You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Everything you wanted to know about feathered dinosaurs

Started by Halichoeres, November 23, 2020, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Dan Ksepka reviews the evidence for feathers in various dinosaur lineages and the stages of their evolution. It's a pretty accessible read and covers some hypotheses for the origins of feathers (he takes a dim view of insulation as an early function, for example).

Open access (I think) in Current Biology: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982220315116
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Halichoeres

Thanks for confirming! Sometimes I can't tell whether I only have access through my employer.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.