News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

I like the mini dinos as I don't have much room for the big ones! Agree with earlier comment though that they could have put something new in there rather than the pliosaurus we already have. A mini version of the edaphosaurus would have been good.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 20, 2020, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 20, 2020, 03:48:27 PM
Oh boy! I love both Figures and the Minis! I am really looking forward for more photos or Videos. Yay, more Marine Reptiles!

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Thanks for explaining. It is so great to have so much knowledge here at the Forum.

(I did not know about Hydrotherosaurus and the Bones look a lot more like what i used for my Elasmosaurus sculpt. A short Google told me, that it was also late Cretacious and lived in now northern America on the Westcoast. Like Tylosaurus proriger. Could Hydrotherosaurus be possible prey to Tylosaurus? The estimated Length of 7.8m also fits roughly my scale, because i always thought of a younger Elasmosaurus. Sorry, if this does not fit into this Topic, but i was so blown away how the Proportions fit (Big Flippers and shorter Neck).)

Yes, we're inadvertently turning this into the plesiosaur thread. I can always split the topic if we continue.

Hydrotherosaurus is Maastrichtian while Elasmosaurus is slightly older, Campanian. Tylosaurus the genus spans both these stages as well as the Santonian, but T. proriger the species is only Santonian to Campanian, not Maastrichtian, as far as I know.

Ah, too bad. But thank you very much for your Reply! Then i am okay with my "not adult" Elasmosaurus. I do not want to interrupt this Thread.

suspsy

Quote from: Crackington on November 21, 2020, 05:14:06 PM
I like the mini dinos as I don't have much room for the big ones! Agree with earlier comment though that they could have put something new in there rather than the pliosaurus we already have. A mini version of the edaphosaurus would have been good.

It would have been great if the Kronosaurus or the Thalassomedon (Edaphosaurus doesn't work as well due to its Paleozoic placement) had been used instead, but I guess they wanted to save a little money. Oh well, now the Deluxe Pliosaurus will have two babies!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on November 21, 2020, 08:54:16 PM

It would have been great if the Kronosaurus or the Thalassomedon (Edaphosaurus doesn't work as well due to its Paleozoic placement) had been used instead, but I guess they wanted to save a little money. Oh well, now the Deluxe Pliosaurus will have two babies!

I dunno, they put a mini Estemmenosuchus in a box with all those Cenozoic animals, so there are occasional oddballs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinoxels

This made me chuckle when I saw it, good old "auto translate" ::)!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Wandering

Damn I think I have a new favorite Elasmosaurus model! also I've been waiting for a proper xiphactinus model!

Shonisaurus

By the way, the xiphactinus is fabulous, but I have noticed it by the photograph of the protype and by the size revealed by the Collecta company and by everythingdinosaur, which will be a fairly small figure. I sincerely wish it hadn't been made to scale and was the same size as the Collecta brand megalodon and dunkleosteus.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2020, 10:41:05 PM

I dunno, they put a mini Estemmenosuchus in a box with all those Cenozoic animals, so there are occasional oddballs.

Speaking of, maybe they'll make a "Permo-Triassic oddballs" set eventually, once they have enough large figures as prototypes. It would be nice to have the Lisowicia in there too.

terrorchicken

wow that giant fishy! never though Id see a figure made for one of those. The elasmo is great too, love the colors and the thick neck.

Crackington

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 22, 2020, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2020, 10:41:05 PM

Speaking of, maybe they'll make a "Permo-Triassic oddballs" set eventually, once they have enough large figures as prototypes. It would be nice to have the Lisowicia in there too.

Yes, we've been crying out for a Permian tube for a while now! I realise that Edaphosaurus wouldn't fit in the dinosaur set they're releasing but suggested it given that they already broke the "temporal rules" with Estemmenoschus in mind from the mini mammals set,  as avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  notes. Mind you, I think these new mini dinos cover a wide spread of time in themselves!

Quite like them though so hope Collecta keeps making them.....

suspsy

I'd certainly buy a Permian toob. Without hesitation.

On an unrelated note, I think we should be prepared for the strong possibility that one of the final reveals this week will be a repaint of an old toy, just like this year's rearing Diplodocus.

Faelrin

Add me to the list of folks wanting a Permian or Paleozoic too, preferably with genera they have yet to do that would work better as smaller figures (such as Cacops, trilobites, etc).

Probably would be fine with a repaint. Considering the situation I am surprised at how many new figures they will be able to do so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 22, 2020, 05:12:54 PM
By the way, the xiphactinus is fabulous, but I have noticed it by the photograph of the protype and by the size revealed by the Collecta company and by everythingdinosaur, which will be a fairly small figure. I sincerely wish it hadn't been made to scale and was the same size as the Collecta brand megalodon and dunkleosteus.

That's funny, I was trying to estimate the scale and I was slightly disappointed to find that, like most of their deluxe figures, it's significantly too large for 1:40. But hey, it will fit nicely on my increasingly populated 1:30 shelf, and incidentally that means it scales very well with the CollectA Dunkleosteus. Either way, good to have a nice representation of the animal from a major brand.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 01:26:29 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 22, 2020, 05:12:54 PM

That's funny, I was trying to estimate the scale and I was slightly disappointed to find that, like most of their deluxe figures, it's significantly too large for 1:40. But hey, it will fit nicely on my increasingly populated 1:30 shelf, and incidentally that means it scales very well with the CollectA Dunkleosteus. Either way, good to have a nice representation of the animal from a major brand.

At least we have one prehistoric fish that is not the megalodon or the dunkleosteus. I hope that Collecta and the rest of the toy dinosaur brands will be encouraged to reproduce more figures of prehistoric fish, although obviously that will depend on the demand among children and collectors.

Unfortunately, prehistoric fish are very little treated figures among prehistoric toy animals. I am glad you like the xiphactinus from Collecta Halichoeres.

CarnotaurusKing

Hoping for a Livyatan, Thylacosmilus, and/or an updated Brachiosaurus. But knowing my luck, I wouldn't hold my breath. Watch them release the million and first Giganotosaurus on the market, and their 400th feathered Tyrannosaurus rerelease.

Szajmin

Livyatan or any extinct whale would be great (exept basilosaurus because few figures are available).

I am hoping that last bunch will not contain any reptiles (ok maybe some turtles would be OK)

Lanthanotus

Now, the paint job on the Elasmosaurus requires some getting used too, but the sculpt looks fabulous. Hope it`s not too small....

Shonisaurus

Hopefully among the latest Collecta revelations it will be a super outstanding and beautiful paraceratherium. Dreaming is free...

Szajmin

Paraceratherium would the best.

I am thinking about buying I-Toy, but the price is too much for me.

suspsy

My advice to all those wanting Paraceratherium? Contact CollectA about your desire. Even if we don't get one in 2021, they could decide to do it for 2022. They are one of the most receptive companies I know of.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: