You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Allosaurus's Points/Ranges of Articulation?

Started by Papi-Anon, June 25, 2020, 02:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papi-Anon

I recently bought a resin 1/10 allosaurus skeleton from Desert Dinosaurs and wanted to modify it for 3D printed joints I created. I have several working designs of printed ball-joints I can order from Shapeways but need some anatomy help with assigning the points of articulation and what ranges of motion for certain areas. Below is essentially what I want to do but need some clarification on the items with blue boxes and arrows.

image upload
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Justin_

I was hoping you'd get some replies for this as I'm interested in a couple of the points you're asking about. I need to repair a hand on a Kinto/Favorite resin Allosaurus and want to know if the fingers could be slightly more clenched?
I'm also interested in the wrist rotation question at the top right of your image.
There are reconstructions of less birdlike theropods with wrists which are turned down in a winglike way, (ie. not pronated) such as SenSen's Megalosaurus:

(More pics of Earth108's model here.)

I think this looks good, but how accurate is it likely to be?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.