News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

CollectA appears to have the same affection for dark green on light green as Safari Ltd. has for black on yellow.

Although sometimes I remind myself just how many extant animals, usually mammals, are coloured mainly in slightly varying shades of brown. Dinosaurs may well not have been that different in terms of colour.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Szajmin

I like to imagine that animals animals occupying similar niches will have similar colors.

So i would like theropods painted like tigers, jagurs, wolfs, not like hawks or parrots.

Sinosauropteryx is like a racoon.

suspsy

Green coloration definitely benefits any theropod living in a forested area, which was the case for Neovenator.

Eocarcharia

They're far from perfect, but I think the Megalosaurus and Neovenator are good enough for me to pick up once they come out. I can always repaint them. I already have some ideas in mind.

Wandering

I like what they where going for.... but.... so far I'm not sold on the Megalosaurus....

triceratops83

Only a couple more days until the next reveal! After Safari's minimal output with nothing of interest for me, Collecta's my darling for next year. With the Pteranodon being a big surprise, I'm stoked to see what they have yet to offer.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

I really hope tomorrow's reveal is all non-dinosaurs.

Brocc21

That Deluxe Pteranodon is lookin mighty fine but God knows I don't have enough room on my shelf.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

Tomorrow's revelation? Are the Collecta revelations coming up tomorrow? Normally Safari reveals its figures every Friday.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 18, 2020, 05:09:06 PM
Tomorrow's revelation? Are the Collecta revelations coming up tomorrow? Normally Safari reveals its figures every Friday.

Yes, tomorrow is Thursday, meaning that Everything Dinosaur should have the new reveals posted sometime after 9PM (if you're on the eastern half of North America).

Szajmin

Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2020, 12:59:48 PM

Same. Or at least some more underrepresented spieces or taxa (not just a sauropod or teropod) but like scientifically accurate gallimimus, mononykus

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Szajmin on November 18, 2020, 07:41:43 PM

Same. Or at least some more underrepresented spieces or taxa (not just a sauropod or teropod) but like scientifically accurate gallimimus, mononykus

My greatest desire is a paraceratherium, I know it is to ask for an impossible, today but to dream ...

They still make a quality deluxe shonisaurus or shastasaurus at least one shonisaurus to replace my Schleich shonisaurus.

Faelrin

A new deluxe Shonisaurus would be amazing really.

I hope we get the Paleozoic invertebrate and if there is any Cenozoic animals this year from them, revealed next. Still hoping we will get a certain giant fish (or two) as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Thialfi

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 18, 2020, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: Szajmin on November 18, 2020, 07:41:43 PM

My greatest desire is a paraceratherium, I know it is to ask for an impossible, today but to dream ...

They still make a quality deluxe shonisaurus or shastasaurus at least one shonisaurus to replace my Schleich shonisaurus.

Hard same on that paraceratherium. Or any prehistoric mammal for that matter. Sorely lacking from any company so far..

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi

If there's going to be a mammal I hope it's Repenomamus or Adalatherium.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Totally agree with you a Paleozoic invertebrate and one or two prehistoric fish would be spectacular.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi Welcome to the forum. hopefully one day Collecta will make a high quality paraceratherium that will make us forget its predecessor Deluxe.

Varanops

1:  Welcome to the Forum, Thialfi.
2:  Where ostensibly garish coloration on dinosaurs is concerned, we need occasionally remind ourselves -- when marveling at a male Lady Gouldian finch or a spectacular bower bird (themselves dinosaurs, after all) -- that anything on the palette goes (except for that annoying and unrealistic "JP" on the flanks of some models).

Flaffy

suspsy

bmathison1972

The Xiphactinus joins my wishlist; avatar_suspsy @suspsy are the extant models revealed too?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: