News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 22, 2021, 09:57:51 AM
Is Diplodocus the only dinosaur figure going to be released by Eofauna this year? Does anyone have any information whether they will release any other additional prehistoric figure/s?

They said they would be giving more info soon, so perhaps they will say something about that. But they also said they're working on it, so it appears not to be ready just yet. Like I previously said, I asked them not so long ago if they intended to release another figure this year, and they said they we were working on one ( ;) ) and that they were expecting to release it late this year. Since they also said the same with the Triceratops, I would expect this Diplodocus to be finally released early next year... but who knows

Shonisaurus

By the way, that Eofauna diplodocus will have two colored versions like its triceratops?

GR Toys' dicreaosaurus has two color versions and Nanmu's apatosaurus have them as well. Could there be two versions of colors as I have already pointed out in which one of the diplodocus was the dominant male?

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I think that they are much more inclined towards prehistoric herbivores rather than the contemporary carnivores. Although the figures are definitely the final words for the species they choose for figure both anatomically and aesthetically. But I am too eager to see some theropod figures of both the iconic and obscure ones from them apart from the Giganotosaurus.

Prehistory Resurrection

Spoiler

SidB

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 22, 2021, 03:12:37 PM
I think that they are much more inclined towards prehistoric herbivores rather than the contemporary carnivores. Although the figures are definitely the final words for the species they choose for figure both anatomically and aesthetically. But I am too eager to see some theropod figures of both the iconic and obscure ones from them apart from the Giganotosaurus.
A downside with Eofauna's extremely deliberate and careful research and design process is that we have had to and will wait a very long time for these hopes to materialize. On the other hand, as an associate of mine was notorious for proclaiming:"It's a good experience (e.g., waiting) and builds character." Then again, perhaps we may feel that we have quite enough character already, thank you.

croco_105

Quote from: SidB on May 28, 2021, 07:58:13 PM
A downside with Eofauna's extremely deliberate and careful research and design process is that we have had to and will wait a very long time for these hopes to materialize. On the other hand, as an associate of mine was notorious for proclaiming:"It's a good experience (e.g., waiting) and builds character." Then again, perhaps we may feel that we have quite enough character already, thank you.

I too wish they were able to release a greater number of figures each year but the old saying goes, "quality over quantity". 
I guess better to have a few really nice ones than a lot of mediocre ones.

SidB

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I agree with quality over quantity, especially with space an issue. I also have no problems with a long wait. I'm used to it, and I sometimes enjoy the wait anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Sometimes I'm surprised at how patient people on the Forum are with Eofauna's pace, but it appears that it can be ascribed both to the fact that their products are really worth waiting for and also to the attitude that you, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , are describing, namely the subtle pleasure that is the gift to those mature and disciplined enough to appreciate the value of delayed gratification. It's not easy to wait.

Fembrogon

EoFauna figures are definitely worth the wait, and said wait helps make each new release feel a little extra special - that's kind of how I felt when The Carnegie Collection was doing just one or two figures a year, in contrast to the handful of figures released by Wild Safari.
There're also such bountiful options from so many companies across the market now, that it's easy to just shift attentions to fill the time. No EoFauna for 6 months? No biggie, I still have umpteen-dozen PNSO models to catch up on!  :))

Shonisaurus

That diplodocus from PNSO will he have two paint versions like his triceratops?

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 31, 2021, 11:11:13 AM
That diplodocus from PNSO will he have two paint versions like his triceratops?
You mean Eofauna? It is yet to be confirmed.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2021, 04:32:24 PM
Sometimes I'm surprised at how patient people on the Forum are with Eofauna's pace, but it appears that it can be ascribed both to the fact that their products are really worth waiting for and also to the attitude that you, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , are describing, namely the subtle pleasure that is the gift to those mature and disciplined enough to appreciate the value of delayed gratification. It's not easy to wait.

There's a few of us that remember the days of Mail-Away toys and prize offers, when patience was a value we learned by force, stuffing a box top, or a UPC into an envelope with $5 shipping and handling, and then waiting the customary 8 to 12 weeks... I once mailed away for the Star Wars Emperor action figure from Kenner... it came a year later...

As a collector, these delays and wait periods are easy peasy, after mailbox watching for a G.I. Joe I ordered 4 months ago...

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on June 01, 2021, 02:37:57 AM

There's a few of us that remember the days of Mail-Away toys and prize offers, when patience was a value we learned by force, stuffing a box top, or a UPC into an envelope with $5 shipping and handling, and then waiting the customary 8 to 12 weeks... I once mailed away for the Star Wars Emperor action figure from Kenner... it came a year later...

As a collector, these delays and wait periods are easy peasy, after mailbox watching for a G.I. Joe I ordered 4 months ago...
A year later! I'm impressed - that would tax my memory span, but well done, i'd have to say. 'Waiting' should qualify for course credit somewhere! Sounds like you're working on your advanced degree.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SidB on June 01, 2021, 02:43:46 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 01, 2021, 02:37:57 AM

A year later! I'm impressed - that would tax my memory span, but well done, i'd have to say. 'Waiting' should qualify for course credit somewhere! Sounds like you're working on your advanced degree.

Completely off topic but I wonder if those mail-away things were an early version of Kickstarter. Like, did they wait until they saw how many people ordered before they finalized the numbers for the production run? Even in the 90s, the mail-away figures took a very long time between sending in the coupons and getting the figure (Spirit of Obi-Wan, etc.).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Concavenator

Eofauna have posted on Facebook a video of the creation process behind the upcoming Diplodocus model! Looks amazing. And it seems it won't have a completely neutral and stiff pose after all (though I would surely still have been interested in it if it had been that way, to be honest   :P )

No words on scale (though I bet it will be at 1:40) , colour scheme, or size yet. It seems it's still in the works.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Not sure how I feel about this posture. The pronounced hump over the hip looks especially weird

Leyster

I'm not entirely sure on the posture. The data from Vidal et al suggest a more upright posture.

(art by Matt Dempsey)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: