. If I can get one I'll show you (as I said, there are only a few of them).

Megacerops kuwagatarhinus

Sean, do you know how much of this skull is original and intact? As you know trying to find info is really hard, you would think for an unusual specimen there would be more interest. I want to believe in this but I just wonder if a jumble of skull pieces were assembled together, I would hope not. :-\. However until further notice, I'll assume it's real and I will convert one of the newer Megacerops toys to this.

Well, I held the skull myself, and other than some glue to hold it together it was pretty much intact as is (no reconstruction).  So it is indeed a real morphology. Extremely rare, but real.

suspsy

I'm still dying to see Papo's new stuff. Stop tormenting me and reveal already, dammit!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Arrancon

Must have Hyaenodon NOW! Hurry up 2013!

CM

Quote from: Dinobot on December 03, 2012, 07:15:12 PM
Must have Hyaenodon NOW! Hurry up 2013!

Me too, and not just the prehistoric stuff either.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Safari ltd. has launched its new website! http://reigningreplicas.com/group/listnew here there are a 3 photos for each new dino!

John

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 04, 2012, 08:40:43 PM
Safari ltd. has launched its new website! http://reigningreplicas.com/group/listnew here there are a 3 photos for each new dino!
I must have that Dimorphodon! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Mauro "Raptor86"

Its tail seems bendable!

stemturtle

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 04, 2012, 08:40:43 PM

Kudos to Safari for correcting the name of the Burgess Shale toob from Cambrian Era to Cambrian Life.  What a wonderful company!

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

John

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 04, 2012, 09:17:13 PM
Its tail seems bendable!
We won't know until it comes out at the end of June.The Rhamphorhynchus from the same line didn't have a bendable tail.Plus there is no mention of that on the website (though it should be noted that the site does not mention it pertaining to either of their giant squid models which DO have bendable parts though)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Primeval12

I thought the concovenator was supposed to have arm feathers! :( At least i could finally get a chance to get the Pteranodon baby and the rest of the creatures. BTW what's the difference between the old and new brachiosaurus.

Gryphoceratops

Ha!  I new that dimorphodon looked bendy!  The diabloceratops and gryposaurus look incredible with the detail! 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: