News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I'll wait for whatever it takes, although I honestly don't expect big news from Safari. Something tells me that this year in general, except for Chinese brands, will be a poor year in terms of dinosaur news and prehistoric animals in terms of western companies as I have already pointed out.

As much as we complain, Safari will not reveal its news before, we have to be patient to sanctify ourselves as people.

My opinion is the following, is that the more we complain in life about anything and not only in relation to revealing the news about Safari dinosaurs but in general terms, the more people and people will hit us with more force and violence life.

Patience and resignation and conformism make us better people and in this case waiting as long as it is for them to reveal the news of Safari without expecting great news or great things will make us better people.

What has to be from Safari will be.

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 11, 2020, 02:11:52 AM
This discussion means only one thing. No matter how a company unveils its new products someone won't be happy  8) :P C:-)

I'm trying to think of a way that companies could reveal their products that would make me unhappy, and I can't think of one aside from their launching them into my face with a trebuchet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2020, 02:47:04 PM
This discussion means only one thing. No matter how a company unveils its new products someone won't be happy  8) :P C:-)

I'm trying to think of a way that companies could reveal their products that would make me unhappy, and I can't think of one aside from their launching them into my face with a trebuchet.

This would mean free Figures! Trebuchet sounds okayish to me.

PumperKrickel

"We originally planned to release a figure of Haikouichthys, but have this T-Rex instead."

CityRaptor

Quote from: PumperKrickel on October 11, 2020, 04:41:42 PM
"We originally planned to release a figure of Haikouichthys, but have this T-Rex instead."
;D
No, that sounds more like REBOR.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PumperKrickel on October 11, 2020, 04:41:42 PM

how about i amplify it:
We originally planned to realease haikouichtys, bremodus, rhizodus, stethacanthus, and many more fish. Here is a neon green rubbery jurassic park knockoff rex that has a articulated jaw

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 11, 2020, 05:39:37 PM
We originally planned to realease haikouichtys, bremodus, rhizodus, stethacanthus, and many more fish. Here is a neon green rubbery jurassic park knockoff rex that has a articulated jaw
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 11, 2020, 05:10:24 PM
;D
No, that sounds more like REBOR.

CityRaptor

Of course Safari WILL bring out a new T.rex. which will presumbly not be accurate due to being a fantasy take on it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

bmathison1972

:)) :)) :))

Kapitaenosavrvs

Looking at the Siluettes again, i kind of disliked the SPinotail. But then it made sense. The last gen of SPinos got critic here and there fot being quadrupedal, oder something in between blabla.

I just made this a few moments ago and it could be a nice, Bipedal (maybe semi tripod for stability) Spinosaurus. Just a bit more upright, than completely horizontal.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 11, 2020, 10:03:48 PM
Of course Safari WILL bring out a new T.rex. which will presumbly not be accurate due to being a fantasy take on it.
no i was just joking. Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to a random company

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

So we're pretty sure the silhouettes shown represent the full line up this year, right? I suppose that would track with the suggestions that they might limit their production in the coming year due to the hit Covid dealt to various industries.

Faelrin

I've been wondering that as well but it has only been a week too. Just gotta wait and see. Granted even if these were the only new ones I'm sure they'll be exciting.

I'm also curious as to what may end up being retired.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2020, 08:37:07 AM
....... resignation and conformism make us better people .......

No and no! I cannot agree.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 12, 2020, 04:38:55 AM
So we're pretty sure the silhouettes shown represent the full line up this year, right? I suppose that would track with the suggestions that they might limit their production in the coming year due to the hit Covid dealt to various industries.
I hope not, but it seems likely
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

I don't mind a smaller line up for this year tbh. Got plenty of fantastic Safari figures I still need to catch up on, some I've been putting off for years.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on October 12, 2020, 11:47:11 AM
I don't mind a smaller line up for this year tbh. Got plenty of fantastic Safari figures I still need to catch up on, some I've been putting off for years.
Exactly! Definitely the silver lining in the cloud. Not to mention catching-up with other brands too.

Jose S.M.

I wouldn't mind if they were less figures this year. What would bother me a bit would be if all if them are theropods.

Loon

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 12, 2020, 12:13:31 PM
O wouldn't mind if they were less figures this year. What would bother me a bit would be if all if them are theropods.

It makes sense, though. It's been a rough year, not only because of the pandemic, but they've also moved. So, I can see them scaling back for next year, and theropods are probably bigger sellers than anything else. Of course, that's only if these are all there is.

suspsy

While I can certainly understand Safari's reasons for reducing the number of releases next year, it will be a tremendous disappointment if they are all theropods. Doug Watson would have completed sculpting on the 2021 models a long time ago, so presumably he did a whole bunch of them.

We shall see.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: