News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How to cope with long wait and impatience

Started by Stegotyranno420, August 26, 2020, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

You might be wondering "Oh Stegotyranno has another tiny problem hes making a big deal about." Sorry bro, but we've all been there, thinking day and night wheter if you'd ever get that detailed piece of plastic. And also not recieving information on time. It kinda ruins you. So sorry if im wasting your time, but is there anyway to become patient because "waiting is nessceary"

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Stegotyranno on August 26, 2020, 08:02:35 PM
You might be wondering "Oh Stegotyranno has another tiny problem hes making a big deal about." Sorry bro, but we've all been there, thinking day and night wheter if you'd ever get that detailed piece of plastic. And also not recieving information on time. It kinda ruins you. So sorry if im wasting your time, but is there anyway to become patient because "waiting is nessceary"

One of the best short-term solutions would be to occupy your mind with something else. Anything that truly engages you would be appropriate.

Ikessauro

I used to worry about it a lot when I first started collecing, but you get used to the wait with time.

I'm not sure if it's an age thing or not, but I started buying from overseas when I was about 17 years old. I was already used to waiting a week or two for packages from within my own country, because I live in a really small rural town and there was virtually no place here where to buy dinos. The only solution was to buy online. That still holds true to this day, I basicaly never buy dinos in a physical store.

So in the beggining I worried, got anxious, afraid the package could be lost or the item damaged in transport. I also didn't had much money to buy dinos back then, so if something got lost it was a huge bummer. No cash to replace it right away (that also meant slower shipping options only).
Over time I became more calm and patient, as I learned more about how the postal system worked, their usual time frame for each step of the shipping process. Using fully trackable shipping also helps a lot, although it can be more expensive.

I think P @PumperKrickel has a point here. Being focused on other tasks helps a lot. When I was 17 I had not much to worry about other than collecting dinos. As time passes, you develop other responsabilities and goals. You have to work, pay your bills, do your basic home chores etc. You slowly shift your focus from the tracking not being updated every our to more pressing matters.

Nowadays I only get a bit anxious for a package when it's a really expensive and or rare item, usually both at the same time and the tracking shows some unusual status or unexpected occurence.

Stegotyranno420

Oh, thanks, but with covid and the smokey fires in my area, occupying myself can get harder but i'll try to

Stegotyranno420

For those curious in early July my friend P @PlesiosaurusNessy said she was gonna get me something for my brithday, and a final result will come on July 15

Hadnt heard from her since July 5th, and she has been inactive since august 5th so now im worried that i wont be getting anything, but i still have hope

ceratopsian

She had been corresponding with me but suddenly stopped sometime in July.  We might never find out what happened.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 27, 2020, 06:31:56 PM
She had been corresponding with me but suddenly stopped sometime in July.  We might never find out what happened.
She did told me she is very busy, she works at a Refugee center, so I was fine, but then she did not respond for a along time and now im worried.
She also said that id probally get my figures in Autumm or winter. Now im worried for her, instead of her worrying for me.
I did send like 20 messages to try to get a response, but i never got one. Hopefully she is okay

Stegotyranno420

Good new everyone, i finally got my Papo limited edition spinosaurus in the mail...not. I seriously getting worried about Plesiosaurus Nessy. Especcially because i gave her my residence when she said she was going to order my figures. I still  trust her, but yeah, really worried.
Its just the uncertantity. Maybe she also went in quaratine, like my friend avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs . I hope shes okay, shes a very busy but nice person. best wishes for her

Sorry for being Paranoid

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteMaybe she also went in quaratine, like my friend avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs .

Wat? :D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on September 02, 2020, 10:14:18 AM
QuoteMaybe she also went in quaratine, like my friend avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs .

Wat? :D
Very sorry, you said you were gonna be gone for 3 weeks, and you said something about health, very very sorry

Stegotyranno420

Good news everyone! I saw P @PlesiosaurusNessy  was online on Oct 7. Really happy to see she's okay

UK

That's good news. So many people come and go on the Forum but it nice to know she is able to and still wishes to view the forum once more.

Libraraptor

As for me, I came in terms with the fact that I will never, ever own every figure I long for, the big Dawn of the Dinosaurs Exaeretodon for example. Hence I enjoy the process more than the possible result.

After buying a figure, I somehow manage to mostly forget about it until arrival. It´s focussing on something else that helps me in this time.
But as soon as I knew the package with the Eofauna Atlasaurus or CollectA Lisowicia is at home, I can´t deny I drove there a little faster :))

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 09, 2020, 02:34:23 PM
As for me, I came in terms with the fact that I will never, ever own every figure I long for, the big Dawn of the Dinosaurs Exaeretodon for example. Hence I enjoy the process more than the possible result.

After buying a figure, I somehow manage to mostly forget about it until arrival. It´s focussing on something else that helps me in this time.
But as soon as I knew the package with the Eofauna Atlasaurus or CollectA Lisowicia is at home, I can´t deny I drove there a little faster :))
Yeah, when I luckily won that giveway , my friend A @Andysdinosaurreviews  sent me a constantly delayed package of all the Mojo 2020 figures. ON the day it came, each minute felt like hours. Once the mail man came,(who i was waiting for like a supervillian) i litterally jumped down the stairs, dashed around the house, waited for him to go away, and then i got the package. Im suprised I still was able to carefully and steadiliy open it.

As for the terms thing, i totally understand. I'm much younger than the majority of you folks, so of course i wont have as much wisdom, and i'd be less stable. Itd be easier to bore me, or get me excietd.
Theres many figures i know i dont stand a chance to get, and then got over them. Like the carnegie giga. But the thing with the Papo spinosaurus 2019 is that someone was kind enough to offer it for free. That blew my mind.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.