News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mesozoo Dinosaur Brand

Started by Shonisaurus, September 12, 2020, 11:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

wow I love how beefy this guy is...I have the Safari one but ...very tempting to replace it with this one!

I would love this company to try making some large girthy labyrinthodont(?) amphibians.  Large amphibs have always creeped me out(including extant ones) and I think this co. would do a great job depicting that.

Sim

? @Stolpergeist did you see my post on the subject?:

Quote from: Sim on October 14, 2020, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 14, 2020, 08:51:28 AM
Mesozoo keeps getting more impressive.
The Prestosuchus looks fantastic.
I really love the skin on it giving a nice contrast to Safari's version that is covered in scutes and osteoderms all over.
From what I know the Mesozoo take is just as likely and it is really nice to have some variation on the shelf.

Actually Prestosuchus is known to have osteoderms, see avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson's comment on this DTB review: http://dinotoyblog.com/2019/01/02/prestosuchus-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/

Bokisaurus

Beautiful new figures! I wish there was an easier way to purchase them in the US.

Newt

Nice sculpt on Prestosuchus! I love his dainty little forepaws, and the monitor-like wrinkles on his neck and flanks. I would like to see a little more muscle around the jaw joint; it seems odd to see the bones so starkly outlined there.

I wonder if the sculptor is positing that Presto's osteoderms would be buried under thick scaly skin and not evident on the surface? I'm not sure if any extant animals have osteoderms that don't correspond with surface integument. Maybe some skinks? Hmmm.

Anyhow, this is definitely a company to watch! I will look forward to their future offerings.

Shonisaurus

It is very well sculpted that prestosuchus honestly if the real animal is the same or very similar to its prototype, Mesozoo will have done a very job. I understand that Mesozoo is going to catch up to the same standard of quality as its Eofauna counterpart and the rest of most toy dinosaur brands.

Roar

Oh :o thats an awesome looking Prestosuchus. Cant wait😄
Onwards to adventure!

Minmiminime

Just in case anyone isn't aware, the Mesozoo Allosaurus is now available on Amazon! I don't know if this will reduce shipping costs etc but definitely worth checking out. I'm assuming it will auto-translate from Spanish?? Apologies if not, I am deeply technologically inept. But here's the link anyway https://www.amazon.es/MESOZOO-ALLOSAURUS/dp/B08P3W63GT/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mesozoo+Allosaurus&qid=1607338133&sr=8-1

I can't wait for their Spinosaurus, Prestosuchus and especially the Ceratosaurus! I adore the Allosaurus, flaws all  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Duna

thank you! :) It's really nice and affordable.

Bread

Thank you! Been looking for a good/affordable way of purchasing this Allosaurus. Hopefully all future figures will be put on Amazon.

Dino_Soros

Over $100 shipping to California minimum. :(

Faelrin

That would be good to see, and possibly help the brand get more exposure too while at it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Subduction

I won't lie. I keep coming back to this thread hoping for new updates. I purchased the Allosaurus figure as soon as I learned about it's existence. From what I'm seeing though, it's definitely better to wait and see when other distributor's have them. Because shipping was the same price as the figure itself.

But I'm excited for the Spinosaurus and Prestosuchus! I just feel like Mesozoo has a lot of potential. :D

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: John on September 12, 2020, 01:12:24 PM
Thanks for the link Shonisaurus,that Allosaurus is the best one to come along in a very long time. :)
does the safari one mean nothing to you
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

John

Hopefully this line will be available in the U.S.  :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Subduction

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 21, 2021, 01:12:20 PM
Thanks for the link Shonisaurus,that Allosaurus is the best one to come along in a very long time. :)

Why not both? I believe the Mesozoo Allosaurus is meant to represent A.europaeus and the Safari 2019 is either A.fragilis or A.jimmadseni. Can't say no to more representation in the same genus!

John

Quote from: Subduction on January 22, 2021, 04:59:17 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 21, 2021, 01:12:20 PM

Why not both? I believe the Mesozoo Allosaurus is meant to represent A.europaeus and the Safari 2019 is either A.fragilis or A.jimmadseni. Can't say no to more representation in the same genus!
My preference for the Mesozoo Allosaurus doesn't mean that the Safari one was bad.Nor does it mean that no other Allosaurus should be made.The more Allosaurus that turn up,the better.That's also true for Ceratosaurus and even Tyrannosaurus.
And yes,the Mesozoo one is Allosaurus europaeus and the Safari Ltd. one is A. fragilis. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Stegotyranno420

Progress on the spinosaurus. Might use this as a bro for my upcoming papo one, or maybe as a female

Mattyonyx

There's another version of that Spinosaurus already, and more are coming!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAdRymKClf/

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 09, 2021, 02:57:45 AM
There's another version of that Spinosaurus already, and more are coming!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAdRymKClf/
oh sorry avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx , I forgot to credit you for the pictures, but thanks for the link

Shonisaurus

Every day that passes there is less time for that figure of Mesozoo to be commercialized. Honestly, my greatest wishes to order Mesozoo would be that it be of a considerable size. It will honestly be the best scientific spinosaurus made to date.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: