News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weird Figures Only You Would Want?

Started by Loon, October 27, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I would like a fight between saber-toothed cats for example smilodon and doedicurus, I think that a fighting diorama has not yet been made in the toy dinosaur market (I don't know if in the resin figures).

Also a strange figure that only me and few people would like would be that of two baby dinosaurs playing with each other. It would be great.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Mellow Stego on November 02, 2020, 05:06:16 AM
I also would love a spring loaded trilobite that when you press on its back it rolls up.

That's an interesting idea! A Flexicalymene maybe? Maybe Bandai could be talked into doing something like this. They have those roll-able isopods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Justin_

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 02, 2020, 09:07:12 AM
..........  Also a strange figure that only me and few people would like would be that of two baby dinosaurs playing with each other. It would be great.

I think the only playing ones I've seen are these in the Black Horse Stygimoloch group:

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/stygimoloch-finished-model-by-black-horse/

Jose S.M.

Those babies are so cute. Some wishes here are not likely be fulfilled by traditional you companies due to profit reasons. I don't see any strictly speaking toy companies making something like that Stigymoloch group unless is limited or something.  But it would be very nice if they did! It would bring diversity to collectors shelves. Maybe with detachable bases they could manage to still have playability.

Stegotyranno420

Maybe dinosaur families doing things together?(please no cannibalism)

Creature

Quote from: Justin_ on November 02, 2020, 04:39:41 PM
..........  Also a strange figure that only me and few people would like would be that of two baby dinosaurs playing with each other. It would be great.

I think the only playing ones I've seen are these in the Black Horse Stygimoloch group:

Well that one's going on the wish list. They're adorable!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Creature on November 02, 2020, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: Justin_ on November 02, 2020, 04:39:41 PM

Well that one's going on the wish list. They're adorable!
It would be interesting sets of baby dinosaurs like that. avatar_Justin_ @Justin_ Thank you for that photo is sincerely what I would like.

I would also like to see tyrannosaurus babies made by fighting for food and playing like the ones in the Cretaceous Tadd Galusha comic, although perhaps for some baby dinosaurs can be cheesy for me it is something natural and touching.

Reuben03

Scientifically accurate k&m minis. Exactly the same material. Exactly the same paint. Exactly the same style and size. Just scientifically accurate. My ultimate dreammmmm :))

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Loon

S @Stolpergeist little did you know, I actually have early leaked pictures of the 2021 Papo figures:

Kidding, obviously, but I have been craving an updated Postosuchus.

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 06, 2020, 11:31:27 PM
This is how I actually imagine the production process behind their tripods.
Crack those backs, you funky little sculptor.

Papo, cracking backs, tails, and wrists since 2005.

Though, seriously, I wouldn't mind their try at a Postosuchus. Given the improvements they've made in terms of accuracy, I think it'd be at least interesting.

Dinoxels

I love how Papo is slowly just becoming a meme within itself.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Loon

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 06, 2020, 11:47:01 PM
I love how Papo is slowly just becoming a meme within itself.

Hey, their meme game's strong, I'll give 'em that.

Loon

I can see that. There have been many times that I don't want a figure from either company, but have found the charm in it. Schleich's Barapasaurus and Papo's Giganotosaurus come to mind.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 06, 2020, 11:18:27 PM
Tripod non-crocodyliform paracrocodylomorph because I really want one to stand on its hind legs so badly and toy companies seem to struggle with that so a tripod might be a great solution unless someone goes with a base.
I wouldn't even mind one rearing up ridiculously like the Papo Giganotosaurus, as I mentioned in one of the Papo threads, as that would look hilarious.
Could you imagine Papo making a Postosuchus stand like a person?
It seems so silly but would be somewhat cute.
The only one I can think of that does this is the Starlux Saltoposuchus but that one was based on a Burian painting where the animal uses a tree for weight support so it looks a bit less ridiculous in the original artwork.
Considering they were plantigrades and the postures we see modern crocs try to get into, standing like humans (at least while standing still) wouldn't really be out of the picture.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 11:29:17 PM
S @Stolpergeist little did you know, I actually have early leaked pictures of the 2021 Papo figures:

Kidding, obviously, but I have been craving an updated Postosuchus.

Helo, Childhood :>

Nevertheless. A very good Question. So many good Ideas from you all! I'm in with sleeping Dinosaurs. But thats not That weird. A weird Figure would be one thats urinating or defecating. But i am not shure if i need or want that. Maybe in a comical context.
Also something that comes to my mind is more Figures cleaning themselves. I think about feathered Dinosaurs or just anything. Or maybe a Wingcleaning Pterosaur (Oh yes pls.). In genereal more not in flight Pterosaurs.

Maybe playing Dinosaurs. The happy parts of being an Animal. In General i love interacting Animals as Figures. Puts them to life even more. But i guess thats not that weird either.

There are so many Things, but most of them work in somekind of Base Situation or Dioramabase e.g. That makes it expensive. I mean there are already beautiful Statues and Figures, but they are Resinworld. Resinworld ist "No you cant buy that" Land for me. I would love to see more Figures in unconventional poses. No Papo. Psht. Not like you do it. I guess everyone knows what i mean.

But. In the End the Companys need Models Kids can play with. Kids do not want weird or nonclassical poses. Makes the Play harder, because the Figure is limited in univerlas use. But CollectA does it here and there. Crouching, carcasses, with prey. We'll see.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 12:55:03 AM
The only thing to consider would be how far the femur could bend.

Quote from: Loon on November 07, 2020, 12:12:32 AM
Schleich's Barapasaurus and Papo's Giganotosaurus come to mind.

The Schleich Barapasaurus could legit scare some children.

Expect Children from the country where it was found because its like the only dinosaur figure on the market that came from that country  ::)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
Teenage or adult collectors might find pride in it but when it looks like a monster it will scare children regardless.
No i mean as a indian kid myself, i like this figure because its represents a indian dinosaur

Loon

This may seem selfish, as I'm in the US; but, I'd really want a dinosaur from California. Like, I get it, Cali was under water for a good amount of earth's history and there are not many dinosaurs from here, but if the LA Natural History Museum or somebody came out with an Augustynolophus figure, I'd buy 10.

Shonisaurus

Following the thread, I would like a turiasaurus by Collecta with a decent size, it is perhaps one of the largest sauropods in Europe but perhaps the largest that has been found and its remains, within it they are moderately preserved or even It has enough skeletal remains that a dinosaur brand like Collecta, PNSO, Safari, Papo, Schleich, or another brand could do it. I know that for my part it is a bit selfish since it belongs to my nation, Spain and I doubt that any brand is ready to make it except Eofauna or Mesozoo in the event that they were encouraged, it would be the brands of toy dinosaurs that could make Iberian dinosaurs like turiasaurus, concavenator, europelta, avityrannus, miragaia, losillasaurus, soriatitan, blasisaurus or pelecanimus to indicate some examples. I do not think that a brand of toy dinosaurs outside this nation makes Iberian dinosaurs from Spain and Portugal except for the miragaia, concavenator and pelecanimus.

I said I would like a turiasaurus with an acceptable size, even if it were immense like the giraffatitan of W-Dragon, apatosaurus of Nanmu or huanghetitan of PNSO I would buy it with my eyes closed.

BlueKrono

If it fits in one of my collections I want it. The most despised recent example seems to be the Schleich Plesiosaurus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: