News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Am I really seeing people complain about a lack of diversity in the Mattel line?  :o

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gwangi on January 30, 2021, 01:33:19 AM
Am I really seeing people complain about a lack of diversity in the Mattel line?  :o
I m really sorry, I was just joking around, you know having some fun, not complaining. Want me to take this down?

suspsy

Wanting greater dinosaur diversity in the Amber Series is like wanting the likes of Bludgeon or Banzai-Tron or Rad or Metalhawk in the Transformers Studio Series 86 line. If you weren't on the screen, you won't ever be seen.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 30, 2021, 01:31:02 AM
Im just gonna leave this here:
Facts.
wasn't talking about the legacy collection, i mean in general
always a 'new raptor' and a 'new rex'
dont care for it. want weirdo animals.
give me a sphenacodon or something

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 30, 2021, 12:57:05 AM
Mid-Sized probably doesn't mean anything, given how widespread that app uses it. I wonder if the "Mid-sized T-rex" is a version of the baby from TLW.

I dont know. I think the Pteranodon was labeled "mid size" too and it was slightly smaller than it should have been for scale.  It doesnt make a lot of sense. We have a JP1 Raptor already. Unless they are replicating a juvenile from somewhere. 

There are plenty of animals in the films they could make and havent yet.

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 30, 2021, 01:52:58 AM
I m really sorry, I was just joking around, you know having some fun, not complaining. Want me to take this down?

No, no worries. Don't censor yourself on my behalf. Your opinion is just as valid as mine.

Mattel has to keep making Velociraptor and T. rex toys, they're what sells. But I feel like there making a lot more obscure animals than they need to. The fact that they made a Callovosaurus at all is remarkable I think. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Agreed. A lot of those come from various sources like the viral websites, or the novel (such as Callovosaurus), and truly I'm really glad they have made figures of creatures like Metriacanthosaurus, Proceratosaurus, etc, or even recently Scutosaurus (which Kenner probably served as inspiration). Who would have thought a major company would pull risks on making those relatively obscure animals and have them on store shelves (even if they sell a dozen raptors and rexes each year, though that may be how they get away with it).

Still I hope we get some of the rest of the film animals, or at the very least Corythosaurus, Apatosaurus, and the JPIII raptors someday (I have not forgotten Mamenchisaurus but really doubting that one).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Reuben03

No, no worries. Don't censor yourself on my behalf. Your opinion is just as valid as mine.

Based lmao respect

Reuben03

Here in Malta so far i've only seen one Camp Cretaceous Parasaurolophus and plenty of Toro figures. nothing else.

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on January 30, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Agreed. A lot of those come from various sources like the viral websites, or the novel (such as Callovosaurus), and truly I'm really glad they have made figures of creatures like Metriacanthosaurus, Proceratosaurus, etc, or even recently Scutosaurus (which Kenner probably served as inspiration). Who would have thought a major company would pull risks on making those relatively obscure animals and have them on store shelves (even if they sell a dozen raptors and rexes each year, though that may be how they get away with it).

Still I hope we get some of the rest of the film animals, or at the very least Corythosaurus, Apatosaurus, and the JPIII raptors someday (I have not forgotten Mamenchisaurus but really doubting that one).

I would like to see all the dinosaurs from Jurassic World: Evolution, but that's a big ask.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Haha same here actually (and including those in JPOG too like Acrocanthosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Dryosaurus, etc). Thankfully we have some by now like Majungasaurus, Sauropelta, and others like Carcharodontosaurus and Kentrosaurus on their way.

Spoiler
And likely Giganotosaurus because of its inclusion in Dominion in 2022.
[close]

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on January 30, 2021, 07:02:40 PM
avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Haha same here actually (and including those in JPOG too like Acrocanthosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Dryosaurus, etc). Thankfully we have some by now like Majungasaurus, Sauropelta, and others like Carcharodontosaurus and Kentrosaurus on their way.

Spoiler
[close]

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, I don't know if you know this but Acrocanthosaurus, Ouranosaurus, and Dryosaurus are all also in Jurassic World: Evolution. They came in a DLC pack.

Faelrin

Quote from: Gwangi on January 30, 2021, 09:41:13 PM

Spoiler
[close]

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, I don't know if you know this but Acrocanthosaurus, Ouranosaurus, and Dryosaurus are all also in Jurassic World: Evolution. They came in a DLC pack.

Sorry, that my wording was off. I do know that these are also all in JWE (I have all the DLC's now, plus I'm back to playing it again lately). I was trying to mean the ones included in JPOG originally too, because I have a lot nostalgia and fondness for the ones that were in that game particularly, such as the Acrocanthosaurus (which JPOG introduced me to, as well as with Carcharodontosaurus for example). Though I do like a lot of the ones included in JWE like Huayangosaurus, Iguanodon, Pentaceratops, etc.

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on January 30, 2021, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 30, 2021, 09:41:13 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Sorry, that my wording was off. I do know that these are also all in JWE (I have all the DLC's now, plus I'm back to playing it again lately). I was trying to mean the ones included in JPOG originally too, because I have a lot nostalgia and fondness for the ones that were in that game particularly, such as the Acrocanthosaurus (which JPOG introduced me to, as well as with Carcharodontosaurus for example). Though I do like a lot of the ones included in JWE like Huayangosaurus, Iguanodon, Pentaceratops, etc.

I never got to play JPOG. I think I was in college around the time it was released and it kind of went under my radar. I remember seeing and considering it once at GameStop and I skipped on it, regretted it ever since. I've been playing a lot of JW:E lately too, it has a lot of frustrating flaws but overall I find it wonderfully distracting in these trying times. The only DLC I skipped on was the raptor squad skins.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Faelrin on January 27, 2021, 08:55:02 PM

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken Here's a list of everything by year that has only one version (not including repacks):

2018:

• The original "Sinoceratops" Pachyrhinosaurus roarivores sculpt
  • Mosasaurus
  • Microceratus (only in two of the Destruct-A-Saurs sets to this day, the Pteranodon, and Velociraptor)
2019:

• Mononykus
  • Dimetrodon (the original Destruct-A-Saurs figure was canceled)
  • Tapejara
  • Nasutoceratops (I imagine this will change in 2022 with Dominion's release)
  • Quetzalcoatlus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Indominus rex
  • Brachiosaurus
2020 (this could change as the year goes on):

• Ornitholestes
  • Callovosaurus
  • Troodon (may be 2021 instead, that just released early in some regions?)
  • Sauropelta
  • Postosuchus
  • Scutosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Irritator
  • Tarbosaurus
  • Siats
  • Gasosaurus
I should probably update my Mattel JW thread with some of the new repaints or retools coming.

hey thanks for the list! looks like almost all the 2018 releases have gotten repaints. Im sure we'll see the remaining 2019 and many of the 2020 releases again with new colors.

as for species they haven't made yet  Id like to see how Mattel handles lycaenops and estemmenosuchus...they'd go nicely with the dimetrodon and scutosaurus(which I STILL CANT FIND ANYWHERE!!!) >:(

suspsy

It is interesting that the Mosasaurus has never been repainted, or received any new versions for that matter. Must not have sold well enough.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2021, 01:59:37 AM
It is interesting that the Mosasaurus has never been repainted, or received any new versions for that matter. Must not have sold well enough.

I still see it on the shelves at my local Target, and they seem to be re-stocking them. I only just recently caved in and bought one.

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2021, 01:59:37 AM
with the way its tail curves upward like that i'm not surprised. in the box, if you are a child that isn't the brightest, it could be easy to assume you are getting half a toy haha.
the whole thing is stuuupidly disproportionate. plus I hate the scutes and flippers. I'd get it if it was screen accurate, but It fails even at that!! it's soooo bad. If the tail was longer and didn't stick in the air like a cat's tail (i'm being really tame with my descriptions rn) then it might perhaps be worth it. But until they bring out a tylosaurus similar to the one from the Telltale game like they did with the troodon (but with a Tail fluke this time) Then i'm really not interested at all. ugly figure, not even accurate to the on screen animal. don't like it one bit. and it's noooo secret on here that i am mosasaur mad, so it's especially a disappointment for me and any other Mosasaur Lovers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: