News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mesozoo Dinosaur Brand

Started by Shonisaurus, September 12, 2020, 11:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

So, the idea of a yellowish Tyrannosaurus with dark horizontal stripes is copyrighted now? The patterns aren't the same at all, just vaguely similar colours.

As for that raptor, both look like golden eagles. The only thing that's really similar between them is that the eye stripe is more dramatic than on the real bird, and even that is potentially coincidental, it's not exactly the most original idea.

This game lets players customize their own skins, the colours are all chosen by the user, not by developers. So if you really want to you could try to replicate a bunch of things in it.

MLMjp

I like this Allosaurus figure, but the head and teeth need to be polished...

I wonder how big it is?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stolpergeist on September 14, 2020, 07:29:22 PM
Ah, that's a relief.
There has been so much shady stuff going on with other dinosaur games lately I got extremely distrustful towards this industry.
I do hear that, things have been good so far with BoB but after The Isle it's not going to be easy to get back to giving these games the benefit of the doubt.

Shonisaurus

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp For an allosaurus made by a toy company it is medium / large in size it is a little larger than Doug Watson's allosaurus but smaller than other versions of the allosaurus like Nanmu's, but overall it is a figure that is in the average genius of allosaurus figures, not spectacular but not bad either.

The sculpture is good, it has seams on the jaw, knee legs, arms and the lower part of the tail. The jaw is articulated but cannot be closed. The teeth are painted a bit sloppy. The sculpture of the head is good, the arms are not in pronation that is something to take into account.

The sustainability of the figure is a bit bad. They had me in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences to choose an allosaurus out of six that had the one that did not have sustainability problems, mine fortunately does not give itself but the rest of allosaurus do not stand up.

The paint is good and reminds me of Schleich's baryonyx and Battat's acrocanthosaurus (latest paint version). The paint is great. That yes the sculpture of the eyes could be better. In general, the figure as I say is within the acceptability average and honestly, that news of that new company of toy dinosaurs on the part of my whole life Store did not expect it.

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thanks for all the Info :) I just have to second, what ? @Stolpergeist  said about the Prices. Really impressive and i want to be supportive to small Companys/Artists.

And:

QuoteThere has been so much shady stuff going on with other dinosaur games lately I got extremely distrustful towards this industry.

*takes away Path of Titans* My poor, little Game. It is fine, and there is no Trustissues with this Developer. :D *coughes in: The Isle*

Shonisaurus

I hope Manuel revises the Mesozoo ceratosaurus and spinosaurus well and they solve all defects in their prototypes, and that both figures will be commercialized soon and are commercially successful.

Mattyonyx

I made a review of the Mesozoo Allosaurus on my page (in Italian):

https://youtu.be/uEnPArFcw8s

Looking closely at the Allosaurus Mesozoo it's easy to understand why, despite some flaws, it has attracted do much attention and we hope that the passion with which the Team is carrying out its project keeps burning bright!

PrimevalRaptor

Wow, looks really nice, the head sculpt especially is great. Overall pretty close to the Safari one in terms of quality I'd say (and hey, given the company is based in Madrid, maybe this could pass off as A.europaeus?)

Loon

Wow, it looks pretty good. Definitely there with the tops brands in terms of details, though the paint's just ok. This makes me interested to see what their Spinosaurus is going to look like in physical form.

Duna

It looks really really nice! ^-^ The sculpt is very well done, the pose is superb, I really like it. The warping of the foot it's very easy to fix with hot water. If it is painted by an artist it would be top class.

Shonisaurus

I can't wait to see your new ceratosaurus and spinosaurus, the latter made according to the latest scientific discoveries to date. Mesozoo is a latent threat to the rest of the dinosaur collecting and / or toy companies.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Duna on October 09, 2020, 10:35:56 AM
It looks really really nice! ^-^ The sculpt is very well done, the pose is superb, I really like it. The warping of the foot it's very easy to fix with hot water. If it is painted by an artist it would be top class.

I don't know, I've already tried and the feet came back to the warped position. Maybe it's me, I've never had luck with this method...

Mattyonyx

We gathered some pictures of Spinosaurus Renders and Prestosuchus test sample: https://bit.ly/3lG5vSB

These previews from Mesozoo look really promising... The bipedal pose looks so good on Spinosaurus and that Prestosuchus is a huge improvement over the Allosaurus.

Shonisaurus

It has improved a lot with the new Mesozoo figures when it comes to prestosuchus and spinosaurus. Honestly, the allosaurus is at the height of a low-cost dinosaur compared to the quality of the new figures judging the initial prototypes in the spinosaurus (it can be biped or quadruped) and prestosuchus (especially the prestosuchus) whose prototype seems finished give a idea of the supersatisfactory company whose figures are totally superb.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 13, 2020, 10:56:49 PM
It has improved a lot with the new Mesozoo figures when it comes to prestosuchus and spinosaurus. Honestly, the allosaurus is at the height of a low-cost dinosaur compared to the quality of the new figures judging the initial prototypes in the spinosaurus (it can be biped or quadruped) and prestosuchus (especially the prestosuchus) whose prototype seems finished give a idea of the supersatisfactory company whose figures are totally superb.

From what I've been told, ther have been issues with the quality control on the Allosaurus, mainly because of the way the chinese factory handled the test sample. Now that it's under aramillo' supervision, they won't make the same mistake.

Loon

The Prestosuchus looks gorgeous. I don't know if it'll be replacing my Safari figure, though; which, funnily enough, has the exact same pose. Still, a definite improvement over the Allosaurus.

The Spinosaurus is what I'm really excited about. This is the figure I've been waiting for since I first got into collecting. Hopefully, we get to see a physical prototype soon and that it's a decent size. After the apparent small size of Safari's upcoming figure and how tiny the Mesozoo Allosaurus looked, I'd like a nice big Spinosaurus.

PrimevalRaptor

The Prestosuchus looks incredible, love the bulky neck! Can't wait for more shots of this guy, looks like a serious contender for the Safari one.
And really excited for that Spinosaurus as well, neat pose and also fairly bulky. Gonna be interesting to see it colored.

Flaffy

After seeing in hand pics of the Allosaurus, I'm honestly not sure if I want to get it anymore.
The factory paint absolutely ruins the sculpt. And as many have pointed out already, the teeth paint is easily the worst aspect of the figure.

The Prestosuchus on the other hand looks amazing. I wonder how the Mesozoo version stacks up to the Safari one.
Hopefully the final product won't have horrid factory paint apps... And also, Mesozoo seems keen to listen to feedback on their paint/colour choices, and is actively seeking opinions on what colours collectors want on the Prestosuchus figure on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGQICq3l0Zy/

If y'all have any suggestions, now is a good time to present them. I personally feel the current paintjob on the Presto is too similar to the Allosaurus, especially the white patterning/stripes.

Digital 3D model for those who would like to inspect the details of the figure:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/O5Exw

Nanuqsaurus

That Spino looks really promising! I love how bulky it is. Could very well be the definitive version of Spinosaurus in toy form, until they discover once again that it looked radically different than we previously thought of course! :P

Sim

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 14, 2020, 08:51:28 AM
Mesozoo keeps getting more impressive.
The Prestosuchus looks fantastic.
I really love the skin on it giving a nice contrast to Safari's version that is covered in scutes and osteoderms all over.
From what I know the Mesozoo take is just as likely and it is really nice to have some variation on the shelf.

Actually Prestosuchus is known to have osteoderms, see avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson's comment on this DTB review: http://dinotoyblog.com/2019/01/02/prestosuchus-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: