News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PumperKrickel

CollectA Deluxe Mamenchisaurus in 1:100 scale – length 40 cm, height of head 24 cm.

How is it 1/100 scale with those dimensions?

Loon

Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 06, 2020, 08:02:40 AM
CollectA Deluxe Mamenchisaurus in 1:100 scale – length 40 cm, height of head 24 cm.

Where'd you get those dimensions? If it really is that big, I'm even more excited for it.

Update: I found the measurements on Everything Dinosaur.
CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Kamuysaurus – length 14 cm, height 5.3 cm.
CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Brontosaurus prey – length 25 cm, width 15 cm.

24cm, a little over a foot, would make this roughly 1/80 scale if it's the largest species, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum. But, I'm no expert on scale.

ceratopsian

Impressive figures. And aren't ornithopods having a strong winter?  Personally I don't include the corpse line in my collection but this one is very well done and dramatic. The other two are definite buys for me.

PrimevalRaptor

Very great start for CollectA reveals! Been waiting for a nice (and affordable) Mamenchisaurus since my old Safari one doesn't hold up that well and this looks very promising! Wouldn't have minded a bit more of a pattern on it but it looks really nice and I love the osteoderms and spikes.
Kamuysaurus is another great ornithopod from them, glad to see them getting so much love right now (and this one's even a pretty newly described one!). Nice colorful little guy.
And while I wouldn't pick up carcasses, this Brontosaurus one sure is gonna be handy for dioramas.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 03:19:19 AM
I have to say, these are some very exciting reveals. I just hope there aren't any allosauroids waiting to disappoint me.
Hah hah I agree.
I think the Mamenchi looks okay, I'm good with the speculation the figure has about the tail club. Who knows maybe CollectA predicted something. The colors I am not really fan of, it feels like a carbon copy of the Diplodocus repaint from 2020. It's sort of big, but at the same time kind of small. I wish the Mamenchi was 1:40 scale instead of 1:100.
The Kamuy looks fantastic, it matches up with the skeleton that was put on display when it was discovered beautifully. I like how it's very visible that they heard about Edmon's hoof and instead of fixing the toes they just put a large glob of paint on them lol. Or maybe that's just the way it looks in these images. My only real issue is that that yellow stripe on the face looks a little odd.
The dead Bronto looks amazing, besides its strangely floating tail. I really love this one.
Right now I will probably get the Kamuy and dead Bronto when they release, I need to see more positives of the Mamenchi before I get it.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Loon

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels the Mamenchisaurus tail club is based on fused vertebrae at the top of the tail, and maybe Shunosaurus, I guess. It's explained in this article: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/11/06/new-collecta-models-2021-part-1.html

The Kamuysaurus feet are a little sloppy. But, it's strange, it seems as though the toes in the background are painted far more neatly.

Arctinus

Wow, that mamenchisaurus! Might just be my first Collecta dinosaur.  ;D Holy cr*posaurus, now I might as well start collecting Collecta dinosaurs. Might as well throw all my clothes out to make room for all these new figures. xD

indohyus

Feels like ages since we had a corpse from CollectA. Really want that one. May ask to review it, when we can start asking to review the models.

Sarapaurolophus

All those hadrosaur reveals are giving me early Christmas vibes. Too bad the Kamuyasaurus also looks like Christmas. It would need a complete repaint to stay in my house. Very nice facial markings, tho. I always like when they do that.

The Mamenchisaurus is beautiful!

The corpse honestly startled me. I know they are popular for scenes and dioramas but I'll never ease up to them. Would have preferred to see another living animal. But this is only the start, I'm excited for what else is to come!

Wallnut

I want mamenchisaurus it looks fantastic.Also it is a good year for collecta the models are not bad but thats only part 1 I dont want a tansytropterus the plesiosaur like triassic creature carnegie did 2 variants of tansytropterus.Tansytropterus is my least favorite living thing in the world.

Jose S.M.

I'm very happy with the Mamenchisaurus and the Kamuysaurus but will repaint that one. I thought the Sauropod would be too small at that scale but dimensions seem fine.

suspsy

Added the Series 2 AR miniatures to the OP.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Wallnut

Finally a new argentinosaurus it needs to big.A 1/40 scale argentinosaurus figurines length needs to be 1 meters long 40 inches also ı need a argentinosaurus with a color skin thats greyish.I want to be the argentinosaurus sculpt is like in the planet dinosaur episode new giants. I only care about argentinosaurus from line 2.Line 1 I dont care about brontosaurus carcass its looking good but its small it is like 1/65 scale.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 12:14:31 PM
Added the Series 2 AR miniatures to the OP.

What a nice revelation the therizinosaurus and argentinosaurus in mini version and I had not realized it. Are the sizes of both mini figures known?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Awesome Figures! I love them.
Also, i love the carcass! This will be great for Dioramas!

The smaller Scale is perfect to me! I have huge Sauropods and always liked them, but in the end i have more use for smaller Sauropods.
I have to say, i am more than happy! The 1:100 Mamenchi is a big boy. Kind of. Will look fine in a Group of Sauropods.

I just love, that CollectA has some kind of continuity to their Figures. The Carcass fits perfectly to the already done Brontosaurus.

And the Hadro. Just yes. I don't know this Genus, so i can't say alot about accuracy. But i like the Coloration and sculpt. It is typical CollectA, but in a good way. I love colourful Hadrosaurs. It just fits them. I got their Fukuisaurus this year instead of their Fukuiraptor, because of an error within the Company where i ordered, but man. The Detail, Sculpt, Paint and PRICE are almost unbeatable. Great for Repaints.

I guess everyone already said everything there is to say. I am happy about this news.

Halichoeres

CollectA's published scales aren't to be taken seriously. This looks like it will be maybe 15% smaller than the PNSO Mamenchisaurus, so it might be the one for me. Can anyone tell from this image what species it might be?

The Kamuysaurus is a winner, too.

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 10:24:49 AM
The Kamuysaurus feet are a little sloppy. But, it's strange, it seems as though the toes in the background are painted far more neatly.
I think you might be seeing a hooflike nail over the front toes like in the photos of the Edmontosaurus mummy that were going around a few months ago.

I kind of wish we could see the other side of that Brontosaurus--I'm thinking the right front leg must be attached by just a sliver of tissue.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

So um did anyone else notice the Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus mini figures? I don't believe CollectA has those offered in their larger scales yet right? Perhaps larger figures of those will be releasing this year as well? The rest are certainly based on their older models.

Edit: Never mind, all of these sculpts were existing mini figures that were sold in tubes before. All of these are repacks essentially.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 06, 2020, 02:52:37 PM
CollectA's published scales aren't to be taken seriously. This looks like it will be maybe 15% smaller than the PNSO Mamenchisaurus, so it might be the one for me. Can anyone tell from this image what species it might be?

Probably M. sinocanadorum, the biggest species.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

darth daniel

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 08:12:14 AM
Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 06, 2020, 08:02:40 AM

Where'd you get those dimensions? If it really is that big, I'm even more excited for it.

Update: I found the measurements on Everything Dinosaur.
CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Kamuysaurus – length 14 cm, height 5.3 cm.
CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Brontosaurus prey – length 25 cm, width 15 cm.

24cm, a little over a foot, would make this roughly 1/80 scale if it's the largest species, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum. But, I'm no expert on scale.

I did some calculations based on the sizes stated for each species on wikipedia. Based on height and length in the image (admittedly, a rough method), if the head is 24 cm off the ground, 40 cm is the figure´s length (like projected on the ground) but not the length of the spine, which might end up somewhere around 50 cm (rough guess). The "table" below shows the scales for both reference lengths for each species. (And yes, I´m quite excited for this figure! ^-^ )

M. constructus:                 13 m     1:32,5 @ 40 cm            1:26 @ 50 cm
M. hochuanensis:              22 m     1:55 @ 40 cm.              1:44 @ 50 cm
M. Jingyanensis:        20 - 26 m      1:50 - 1:65 @ 40 cm    1:40 - 1:52 @ 50 cm
M. sinocanadorum:           35 m      1:87,5 @ 40 cm.           1:70 @ 50 cm
M. youngi:                       16 m      1:40 @ 40 cm.              1:32 @ 50 cm

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Arctinus on November 06, 2020, 10:25:29 AM
Wow, that mamenchisaurus! Might just be my first Collecta dinosaur.  ;D Holy cr*posaurus, now I might as well start collecting Collecta dinosaurs. Might as well throw all my clothes out to make room for all these new figures. xD
Honestly, why do we even need so many clothes? Why cant it be like cartoon characters and its always the same outfit. It saves money and time!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: